U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-13-2009, 07:53 AM

21,157 posts, read 26,373,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
The fact of the matter is that this still remains a legal issue and not illegal. Save it for Legal Immigration. The parents of a child who are here illegally, find it meaningless to get citizenship from Guatemala for their children being that they are illegal and cant take their children to Guatemala with permission to return back to the States. If the illegal parent had any intention of taking their children to Guatemala to stay, they could actually get dual citizenship for them much easier in their country. What use would citizenship from Guatemala have for a US born child? The child cannot vote. Unless the parent buys property, at which I would say, it would make sense for the parent to wait until their child becomes an adult to follow the legal process and obtain property rights. Again, I dont believe your story, but you can prove that they are illegal and over 800 of them by posting the article, if you wish.
Which does not matter: the parents are criminals be default and need to leave the USA regardless. As for their Anchor Baby---------with all due respect to their US born kid, the parents still made a bad choice and need to be punished just like an American criminal.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 10:17 AM

11,280 posts, read 11,193,435 times
Quote:
The parents of a child who are here illegally, find it meaningless to get citizenship from Guatemala for their children being that they are illegal and cant take their children to Guatemala with permission to return back to the States. If the illegal parent had any intention of taking their children to Guatemala to stay, they could actually get dual citizenship for them much easier in their country.

Apparently not as they were lined up around the block. Some estimated 800.

Quote:
What use would citizenship from Guatemala have for a US born child? The child cannot vote. Unless the parent buys property, at which I would say, it would make sense for the parent to wait until their child becomes an adult to follow the legal process and obtain property rights.

The article stated quote Ms. Beatrix Illescas Putzeys “the dual citizenship helps when a Guatemalan parent is deported, but the child is an American.”

Quote:
Again, I dont believe your story, but you can prove that they are illegal and over 800 of them by posting the article, if you wish

I don’t care if you believe it. I don’t believe Postville, Iowa benefited from the presence of illegal aliens nor that their economy collapsed because of the deportation of illegal aliens.

I could not find the article on line to post a link as I stated it is about a year old. You can search it your self it was printed in the Hilltop express a local TN paper . I cant prove if they are legal or not, I leaning heavy towards illegal. My point was I would rather my town look like the photo of Postville you posted than the photo of my town that I posted. Neither photo is proof of economic stability.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:32 PM

7,284 posts, read 7,717,683 times
I don't have a problem with population growth slowing down or stopping in our country. Populations shift, thousands of towns in the plains states were abandoned at the same time that the population was exploding during the late 18-early 1900's. The situation in the original post is no different.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:30 AM

2,383 posts, read 3,168,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Which does not matter: the parents are criminals be default and need to leave the USA regardless. As for their Anchor Baby---------with all due respect to their US born kid, the parents still made a bad choice and need to be punished just like an American criminal.
That was not the issue AZ. Please stay focused. The issue was reasons why an illegal immigrant would get dual citizenship for their child.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:38 AM

2,383 posts, read 3,168,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Apparently not as they were lined up around the block. Some estimated 800.

The article stated quote Ms. Beatrix Illescas Putzeys “the dual citizenship helps when a Guatemalan parent is deported, but the child is an American.”

I don’t care if you believe it. I don’t believe Postville, Iowa benefited from the presence of illegal aliens nor that their economy collapsed because of the deportation of illegal aliens.

I could not find the article on line to post a link as I stated it is about a year old. You can search it your self it was printed in the Hilltop express a local TN paper . I cant prove if they are legal or not, I leaning heavy towards illegal. My point was I would rather my town look like the photo of Postville you posted than the photo of my town that I posted. Neither photo is proof of economic stability.
That is fine. We can agree to disagree. When I applied for my dual citizenship, we had a deadline. The lines were big. The media was called and took a picture of the long line. As a matter of fact, I was in line at 4:30 am and didnt get out until 10:30 am. All of the people that were close to me in line, were LEGAL.

You can disagree with the Postville raid and the aftermath if you like. The reality of it is that experts have found that it is detrimental to the US economy to not repeat massive raids such as this one.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:19 AM

21,157 posts, read 26,373,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
That was not the issue AZ. Please stay focused. The issue was reasons why an illegal immigrant would get dual citizenship for their child.
Staying focused? the original premise of this article was how an immigration raid changed a town.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:59 AM

11,280 posts, read 11,193,435 times
Quote:
You can disagree with the Postville raid and the aftermath if you like. The reality of it is that experts have found that it is detrimental to the US economy to not repeat massive raids such as this one.
What experts would that be?
I agree having a need for massive raids is detrimental to the US economy. If companies werent so money hungry and abided by the law, as in not hiring illegal labor, these temporary economic downfalls wouldnt occur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration