U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-10-2009, 09:55 PM
 
Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,582,427 times
Reputation: 267

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Hate to say it, but they were smuggled into this country. There time is up and now they get a free trip home. Since the dad committed an illegal smuggling, he should get the option to go with them free of charge, or spend 3-10 years in jail for smuggling, just like the coyotes get when they are caught.
I concur. Illegal is illegal no matter who committed the crime or how it was committed.

The parents are no better than the parents of those dreamies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-10-2009, 10:13 PM
 
Location: San Francisco, CA
85 posts, read 121,012 times
Reputation: 55
Ohmygosh, she's white AND illegal. Where are the syncophants who claim we're racist when someone comes into the U.S. through Mexico illegally? Huh? Huh??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2009, 11:20 PM
 
Location: Earth
17,449 posts, read 22,959,819 times
Reputation: 7246
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Anymore; I have to agree with your opinion as well.
How would you feel if the girl wasn't Polish but an ethnic Hungarian from Transylvania, a group that has faced considerable discrimination ever since the Treaty of Trianon gave Transylvania to Romania?

Or for that matter, a friend of mine from Budapest (don't know if he's legal or illegal) stated when I mentioned my heritage and having been there that life is just as hard for the average Budapest resident as it is for the average Mexico City resident. If he was illegal, would you want to deport him? Or two of his relatives who are gorgeous blonde women of the classic Magyar type? (again, I don't know if they're legal or illegal, but if these hot Hungarian women who would be approximately 18-20 were illegal AND came through Mexico would you want them deported?)

Maybe there needs to be an Aztlan-type movement to reverse the Treaty of Trianon and "reconquer" Translyvania (there is probably one, most likely...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2009, 11:25 PM
 
Location: Earth
17,449 posts, read 22,959,819 times
Reputation: 7246
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarissaM View Post
Ohmygosh, she's white AND illegal. Where are the syncophants who claim we're racist when someone comes into the U.S. through Mexico illegally? Huh? Huh??
If she was 20 and beautiful even the most staunch opponents of illegal immigration would change their mind, other than those who happen to be gay or hetero female.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 01:10 AM
 
Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,582,427 times
Reputation: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
If she was 20 and beautiful even the most staunch opponents of illegal immigration would change their mind, other than those who happen to be gay or hetero female.
According to whom? You?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 05:07 AM
 
Location: North Texas
23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
Reputation: 26668
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Hate to say it, but they were smuggled into this country. There time is up and now they get a free trip home. Since the dad committed an illegal smuggling, he should get the option to go with them free of charge, or spend 3-10 years in jail for smuggling, just like the coyotes get when they are caught.
I agree, no special treatment for Europeans. Give them the same penalties you would give anybody else.

The little girl is a victim here but she is a victim of her parents' bad decisions. The law is the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 06:47 AM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,035,044 times
Reputation: 2873
Well, they took their chances coming in illegally. I am sorry that the little girl has to pay for her parents (bad) decisions, but such is life.

I do find it interesting that they admit to crossing illegally through Mexico. I could have sworn that illegal apologists claim that only hardworking Mexicans cross the border - noone else. I wonder why this family thought crossing illegally from Mexico was easier then from Canada - after all, we have been hearing so much about the Canadian border being so much more porous...
Kinda makes you wonder just who the hell else is crossing in from the South, doesn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 07:28 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
How would you feel if the girl wasn't Polish but an ethnic Hungarian from Transylvania, a group that has faced considerable discrimination ever since the Treaty of Trianon gave Transylvania to Romania?

Or for that matter, a friend of mine from Budapest (don't know if he's legal or illegal) stated when I mentioned my heritage and having been there that life is just as hard for the average Budapest resident as it is for the average Mexico City resident. If he was illegal, would you want to deport him? Or two of his relatives who are gorgeous blonde women of the classic Magyar type? (again, I don't know if they're legal or illegal, but if these hot Hungarian women who would be approximately 18-20 were illegal AND came through Mexico would you want them deported?)

Maybe there needs to be an Aztlan-type movement to reverse the Treaty of Trianon and "reconquer" Translyvania (there is probably one, most likely...)
First off: I am an unhyphenated American so, outside of historical curiousity, I do not have a 'dog in the fight' pertaining to Hungary and Trianon.

Face it: that nation was on the wrong side of WW I almost 90 years ago and lost so it needs to get over itself.

As for the 'ethnic Hungarians' in Transylvania----------under international law they are actually Romanian. Either they assimilate into the dominant culture or apply for admission to present day Hungary.

Besides; between NATO and the Schengen Agreement, crossing between the two nations involved is quite drama free..............it is no worse than going between Maryland and Virginia.

Re: illegal aliens from Hungary (even cute 20 YO females) here in the USA; can one say 1-866-DHS-2-ICE?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 01:10 PM
 
472 posts, read 627,704 times
Reputation: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
how would you feel if the girl wasn't polish but an ethnic hungarian from transylvania, a group that has faced considerable discrimination ever since the treaty of trianon gave transylvania to romania?

Or for that matter, a friend of mine from budapest (don't know if he's legal or illegal) stated when i mentioned my heritage and having been there that life is just as hard for the average budapest resident as it is for the average mexico city resident. If he was illegal, would you want to deport him? Or two of his relatives who are gorgeous blonde women of the classic magyar type? (again, i don't know if they're legal or illegal, but if these hot hungarian women who would be approximately 18-20 were illegal and came through mexico would you want them deported?)
yes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2009, 12:29 AM
 
Location: Earth
17,449 posts, read 22,959,819 times
Reputation: 7246
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
According to whom? You?
According to the majority of heterosexual males. And, by extension, the majority of lesbians.
.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top