U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 06:43 PM

235 posts, read 251,014 times

Advertisements

A big applause for these people.. if anyone finds their contact numbers we should all be thanking them..

LP: Bilbray and 51 Other Members of Congress Oppose Obama’s Postponement of E-Verify, Again

Washington, D.C. — Congressman Brian Bilbray, Chairman of the Immigration Reform Caucus in the U.S. House of Representatives, has recently sent President Barack Obama a letter, signed by 51 other members of Congress, regarding opposition to the Administration's postponement of the E-Verify program. In the letter, the members stated, "We oppose the Administration's decision to delay, for a third time, the requirement that federal contractors use E-Verify to confirm that new hires are eligible to work in the United States legally."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 06:54 PM

85 posts, read 120,972 times
One would think this is a "no brainer." You need to complete an I-9 in order to be legally employed, what's wrong with e-verify?

What is worrisome are these so-called stimulus package jobs will be hijacked by people who don't belong in the United States. Let's face it, the jobs will be mostly in construction and other labor-intensive areas. I voted for Obama, but am 100% opposed to any loosening of our laws in order to appeal to the broad masses.

Need I repeat how sick I am of these pandering politicians???

Old 06-13-2009, 06:57 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarissaM View Post
One would think this is a "no brainer." You need to complete an I-9 in order to be legally employed, what's wrong with e-verify?

What is worrisome are these so-called stimulus package jobs will be hijacked by people who don't belong in the United States. Let's face it, the jobs will be mostly in construction and other labor-intensive areas. I voted for Obama, but am 100% opposed to any loosening of our laws in order to appeal to the broad masses.

I too voted for Obama------------and Sheriff Joe (I live in Maricopa County, Az).

Old 06-13-2009, 07:04 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,581,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I too voted for Obama------------and Sheriff Joe (I live in Maricopa County, Az).
I did as well, but only because I liked his foreign policy.

Other than that, Obama is, along with his wife, an attention-obsessed and cocky newbie who's probably trying to wait for the recession to end before putting forth another amnesty bill.

He seems no better than Kennedy, Reid, Pelosi and Bush when it comes to fixing the illegal immigration problem.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:24 PM

23,000 posts, read 31,949,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
I did as well, but only because I liked his foreign policy.

Other than that, Obama is, along with his wife, an attention-obsessed and cocky newbie who's probably trying to wait for the recession to end before putting forth another amnesty bill.

He seems no better than Kennedy, Reid, Pelosi and Bush when it comes to fixing the illegal immigration problem.
"Fixing" the illegal immigration problem? More like intensifying the illegal immigration problem.

I was an African-American who didnt vote for Obama. I voted for Bob Barr. I think he was the only presidential candidate who took border security and illegal immigration seriously.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:26 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
The only "fix" we'll see to immigration problems is an amnesty bill.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:35 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
How does rewarding criminal behavior fix the problem? We have gone down that road and it has only made it worse.
No. Crack down on all employers of illegals, land lords and anyone who aids them.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:35 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Not in this depression---------------precedent for mass deportations was set back in the 1930's.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:42 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,581,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Not in this depression---------------precedent for mass deportations was set back in the 1930's.
I don't know about depression. The economy is beginning to improve slightly but it'll likely be months before the recession ends.

Once the recession ends, Obama will likely pounce on the opportunity to demand that we need an amnesty bill to help our recovering economy. If so, I'd honestly like to see how he'll be justify such a thing when considering the trillions spent on bail-outs, the billions spent in Iraq and Afghanistan and the ever-growing national debt.

Old 06-14-2009, 05:21 AM

235 posts, read 251,014 times
Default thats

thats the problem.. employers just aren't doing it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarissaM View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration