Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2009, 04:40 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times

Advertisements

Margaret Heintz sputtered in frustration.
"There's nothing we can do," the Marshalltown, Iowa, woman said to her daughter, Mona Kilborn, when they talked about their shared point of aggravation -- illegal immigrants.
"Mom, you can do something," Kilborn said. "You can write your congressman. I'll even get you the address."
So in September 2007, the 90-year-old Heintz put pen to paper for her first letter to a politician. Two weeks later, she died at the hands of an illegal immigrant.
"Ironic, isn't it?" Kilborn said. "This one issue, it's changed our lives forever."

TH - Top News Article
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 04:56 PM

706 posts, read 939,753 times
"At first, I really thought if people heard our story, it would wake them up," she said. "But I'm not sure we have made any difference, to be honest."

The people have heard this lady.....but we are being ignored by the politicians and the special interest groups that control them....

at least for now.....

tick,tick,tick......

BL

Old 06-11-2009, 05:17 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
"At first, I really thought if people heard our story, it would wake them up," she said. "But I'm not sure we have made any difference, to be honest."

The people have heard this lady.....but we are being ignored by the politicians and the special interest groups that control them....

at least for now.....

tick,tick,tick......

BL
Well stated. She will come to realize that there are millions of us working diligently behind the scenes to bring this travesty to a screeching halt.

Illegal aliens believe that we are a silent minority because we don't take off of work or run into the streets to attack them whenever they start stomping around the US waiving the mexican rag and demanding amnesty in exchange for breaking, entering and destroying America.

. . . . tick . . tick . . tick, indeed

Old 06-11-2009, 05:24 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,198 times
It is a sad story. However the thing I always considered a flaw with these stories is that they convey their message only on the emotional appeal. They fail to mention any shades of gray. See, life is not binary. This is not a binary type issue. This is complicated. Obviously not the murder (which I believe that if caught SHOULD be deported), but what about the story about the teen obtaining her college education, or the story of the town that lost economically because of the bust, or the vast majority of illegal immigrants that simply work and live. With that said, I acknowledge that there are some illegal immigrants that are murderers. They should get deported. Yet, the majority that simply want to work should be to gain amnesty. There should be other provisions to ensure legal immigration and deter illegal immigration, but again this goes to show that this issue is not a simple issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration