U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 08:53 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,581,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
MADISON — Advocates are making a final push to convince Wisconsin lawmakers to create a new driver’s card for illegal immigrants.

Groups representing law enforcement officials, dairy farmers and immigrants held a press conference Monday to push for the cards they say will improve the safety of Wisconsin roads.

Lawmakers are considering whether to create the cards in the state budget. The Assembly agreed to the plan but the Senate has rejected it.

Sen. Tim Carpenter of Milwaukee says 90 percent of constituents who have contacted his office are against giving illegal immigrants driving privileges.

Supporters of the plan were to meet with Carpenter on Monday before rallying outside the Capitol.
Groups lobby for Wisconsin driver's card for immigrants | Postcrescent.com | Appleton Post-Crescent

Hmm, why would so many politicians be opposed to the issuance of driver's licenses for foreign criminals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 09:54 PM

365 posts, read 898,044 times
there is nothing wrong with immigration but do it legally please.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:51 AM

60,048 posts, read 30,586,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Groups lobby for Wisconsin driver's card for immigrants | Postcrescent.com | Appleton Post-Crescent

90 percent of constituents who have contacted his office are against giving illegal immigrants driving privileges.

That says a lot, right there!

Who here, is constantly contacting their elected officials over this?

Old 08-03-2009, 11:32 PM

365 posts, read 898,044 times
I don't call my reps as often as I should, but I DO call them. We can and should let them know our thoughts on the issues.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:19 AM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
First off, would they test them to see if they can drive? Or just issue a piece of plastic and tell them to have at it?

Old 08-04-2009, 01:09 PM

1,150 posts, read 990,683 times
I don't see how there can be any question about this. They shouldn't even be in this country, so why would anyone think it's ok to give them driving priveleges?

Old 08-05-2009, 04:41 PM

6,571 posts, read 17,944,907 times
Hmmmm...drivers license for illegals in the states.

I'm assuming the reference it towards Mexican people.

How many of them possess a Mexican drivers license?...most likely very few from my experience living in Mexico.

As an American try getting a drivers license in Mexico without a valid license to show your ability to drive...papers to prove legal residency needed...written test to be taken...picture ID etc etc.

A friend of mine here went thru the procedure to get one...don't know why...he cannot speak any Spanish...had his Calif car licensed to Mexican plates...don't understand his reasoning. Any cop seeing his car will think he is a mexican via the plates. The guy almost shows his mexican drivers license with a US passport at the border while crossing. I had to admonish him saying "your American...do not show anything that pertains to living in Mexico" so he buried the license under other cards. An Americasn citizen only needs to show who/what they are.

There are many things not allowed or available in Mexico thus when they cross into the US legal or illegal they expect the most the US has ...generally for free.

Steve

Old 05-05-2010, 01:00 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,256 times
Giving illegal aliens licenses will perpetuate the premise they are here legally, this is the reasoning behind storming States who have previously allowed such a practice. Anti-illegal immigration laws are sweeping the country so showing a drivers license will end any further investigation as to their legality. A license is also a valid identification used to vote. NO state should issue a license to any illegal alien. This country needs to stand up and disengage from these underhanded practices to save it from any illegal alien influence.

Old 03-13-2017, 06:31 PM

2,960 posts, read 876,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Giving illegal aliens licenses will perpetuate the premise they are here legally, this is the reasoning behind storming States who have previously allowed such a practice. Anti-illegal immigration laws are sweeping the country so showing a drivers license will end any further investigation as to their legality. A license is also a valid identification used to vote. NO state should issue a license to any illegal alien. This country needs to stand up and disengage from these underhanded practices to save it from any illegal alien influence.
California does this exact thing. They allow illegal aliens to acquire a drivers license. You are also automatically registered to vote when you sign up for a drivers license. I wish the Fed would investigate this practice.

Old 03-14-2017, 12:10 PM

9,778 posts, read 7,102,126 times
It is interesting that the politicians are saying no. maybe now that Trump is the Prez they are starting to come around that they should be following the laws when it comes to illegal immigration.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or