Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 12:10 AM

380 posts, read 709,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Blah blah blah. Illegals are great, Americans are bad. If Americans would just live 20 to a house, hand wash their clothes and hang them all in the front yard, have their own chickens and goats in the backyard, then they could afford to work for the peasant wages the illegals do.

Around here the neighborhoods occupied by illegals are the most ghetto neighborhoods around. If they're so great and fix up neighborhoods, you can take them all out of CA. Or, maybe you can talk these people, who according to you are all "hardworking and pleasant", to going back to their country of origin and fixing up the neighborhoods THERE.
I DID NOT say Americans were bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 12:45 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,043,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The vast majority if illegal aliens are indeed from Mexico/Central America.

The per capita income of Mexico is over $14K a year. Why in the hell should we subsidize the (mostly) White elite there? Let them cough up the $$$ to help their downtrodden Indians/Mestizos.

Face it: there are still enclaves here in the USA where the per capita income is is under $10K a year----------Indian Reservations come to mind. WE certainly do not go to Mexico with our had out demanding money.

Again: Mexico needs to grow up.
And what does this have to do with Minutemen?

Old 06-24-2009, 07:06 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contachster View Post
Mexicans would not come here if there was not a demand. I'll bet you if unskilled American workers went en masse to apply for jobs that illegals have & were willing to do it for the same pay the illegal immigration problem would be reduced drastically. Did you ever take the time to get to know any immigrant Mexican families. They are some of the most hard working pleasant people to have as neighbors. Here in New Jersey they have revitalized many blighted neighborhoods. 15 years ago there was a drug infested forgotten neighborhood in New Brunswick, NJ, in less than 5 years immigrant Mexicans completely turned the neighborhood around to a low crime pleasant place. The same thing has happened in downtown Plainfield NJ. In Plainfield it happened in less than 5. I wish I had some before and after pictures. Immigrant Mexican families are starting to move to the suburban ares in NJ. I see them buy a run down home and fix it up in less than a few months. Many of them here are trying to learn English and assimilate. A couple has just purchased a boarded up foreclosed property up the block from me here in Newark. The wife is Mexican and the husband is Dominican. They are both undocumented immigrants and I could not be more happy. Myself and 4 others in the neighborhood helped them move in and are going to lend a hand with home repairs. I dont know first hand how it is on the west coast but Mexican immigration has had a positive effect in more ways than one in NJ. I really dont care how they got here.
Irrelevant.

We as a nation do not need those illegal alien criminals period.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
I never understood the part about being able to buy American soil, if you were not American??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration