U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 07:26 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,774,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
...too bad...

They should have considered that before they came here ILLEGALLY.....They should have weighed the consequences of entering a foreign, sovereign nation without permission....

If they sat down and really THOUGHT about what they were doing...they might have reconsidered...but the stupid systems on BOTH sides of the border breed nothing but a cult-ure of "no consequences self-pity" that dupes people on BOTH sides of the border into believing that there could simply NEVER be ANY negative consequences of ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION....

...too bad...
#1. They did think about it. They simply don't care & do it anyway. If you object to illegals you must be "racist".

#2. Mexican culture is all about "right now, me & self-pity". "La Raza" really means "Thank you American Gringos". now, wheres the dollars?????

#3. Jackpot baby hits the nail on the head, way better than anchor baby & much more descriptive. Babies=welfare, food stamps and public housing. More babies=paycheck.

#4. My "sympathy lever is broken & my I don't give a damn button is worn out" , If you are here without documents, GO HOME.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 07:33 PM

233 posts, read 389,752 times
Default Still no sympathy

When I couldn't find any work due to these people low balling our wages I had to relocate 1600 miles away to find work to support my disabled husband and 3 minor children........I didn't see anyone crying about the fact that I was missing seeing my children grow up. There wasn't enough money to move them with me so they stayed home with their dad and I saw them on vacations, it was a rough 8 years until the youngest was on his own and I could come back home here and work a lesser paying job and be able to survive. Hubby and I CHOSE to have our kids and that means taking responsibility for raising them ourselves and providing for them. I could have taken a lower paying job locally back then and had the taxpayer supplement my earning with food stamps, a medical card and section 8 housing but I wouldn't be able to hold my head as high as I do and tho my kids missed me and I was missing a lot too, they too know what it took to give them a decent life and teach them that we are RESPONSIBLE for our actions, such as deciding to have children. They have all grown into fine young men who take their personal responsibilities seriously, they are hard workers and are instilling the same values in the children they have decided to have. I think these people are a disgrace for the values they instill in their children and for using them as pawns in their schemes.........while many of them are hard working they are teaching these children it is ok to break the law as a means to an end when they come here illegally in the first place so where do they draw the line on lawlessness. Again, it is only their choice to leave their kids behind......not mine and I feel no sympathy for them.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollies mom View Post
When I couldn't find any work due to these people low balling our wages I had to relocate 1600 miles away to find work to support my disabled husband and 3 minor children........I didn't see anyone crying about the fact that I was missing seeing my children grow up. There wasn't enough money to move them with me so they stayed home with their dad and I saw them on vacations, it was a rough 8 years until the youngest was on his own and I could come back home here and work a lesser paying job and be able to survive. Hubby and I CHOSE to have our kids and that means taking responsibility for raising them ourselves and providing for them. I could have taken a lower paying job locally back then and had the taxpayer supplement my earning with food stamps, a medical card and section 8 housing but I wouldn't be able to hold my head as high as I do and tho my kids missed me and I was missing a lot too, they too know what it took to give them a decent life and teach them that we are RESPONSIBLE for our actions, such as deciding to have children. They have all grown into fine young men who take their personal responsibilities seriously, they are hard workers and are instilling the same values in the children they have decided to have. I think these people are a disgrace for the values they instill in their children and for using them as pawns in their schemes.........while many of them are hard working they are teaching these children it is ok to break the law as a means to an end when they come here illegally in the first place so where do they draw the line on lawlessness. Again, it is only their choice to leave their kids behind......not mine and I feel no sympathy for them.

They are Illegals send them back and have their kids put up for adoption. Any Anchor baby needs to be put up for Adoption the minute its born.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:43 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,774,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollies mom View Post
I applaude your efforts. That was a hard decision to make. Bravo.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:16 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,042,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
maybe honorable is not the right word...

noble?

selfless?
Some, yes. Some just don't give a crap about their kids, including the ones that are left in Mexico without a mother or father. But ALL of them are not being selfless and noble, some just flat out don't care.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:46 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,070,242 times
you know very little about mexican culture.

#2 makes you sound very uninformed and prejudiced.
especially since we are talking about illegals. and not mexicans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
#1. They did think about it. They simply don't care & do it anyway. If you object to illegals you must be "racist".

#2. Mexican culture is all about "right now, me & self-pity". "La Raza" really means "Thank you American Gringos". now, wheres the dollars?????

#3. Jackpot baby hits the nail on the head, way better than anchor baby & much more descriptive. Babies=welfare, food stamps and public housing. More babies=paycheck.

#4. My "sympathy lever is broken & my I don't give a damn button is worn out" , If you are here without documents, GO HOME.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:08 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,309,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
http://www.detnews.com/article/20090608/METRO/906080359/Illegal-immigration-s-fallout--Families-split-as-deportations-grow (broken link)

Part of me is very glad to see deportation policies actually being enforced even when the people have children. That said, I can't help but feel bad for the kids. I think we should all remember that their circumstances are their parents' fault and not anyone else's.
Sorry, tough luck for them.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
you know very little about mexican culture.

#2 makes you sound very uninformed and prejudiced.
especially since we are talking about illegals. and not mexicans.
You also are very uninformed when it comes to Mexican culture these days.

Old 06-09-2009, 03:05 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,070,242 times
how so? i dont make sweeping generalizations about self pity and instant gratification like others do.

how am i uninformed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
You also are very uninformed when it comes to Mexican culture these days.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
how so? i dont make sweeping generalizations about self pity and instant gratification like others do.

how am i uninformed?
When you talk about illegals in this country, you show your ignorance about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration