U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-12-2009, 04:38 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

ongress soundly rejected an amnesty proposal in 2007. But the Majority Leader told his audience that immigration reform is going to happen by the end of this Congressional session, which ends in 2010, but added that he wants to get it accomplished this year if possible.

However, former Tancredo (R-Colorado) does not believe the Obama administration really wants to deal with the issue right now.

"It is my observation -- gut-level feeling really -- that they do not want to bring this up right away because the issue will revolve around something called jobs. Now how do you justify giving 20 million people who are here illegally legal access to the jobs either that they have or will take, at the same time that you're pushing ten percent unemployment?" he asks. "So I just don't think they want to have that fight right now, but they may be forced into it."

Tancredo says in the meantime the Democrats are attempting a balancing act by saying they want to get an amnesty passed immediately, but then never quite getting around to it.

Dems likely to ignore amnesty issue for now (OneNewsNow.com)

If they're smart the demoncrats will continue dancing with the ethnocentric devils beyond the 2012 elections. Obama is nothing more than another politician whose first loyalty is to himself. The demoncrats know that if they even fix their mouths to utter one syllable about amnesty or attempt to bring a bill to the floor, all of them will be joining the ranks of the unemployed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-12-2009, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Tancredo says in the meantime the Democrats are attempting a balancing act by saying they want to get an amnesty passed immediately, but then never quite getting around to it.
No surprise here. I've been saying this for months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2009, 05:58 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 1,397,857 times
Reputation: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
ongress soundly rejected an amnesty proposal in 2007. But the Majority Leader told his audience that immigration reform is going to happen by the end of this Congressional session, which ends in 2010, but added that he wants to get it accomplished this year if possible.

However, former Tancredo (R-Colorado) does not believe the Obama administration really wants to deal with the issue right now.

"It is my observation -- gut-level feeling really -- that they do not want to bring this up right away because the issue will revolve around something called jobs. Now how do you justify giving 20 million people who are here illegally legal access to the jobs either that they have or will take, at the same time that you're pushing ten percent unemployment?" he asks. "So I just don't think they want to have that fight right now, but they may be forced into it."

Tancredo says in the meantime the Democrats are attempting a balancing act by saying they want to get an amnesty passed immediately, but then never quite getting around to it.

Dems likely to ignore amnesty issue for now (OneNewsNow.com)

If they're smart the demoncrats will continue dancing with the ethnocentric devils beyond the 2012 elections. Obama is nothing more than another politician whose first loyalty is to himself. The demoncrats know that if they even fix their mouths to utter one syllable about amnesty or attempt to bring a bill to the floor, all of them will be joining the ranks of the unemployed.
Based on the apparent backing off of the push for amnesty by that bunch of new amnesty peddlers on the forum last month, you may be right. Let's not forget though that the Dems have clear majorities in both Houses of Congress enough to pass any amnesty bill they wanted with Maobama there to sign such an amnesty bill into law. Between now and 2010 would be the best time for the Dems to pass an amnesty bill if it became evident that the Dems would lose seats in both Houses of Congress and Maobama would probably be a one term Pres like Carter. Lets face it, massive unending borrowing and spending and massive unending deficits are starting to bother your blue dog Dems and the independents who voted for Maobama, if not the radical left wingers or the biased liberal left media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2009, 07:03 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Reputation: 620
Consider the source( Tancredo). LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2009, 12:04 AM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 1,397,857 times
Reputation: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Consider the source( Tancredo). LOL
Well, Tancredo is just as credible to conservatives as the Daily Kos weasels are to the far left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2009, 07:42 AM
 
Location: North Texas
23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
Reputation: 26663
I do not see a lot of support among Democrats for a blanket amnesty though. I do not know any Democrats in Texas who support it. Then again we are at ground zero for the illegal alien invasion!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2009, 07:45 AM
 
48,519 posts, read 81,030,761 times
Reputation: 17978
Most politicans saw the writng on the wall the last time they tried another amnesty vote in congress. They had more opposition from the pubic than any bill that year.People knew that the amnesty in the 80's failed and when the seurity of the border part was ignored people weren't going to fall for that again. Since then IMO ;there is even more oppostion. As McCain said;we got the message.he 80's bill only passed because people thpought that would stop illeagl immigration and illegals.Thatis why it contained secutiy of the borders and not just amnesty alone.Amnesty alone wouldn't have passed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2009, 07:52 AM
 
Location: North Texas
23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
Reputation: 26663
I cannot see an amnesty bill passing. There is also no urgency whatsoever in legalizing these people. No benefits to be gained by anybody but the illegals, whom we owe nothing. Amnesty, shamnesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2009, 07:56 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I cannot see an amnesty bill passing. There is also no urgency whatsoever in legalizing these people. No benefits to be gained by anybody but the illegals, whom we owe nothing. Amnesty, shamnesty.
You may be onto something there..............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2009, 08:02 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Politicians are not going to do anything to jeopardize their re-election. They know darn well they will be voted out of office if they attempt another amnesty. Thus, they will continue to stall, and continue to “vow” to resolve this problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top