U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2009, 01:07 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,583,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The first bill, A4055, penalizes those who employ illegal immigrants and requires employers to use the federal "E-verify" system to check employment eligibility. It calls for a graduated penalty system and wages fines of $20,000 for a first-time offense, $30,000 for a second offense and $40,000 for a third.

The bill also calls for a three-year probation period, during which companies that have been caught employing illegal immigrants are subject to monitoring. The bill was referred to the Assembly Labor Committee.
Quote:
Bill A4056 requires the private seller of a used vehicle to request identification from the buyer. Anyone found selling a vehicle to an illegal immigrant would be subject to a maximum fine of $500 and up to 60 days in jail. The bill was referred to the Assembly Consumer Affairs Committee.
Quote:
Bill A4086 goes after employers who knowingly allow unlicensed, illegal immigrants to drive company vehicles. There would be a $10,000 fine for the first offense and a $20,000 fine for subsequent violations.
Quote:
The last bill in the package introduced this month, A4057, establishes penalties for motorists who are driving without a valid license.
PhillyBurbs.com: *NJ bills target illegal immigrants (http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news_details/article/678/2009/june/15/nj-bills-target-illegal-immigrants.html - broken link)

Hooray for NJ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 01:13 PM

32,823 posts, read 30,083,197 times
As an avid cyclist the thought of that many Illegal Aliens driving without a license frightens the beejeebers out of me Since most are unlicensed by default this is really good news as I ride each summer in Joisey.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:34 PM

60,442 posts, read 30,688,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
As an avid cyclist the thought of that many Illegal Aliens driving without a license frightens the beejeebers out of me Since most are unlicensed by default this is really good news as I ride each summer in Joisey.

Ever try to drive down in Mexico? Talk about a horn honking cluster F%$*
It is hard enough walking and not getting run over.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:56 AM

291 posts, read 353,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ever try to drive down in Mexico? Talk about a horn honking cluster F%$*
It is hard enough walking and not getting run over.
LOL! yeah 20 years ago some friends talked me into visiting mexico,
once across the border we saw a cab go off a freeway overpass!
I asked our cab driver if he would call for help he said no problem accidents all the time. we could'nt believe any of it.

I mainly drive an old beat up jeep , so that if something happens no
problem. LOL.. one of them hit my bmw a few years back and that was
it for me. needless to say they were never to be found for damages and my insurance went up even with no falt bs. walking is out of the question
anywhere theres main streets. venturing out on the streets of los angeles
is a real test of ones ability to remain safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or