U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-27-2009, 07:28 PM
 
7 posts, read 14,504 times
Reputation: 16

Advertisements

well?

we need to punish people who hire illegal people, implement more border security, and end all benefits for illegal people.

how would you stop it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-27-2009, 09:16 PM
 
Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,583,449 times
Reputation: 267
1. Penalize all employers who employ illegal aliens.
2. Require the use of E-Verify for all businesses
3. Increase border security by increasing the amount of Border Patrol agents, deploying National Guardsmen along the border, constructing double-layered fencing along certain areas, constructing cameras along the border, etc.
4. Deny all government-funded benefits and programs to all illegal aliens
5. End birthright citizenship
6. Require that all state prisons check the legal status of every person arrested and deport every illegal alien criminal detained
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2009, 09:35 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
60,446 posts, read 30,701,915 times
Reputation: 12880
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
1. Penalize all employers who employ illegal aliens.
2. Require the use of E-Verify for all businesses
3. Increase border security by increasing the amount of Border Patrol agents, deploying National Guardsmen along the border, constructing double-layered fencing along certain areas, constructing cameras along the border, etc.
4. Deny all government-funded benefits and programs to all illegal aliens
5. End birthright citizenship
6. Require that all state prisons check the legal status of every person arrested and deport every illegal alien criminal detained


That pretty much sums it up for me, too. But I would emphasize Heavy penalties with mandatory jail time for those that even employ or work one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2009, 10:22 PM
 
Location: California
706 posts, read 796,802 times
Reputation: 179
How about we all quit playing " keyboard commandos" and get involved in our communites?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2009, 10:26 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,624,231 times
Reputation: 2983
I'd pass a law against it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2009, 10:46 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 1,398,817 times
Reputation: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
1. Penalize all employers who employ illegal aliens.
2. Require the use of E-Verify for all businesses
3. Increase border security by increasing the amount of Border Patrol agents, deploying National Guardsmen along the border, constructing double-layered fencing along certain areas, constructing cameras along the border, etc.
4. Deny all government-funded benefits and programs to all illegal aliens
5. End birthright citizenship
6. Require that all state prisons check the legal status of every person arrested and deport every illegal alien criminal detained
Good list. However, it doesn't address the reason why this list won't happen. The ruling elites from their gated communities won't let the list happen. As long as the ruling elites are allowed to buy politicians with impunity how will anything ever change. Letting the sheeple who don't already know this know what's really going on could be a real start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2009, 08:37 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,646,709 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
How about we all quit playing " keyboard commandos" and get involved in our communites?
Sometimes; playing 'keyboard commando' can influence many fence sitters on these boards who then talk with their friends.

Speaking for just myself: ever since those illegal 'immigrants' rights' marches back in 2006---------I have turned against illegal aliens big time. And I am not afraid to tell people to their faces that illegals are criminals and those who hire them are traitors----------assuming it comes up in a conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2009, 02:18 PM
 
380 posts, read 612,611 times
Reputation: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
1. Penalize all employers who employ illegal aliens.
2. Require the use of E-Verify for all businesses
3. Increase border security by increasing the amount of Border Patrol agents, deploying National Guardsmen along the border, constructing double-layered fencing along certain areas, constructing cameras along the border, etc.
4. Deny all government-funded benefits and programs to all illegal aliens
5. End birthright citizenship
6. Require that all state prisons check the legal status of every person arrested and deport every illegal alien criminal detained
This will never happen. Let me explain why point by point:
1. Will never happen because the US government condones illegal immigration
2. See #1
3. See #1
4. See #1
5. See #1
6. See #1
ANYONE WHO THINKS THAT THE US GOVERNMENT CANT NOT STOP 99% OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IF THEY WANT TO IS NAIVE. The US allows people to flood across it's southern border because it needs scores of unskilled workers to do menial jobs in sectors of large industry that for some reason Americans are not applying for. It needs cheap labor in semi-skilled proffessions such as housing construction that if unionized Americans did en masse a house would cost 10 times as much to build. The government continues to trick public into thinking it wants to rid country of illegals by it's joke of a border patrol.The ICE Dept. periodically raids factories and deports illegals here and there but this isn't even a drop in the bucket but it looks good on the 5 o'clock news. The US government will continue to allow illegal immigration and within 10 years there will be amnesty.

Last edited by contachster; 06-28-2009 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: g
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2009, 03:09 PM
 
Location: Missouri
3,640 posts, read 4,311,977 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by contachster View Post
This will never happen. Let me explain why point by point:
1. Will never happen because the US government condones illegal immigration
2. See #1
3. See #1
4. See #1
5. See #1
6. See #1
ANYONE WHO THINKS THAT THE US GOVERNMENT CANT NOT STOP 99% OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IF THEY WANT TO IS NAIVE. The US allows people to flood across it's southern border because it needs scores of unskilled workers to do menial jobs in sectors of large industry that for some reason Americans are not applying for. It needs cheap labor in semi-skilled proffessions such as housing construction that if unionized Americans did en masse a house would cost 10 times as much to build. The government continues to trick public into thinking it wants to rid country of illegals by it's joke of a border patrol.The ICE Dept. periodically raids factories and deports illegals here and there but this isn't even a drop in the bucket but it looks good on the 5 o'clock news. The US government will continue to allow illegal immigration and within 10 years there will be amnesty.
I have to agree with you there. The government could close the borders and stop illegal immigration if they wanted to. They don't have the balls to do it though. Again, greed gets in the way, not to mention the fact that the One World Government would not allow such things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2009, 03:22 PM
 
254 posts, read 417,244 times
Reputation: 229
Issue an ultimatum to Mexico demanding that they stem the flow of their citizens entering our country illegally. If they fail to do so, make them pay for the services they use (plus extra) through any means necessary. Including taking land away from the Mexicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top