U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 08:04 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,745,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
What about the fact that the majority of illegal immigrants cross via the border crossings?
All the more reason to wonder why these people chose to cross where they did, why they would endanger their children this way. Probably criminal records of some kind, likely the adults were wanted for a serious crime and that's why they didn't risk crossing the common way.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:20 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,080,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I stand by what I said.

Flip side: it must feel good to you supporting amnesty for a bunch of criminals AKA illegal aliens.
Actually it kind of does.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
All the more reason to wonder why these people chose to cross where they did, why they would endanger their children this way. Probably criminal records of some kind, likely the adults were wanted for a serious crime and that's why they didn't risk crossing the common way.

The point is why have a fence if they can jump, tunnel, go through, or bypass it? It makes no sense.

Actually your observation is nothing more than pure speculation. There could a NUMBER of other reasons (coyotes, not super close to a border crossing, no means of transportation to cross via border crossing, no paper work, etc). I highly doubt that the reason you gave is the top reason.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:01 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times
Quote:
The point is why have a fence if they can jump, tunnel, go through, or bypass it? It makes no sense.

Actually your observation is nothing more than pure speculation. There could a NUMBER of other reasons (coyotes, not super close to a border crossing, no means of transportation to cross via border crossing, no paper work, etc). I highly doubt that the reason you gave is the top reason.
All the more reason to fortify our southern border----------up to Berlin Wall standards.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:10 AM

807 posts, read 1,117,416 times
Quote:
Which is why the US Military should be deployed to the U.S. border with Mexico...With the drug cartels coming across into the U.S., the U.S.-Mexico border should be one of the fronts in the War on Terrorism..

Old 06-12-2009, 03:32 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,901,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Which is why the US Military should be deployed to the U.S. border with Mexico...With the drug cartels coming across into the U.S., the U.S.-Mexico border should be one of the fronts in the War on Terrorism..
Agreed. Unofficially mexico fired the first shot and deployed millions of their poverty stricken, illiterate, breeding, murdering, child molesting, drunk driving troops, identity stealing to destroy America more than a decade ago. Our stupid government has been convinced by the corporate masters and the lobbyist that American lives are less valuable than their profits.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. Unofficially mexico fired the first shot and deployed millions of their poverty stricken, illiterate, breeding, murdering, child molesting, drunk driving troops, identity stealing to destroy America more than a decade ago. Our stupid government has been convinced by the corporate masters and the lobbyist that American lives are less valuable than their profits.
My brother was a capitan for the US army. He went to West Point. I asked him his take on whether or not we should send troops on the border. A resounding no, followed by a burst of laughter was the answer. The reason? We are already in two major wars, we are spending billions on the war on drugs, and we are seeing a defiant North Korea and Pakistan. We need to find a way to stop the fiscal bleeding. Troops on the border is a bad idea.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
My brother was a capitan for the US army. He went to West Point. I asked him his take on whether or not we should send troops on the border. A resounding no, followed by a burst of laughter was the answer. The reason? We are already in two major wars, we are spending billions on the war on drugs, and we are seeing a defiant North Korea and Pakistan. We need to find a way to stop the fiscal bleeding. Troops on the border is a bad idea.
As for NK: if needed; that country would wilt quickly if struck by the USA.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:40 PM

6,571 posts, read 17,969,097 times
The US will never nuke or do any major offensive in North Korea. Bombing would not do much good in a hilly and mountanous climate.

Why do I feel this?... I was stationed in North Korea in 1952...(todays no man zone since 1953)...nothing but big hills and mountains. The area I left has been nothing but open land between two rows of fences separating the North from the South.

Steve (40th Inf Div. 980th FA. A Battery 105mm Howitzer)

Old 06-12-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
The US will never nuke or do any major offensive in North Korea. Bombing would not do much good in a hilly and mountanous climate.

Why do I feel this?... I was stationed in North Korea in 1952...(todays no man zone since 1953)...nothing but big hills and mountains. The area I left has been nothing but open land between two rows of fences separating the North from the South.

Steve (40th Inf Div. 980th FA. A Battery 105mm Howitzer)
I hope that NK does not push the issue, admittedly.

Needless to say: thank you for your service to the USA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or