Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 12:52 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,848,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
Please tell me just what law is being broken.
Either one or more of the following by illegals: illegal entry, visa overstaying, theft of ID (many times to gain employment), driving without driver's licenses, tax evasion, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 02:04 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,330,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
"How is it that Harry Reid was exactly right 16 years ago, but is so completely wrong now? Why does Reid oppose programs he once sponsored now that the problem is seven times greater after 9/11? "
I wish we still had journalists willing to ask the hard questions. I would like to hear what/who/how much caused him to do a complete turnaround. I would like an explanation.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:12 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,389,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
He saw the light.
He saw the dollar signs. There is no light at the end of the tunnel for illegal aliens and those who support them.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:20 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,872,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Either one or more of the following by illegals: illegal entry, visa overstaying, theft of ID (many times to gain employment), driving without driver's licenses, tax evasion, etc.
OK, I'm confused. I agree with the Democrat that these people are a drain on society, Are Freeloaders and scam artests. To me that's progress. How did you think I was pro-illegals? I sure am not! LOL!

Old 06-11-2009, 06:23 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,063,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
OK, I'm confused. I agree with the Democrat that these people are a drain on society, Are Freeloaders and scam artests. To me that's progress. How did you think I was pro-illegals? I sure am not! LOL!
Can someone say a case of crossed wires here?

You certainly do not impress me as being pro illegal in any way, shape or form.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:22 PM

234 posts, read 295,312 times
did you know that 99.9% of hispanics are voting democrat and the illegals are voting in record numbers by using phony id's..

Old 06-13-2009, 08:23 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,512,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a flag of honor View Post
did you know that 99.9% of hispanics are voting democrat and the illegals are voting in record numbers by using phony id's..

I don't know what kind of shady voting you have in your area, but here you cannot just go down and flash your ID and vote.

You have to register to vote. Which I hope, they checkout the person registering.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:34 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,184,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I don't know what kind of shady voting you have in your area, but here you cannot just go down and flash your ID and vote.

You have to register to vote. Which I hope, they checkout the person registering.
Well that is the the problem. If we try to make voters prove their identity we are called racist or accused of voter intimidation. I myself feel that not only should we have a voter reg. card but also present a photo ID. Its not fool proof but it is a start.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:40 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,887,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammy164 View Post
I wish we still had journalists willing to ask the hard questions. I would like to hear what/who/how much caused him to do a complete turnaround. I would like an explanation.
that question would make for good journalism and good television!

i think that the press forgets that these politicians WORK FOR US.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:52 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,063,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Well that is the the problem. If we try to make voters prove their identity we are called racist or accused of voter intimidation. I myself feel that not only should we have a voter reg. card but also present a photo ID. Its not fool proof but it is a start.
I had to present picture ID to vote and I am stereotypically White.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration