U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-09-2009, 04:26 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

Sponsored by Taxpayer Revolution

The Initiative’s Laws Will:

REQUIRE issuance of the official "CALIFORNIA BIRTH CERTIFICATE" for births to ONLY citizens and legal permanent residents.
Birth to Foreign Parent document issued to all others.


STOP 18 years of WELFARE payments to illegal aliens for their U.S. born children.

ALLOW only CITIZENS AND PERMANENT LEGAL RESIDENTS eligibility for all public benefits including non-emergency and pre-natal care.

ALLOWS Immigration and Customs Enforcement to review approved applications for federal benefits that illegal aliens are permitted to receive due to a U.S. born child. (Please see the initiative summary.)

An article in the Sacramento Bee on September 10, 2007 by Washington correspondent David Whitney summed up automatic citizenship: "Although Congress has never passed a law saying so, no president has ever ordered it, and no court has ever ruled on the issue, each of these babies automatically becomes a U.S. citizen when it takes its first breath." This is taxpayer injustice.

Read More at:

Taxpayer Revolution - Sponsoring California Taxpayer Protection Act 2010 - Home

Taxpayer Revolution - Sponsoring California Taxpayer Protection Act 2010 - About the Author
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-10-2009, 07:39 AM
 
Location: The Wine Country, CA
807 posts, read 1,116,947 times
Reputation: 302
Yep.. I will be voting and campaigning FOR This measure..

Sadly, like Proposition 187 that passed in November of 1994 with a majority of California state voters, IF passed the Act will likely be overturned by some ethnocentric activist judge..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2009, 07:44 AM
 
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
804 posts, read 1,174,929 times
Reputation: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Yep.. I will be voting and campaigning FOR This measure..

Sadly, like Proposition 187 that passed in November of 1994 with a majority of California state voters, IF passed the Act will likely be overturned by some ethnocentric activist judge..
Now, if CA would not try to pass an unconstitutional law, then taxpayers could save the money from the trial and the voting. What a waste of taxpayers dollars!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2009, 07:56 AM
 
Location: The Wine Country, CA
807 posts, read 1,116,947 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Now, if CA would not try to pass an unconstitutional law, then taxpayers could save the money from the trial and the voting. What a waste of taxpayers dollars!!
"Unconstitutional".. California voters spoke loudly and clearly in 1994 and voted to protect the tax dollars of it's citizens from being spent on people that should NOT have been in the country to begin with.. Now, here California is 15 years later and it's fiscal situation is a nightmare in large part to Illegal Aliens and their anchor babies sucking up resources that should NOT have ever been available to them..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2009, 08:01 AM
 
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
804 posts, read 1,174,929 times
Reputation: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
An article in the Sacramento Bee on September 10, 2007 by Washington correspondent David Whitney summed up automatic citizenship: "Although Congress has never passed a law saying so, no president has ever ordered it, and no court has ever ruled on the issue, each of these babies automatically becomes a U.S. citizen when it takes its first breath." This is taxpayer injustice.
But they did, they passed a constitution amendment that allowed for it. After all amendments don't just pass themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2009, 12:22 PM
 
Location: Oregon
1,169 posts, read 3,302,702 times
Reputation: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
"Unconstitutional".. California voters spoke loudly and clearly in 1994 and voted to protect the tax dollars of it's citizens from being spent on people that should NOT have been in the country to begin with.. Now, here California is 15 years later and it's fiscal situation is a nightmare in large part to Illegal Aliens and their anchor babies sucking up resources that should NOT have ever been available to them..
Exactly. Even if it does get overturned though, it speaks volumes about how the CITIZENS of California feel about this situation. Even in a liberal state like California they overwhelmingly voted to end the handouts to anchor babies. That should give the idiots in Washington something to think about when they come up with some new amnesty bill to try to force on us.

When is this bill expected to be on the ballot? Does anyone know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2009, 02:00 PM
 
Location: The Wine Country, CA
807 posts, read 1,116,947 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaT2 View Post
Exactly. Even if it does get overturned though, it speaks volumes about how the CITIZENS of California feel about this situation. Even in a liberal state like California they overwhelmingly voted to end the handouts to anchor babies. That should give the idiots in Washington something to think about when they come up with some new amnesty bill to try to force on us.

When is this bill expected to be on the ballot? Does anyone know?
I heard the June 2010 Gubenatorial Primaries..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2009, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Yep.. I will be voting and campaigning FOR This measure..

Sadly, like Proposition 187 that passed in November of 1994 with a majority of California state voters, IF passed the Act will likely be overturned by some ethnocentric activist judge..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Now, if CA would not try to pass an unconstitutional law, then taxpayers could save the money from the trial and the voting. What a waste of taxpayers dollars!!
15 years have passed since 1994; remember those insolent illegal alien losers 'demanding' their so-called 'rights' in May 2006?

Public opinion has tilted against illegals and their enablers quite a bit since then
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top