Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 11:56 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post

And you are happy because those people are now going to be unemployed.

I am happy they shut the place down. Now a legally run business has a fighting chance to play on a level playing field. Remember the Alamo!!! We got our butts whooped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 11:59 AM

804 posts, read 1,359,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I am happy they shut the place down. Now a legally run business has a fighting chance to play on a level playing field. Remember the Alamo!!! We got our butts whooped.
They didn't shut the place down.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:00 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Don't be so quick to think there are 260 job openings. This company has been playing the system for years and I'm sure they will still play the system. They will surely replace those workers with others who are illegal by timing the audits and or provide false IDs. Other companies are now doing this false ID business.
It was the company's own choice to let these workers go, nobody made them do it, so why would they hire back illegals?

Old 06-12-2009, 12:01 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
"We killed ourselves on the assembly lines for years, many of us have injuries from repetitive motion," said Bohemia Agustiano, 38, a mother of four from Huntington Park.

There is no way an "immigrant" making $10 an hour can support four kids. I wonder how much welfare this "hardworking immigrant" is relying on to support her family. There is no reason why someone in her current situation should have more than 2 kids.
I'm with you. Happening all over the nation, especially in the meat packing industry. People should read "Fast Food Nation" and "Omnivore's Dilemma" to get all the details. It's amazing, most people have no idea....

In the larger picture, the National Chamber of Commerce (including their local CoC's) and most large business groups want the illegals here to keep down labor costs so they can make more money. Simple as that. The illegals put up with substandard wages, no benefits, no workmen's comp (for those injuries that woman spoke of), no retirement, no sick time, no family leave, no right to sue for any form of grievance, no safety net at all, NOTHING.

The companies that buy the output of those firms will plead that they had no knowledge of what was going on, but they do, they know exactly what's going on, that's why they "contract out" as much as they can to these shady operators who hire the illegals.

We have to get at our elected officials, demand action, and vote them out of office at the soonest chance if WE don't get our way on this.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:03 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,060 times
Quote:
They did not come for the sole purpose of giving birth, they did tourism too. They are acting within the confines of the law.
No matter how you want to spin it, they are abusing the law. Using the 14th Amendment for the sole purpose of making your child a US citizen is abuse, period.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:04 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,369 times
<<Hiding behind a law to discriminate against people Is not moral.>>

So, Kellem, your morals dictate which laws you should obey, and which you should ignore? I didn't realize the law was a 'pick and choose' game. It could equally be said you're hiding behind a cloak of morality to condone law breaking.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:05 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Now, you are ASSumig, again, that they came in they third trimester. Maybe the gynecologist they flew in came in the third trimester. You can stay in the U.S. For almost a year in a tourist visa, visiting different areas, legally. What would be the point in putting a baby in risk by flying so late in the pregnancy.

Also lawful is not the same as moral, I follow what I think it's right, that is moral for me. Hiding behind a law to discriminate against people Is not moral.
Now they are “flying in” gynecologists. Give me a break!

It is not discrimination to enforce our laws. Nor is it discrimination to expect illegal aliens to abide by the same laws as citizens. If you don’t like the laws in this country, you are certainly free to seek citizenship in a country more suitable to your high moral standards.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:05 PM

804 posts, read 1,359,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
It was the company's own choice to let these workers go, nobody made them do it, so why would they hire back illegals?
Because they can no longer plead that they did not know that those individuals were illegals. So they rehire them with different ssn or hire other illegals until the next letter comes in.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:11 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Because they can no longer plead that they did not know that those individuals were illegals. So they rehire them with different ssn or hire other illegals until the next letter comes in.
And you condone this fraud? This is your idea of moral dictates?

Old 06-12-2009, 12:23 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Now, you are ASSumig, again, that they came in they third trimester. Maybe the gynecologist they flew in came in the third trimester. You can stay in the U.S. For almost a year in a tourist visa, visiting different areas, legally. What would be the point in putting a baby in risk by flying so late in the pregnancy.

Also lawful is not the same as moral, I follow what I think it's right, that is moral for me. Hiding behind a law to discriminate against people Is not moral.
Are you willing to go to jail and face probable deportation for aiding/abetting said illegal alien criminals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration