Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you perform CPR on an illegal alien?
yes 57 85.07%
no 10 14.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 03:02 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,664,460 times

Advertisements

ignorant thread?

or ignorants posts?

yall be the judge.

exhibit A:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig121 View Post
I would want paying, in cash, to save an illlegals life.

$50,000 should do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 03:19 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,737,988 times
To tell the truth i would be reluctant to perform CPR on anyone. With the way america is today, if i performed CPR and the victim croaked anyway i would likely have a lawsuit coming my way. I dont need La Raza coming after me as well.

Would i do CPR on the illegal? Probably but I would look for a lawyer after the act.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:33 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The purpose of the thread was not to determine if anti-illegals would try to save the life of an illegal alien. The OP was hoping to receive a majority of “NO” responses, and then would accuse us of being racists, because a true racist would not touch a person from the hated group, even under life-threatening circumstances.

Sorry to disappoint you, but most anti-illegals are not heartless bigots. As others have stated, we simply want them to leave. This is, by far, one of the most asinine threads I’ve seen.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:43 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,279,586 times
No, never, not at all!

I don't know CPR, so for me to administer it to anyone, would be dangerous. if I did know CPR, I'd have voted yes.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:46 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one
or ignorants posts?
A few of them, very much so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
ignorant thread?
DEFINITELY.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:52 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
If anyone performed CPR on an illegal alien, and it was later determined that the illegal alien was perfectly healthy, and did not need CPR, that person could potentially face a lawsuit. It could be considered assault...or worse.

Before ANYONE performs CPR, it is imperative to establish that it is actually needed. Imagine how YOU would feel, if a foreigner threw YOU to the ground, locked lips with YOU, and began blowing into YOUR mouth, uninvited. The legal consequences could be very serious, to say the least.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:12 PM

706 posts, read 939,999 times
excellent point.....

Old 07-01-2009, 04:32 PM

804 posts, read 1,360,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
If anyone performed CPR on an illegal alien, and it was later determined that the illegal alien was perfectly healthy, and did not need CPR, that person could potentially face a lawsuit. It could be considered assault...or worse.

Before ANYONE performs CPR, it is imperative to establish that it is actually needed. Imagine how YOU would feel, if a foreigner threw YOU to the ground, locked lips with YOU, and began blowing into YOUR mouth, uninvited. The legal consequences could be very serious, to say the least.
There are steps before someone throws you to the ground, locks lips, and begins blowing into your lips.

There is generally at least an attempt to see if the subject is responsive, a pulse check, a breath check, and instructions to someone else (if available) to call for help, before doing what you described.

I would think that if the IA is perfectly healthy, you stop at least after checking that he has a pulse or that he is breathing.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:01 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
There are steps before someone throws you to the ground, locks lips, and begins blowing into your lips.

There is generally at least an attempt to see if the subject is responsive, a pulse check, a breath check, and instructions to someone else (if available) to call for help, before doing what you described.

I would think that if the IA is perfectly healthy, you stop at least after checking that he has a pulse or that he is breathing.
I usually take the safe route, and ask verbally, "usted necesita....o, usted quiere....el sipiar?" It doesn't always work, but I feel safer that way, at least. Of course, if you're going to help an illegal, it's also wise to establish the fact of his/ her illegality beforehand....otherwise, you MIGHT end up helping an American citizen by mistake....

Life can get complicated.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:11 PM

974 posts, read 1,587,301 times
I am with Benicar on this. And as Mac stated. I am not going to search someone's wallet to find out legal status before doing what I can to stabilize them for transport to the hospital. Also just checking breathing/pulse will not tell you they need CPR. You need to also sweep the mouth to make sure there are no obstructions. If they have a normal pulse and are breathing with no obstructions, check their color. If it is pale, raise their feet. If their face is red, raise their head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration