Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2009, 01:40 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,851,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A bill that aims to curb illegal immigration by prohibiting local governments from enacting “sanctuary” ordinances, or policies that make it difficult for law enforcement and other local government employees to comply with federal immigration law, was approved in the state House on Friday morning.

Rep. Joe Carr (R-Lascassas) said, “I am very pleased to see that my colleagues in the House agree that something must be done on the state level to combat illegal immigration.

“I made a promise to the voters that I would work on illegal immigration legislation, and I have worked hard on this bill. It’s a solid piece of legislation, and I believe that my colleagues saw that today as it passed the House overwhelmingly.”
6/5/2009 - House Passes Bill Prohibiting Immigrant Sanctuary Cities - Breaking News - Chattanoogan.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 01:52 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Much like the snowballing efforts to ban smoking indoors or nail DUI drivers ever harder----------the hammer is snagging more and more illegal alien 'victims'

Trust me: once we hit a critical mass of laws directed against illegals------------that is when the 'big guns' AKA Federal intervention will kick in to finish off the job.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:18 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,386 times
The pattern appears to be pretty much the same in every state now. Corrupt scumbag employers of illegals are allowed to bring in hordes of mostly illegal Mexicans to be exploited. The American sheeple in those states are complaisant with a 'they're not hurting anyone' attitude. The scumbag employers of illegals spend a lot of money buying off politicians at all levels to keep a hands off policy towards their illegals. The scumbag employers of illegals have also spend a lot of money through the IA Chamber of Commerce and other groups buyi;ng politicians and promoting their BS campaigns such as 'they're only doing the jobs Americans won't do' and other BS. Eventually, though, enough complaisant sheeple wake up and demand that something be done about the illegal Mexican invasion. The illegal Mexican invasion will now start bypassing Tennessee somewhat. Unfortunately, the illegal hordes are still breaking in in other states and the pattern continues. True Americans can only hope that enough sheeple throughout the country wake up in time before the illegal Mexican invasion become too entrenched, if it hasn't happened already. And one can only hope that the IA enablers get their just rewards someday.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:30 PM

646 posts, read 801,164 times
This is good news for us here in Tennessee,we voters will not accept anything less.I hope our good neighbors to the south follow suit.Come on Georgia,come on Alabama.There have been rumors of MS13 gang members having made it to some of our communities

Old 06-06-2009, 09:37 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
This is good news for us here in Tennessee,we voters will not accept anything less.I hope our good neighbors to the south follow suit.Come on Georgia,come on Alabama.There have been rumors of MS13 gang members having made it to some of our communities
Wouldn't be a bad idea for your neighbor to the North (Kentucky) and to the east (North Carolina and Virginia) to follow suit. You should ask folks on the Kentucky forum what mark illegals are leaving on Shelbyville. Do not get me started on NC and VA.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Wouldn't be a bad idea for your neighbor to the North (Kentucky) and to the east (North Carolina and Virginia) to follow suit. You should ask folks on the Kentucky forum what mark illegals are leaving on Shelbyville. Do not get me started on NC and VA.
I by know means meant to leave you guys off,Chattanooga is the gateway to the deep south our city borders these two states.I have read that Virginia is very much infested with not just the illegals but also have a major MS13 problem.Yes,it is time for this whole region to stop it now

Old 06-07-2009, 11:24 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,452,408 times
Wonderful news!

Old 06-07-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
I by know means meant to leave you guys off,Chattanooga is the gateway to the deep south our city borders these two states.I have read that Virginia is very much infested with not just the illegals but also have a major MS13 problem.Yes,it is time for this whole region to stop it now
VA is defintely filled with them and i'm right in the epicenter of the action here in Northern VA. In fact, within the 5 years i lived here there have been 2 very violent murders by MS-13 within 10 minutes of my apt, not even counting all the other trouble they've been brewing up.

In fact, in just 3 hours i will be heading to my native Hampton Roads, VA. Hampton Roads has been fortunate enough to dodge the illegal immigrant explosion (from my observations when I left in 04) but sadly from another poster's observation Hampton Roads was on borrowed time.

This year's governor's election is very important to stopping the illegal immigrant menace. For me, it's possibly the difference between dying in Virginia or "Bye Bye forever Virginia."

Old 06-07-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
VA is defintely filled with them and i'm right in the epicenter of the action here in Northern VA. In fact, within the 5 years i lived here there have been 2 very violent murders by MS-13 within 10 minutes of my apt, not even counting all the other trouble they've been brewing up.

In fact, in just 3 hours i will be heading to my native Hampton Roads, VA. Hampton Roads has been fortunate enough to dodge the illegal immigrant explosion (from my observations when I left in 04) but sadly from another poster's observation Hampton Roads was on borrowed time.

This year's governor's election is very important to stopping the illegal immigrant menace. For me, it's possibly the difference between dying in Virginia or "Bye Bye forever Virginia."
I got to tell you I am sorry it has gotten to this point in ol' Virginia.The voters their have got to make sure the candidates absolutely know where the voters stand on this issue.States like California,Arizona.e.t.c are pretty much to far gone.Tennessee has a long way to go,but we want to nip it early.I would hate hate to think you could not raise kids and die in you birth state.Good luck

Old 06-10-2009, 04:46 AM

Quote:
I got to tell you I am sorry it has gotten to this point in ol' Virginia.The voters their have got to make sure the candidates absolutely know where the voters stand on this issue.States like California,Arizona.e.t.c are pretty much to far gone.Tennessee has a long way to go,but we want to nip it early.I would hate hate to think you could not raise kids and die in you birth state.Good luck
Well a couple of pieces of good news this week. I'm in my native Hampton Roads right now and we've not been taken over by illegals from my observation (and yes pro-illegals we have latinos here.) First time in 4 years in Virginia i went to a resturant and didnt hear spanish spoken.

Our democratic governor primary was also yesterday and was won by a moderate from rural VA who likely wont let illegals run wild here over a likely bleeding-heart liberal from Northern VA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration