U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-02-2009, 09:03 PM
 
Location: San Francisco, CA
85 posts, read 120,972 times
Reputation: 55

Advertisements

It occurred to me upon hearing the latest unemployment figures today, that there are less unemployed persons than there are illegal aliens in the United States. And we know what an impact that many unemployed citizens makes on the country's failing economy. The headlines are constantly touting the "highest on record" unemployment numbers (almost 12% in California).

Wonder if any of our leaders consider what a negative impact illegal aliens are making on the economy? I've heard it poo-poo'ed by government officials that "undocumented workers" are a drop in the bucket. I wonder.

Last edited by ClarissaM; 07-02-2009 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: none
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-02-2009, 09:17 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Reputation: 17687
12-20 million vs 14 million, sounds like a straight up swap to me but I am sure an Illegal Alien apologist/crusader will be along to tell us that the unemployed
American deserves it because they are lazy or that the lazy American won't stoop to such levels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2009, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
804 posts, read 1,174,483 times
Reputation: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
12-20 million vs 14 million, sounds like a straight up swap to me but I am sure an Illegal Alien apologist/crusader will be along to tell us that the unemployed
American deserves it because they are lazy or that the lazy American won't stoop to such levels.
Exactly, since there is no multiplier effect from removing 12-20 Million people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2009, 09:24 PM
 
Location: California
706 posts, read 795,924 times
Reputation: 179
As long as we swap the 12-20 million back to their country of origin.

If the Independence Day tea parties have a sizable turnout, Im sure the gasbags in D.C. will get an earfull.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2009, 09:24 PM
 
Location: SARASOTA, FLORIDA
11,501 posts, read 13,030,375 times
Reputation: 4874
Kinda like Obama counting the illegals in his big lie about millions of people going without healthcare.

But he is not telling you all that he is counting all the illegals in his number on un-insured.

The only way to fix it all is deport every single one of them, close the border and start all over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2009, 09:26 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Exactly, since there is no multiplier effect from removing 12-20 Million people.
Maybe it is time to find out via forced mass deportations. If it means 'breaking up families'..............oh well. The USA citizen significant other should have thought about the consequences of sexually touching an illegal alien criminal in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2009, 12:22 PM
 
27 posts, read 34,105 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarissaM View Post
It occurred to me upon hearing the latest unemployment figures today, that there are less unemployed persons than there are illegal aliens in the United States. And we know what an impact that many unemployed citizens makes on the country's failing economy. The headlines are constantly touting the "highest on record" unemployment numbers (almost 12% in California).

Wonder if any of our leaders consider what a negative impact illegal aliens are making on the economy? I've heard it poo-poo'ed by government officials that "undocumented workers" are a drop in the bucket. I wonder.
well the number just went up as i just became unemployed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2009, 04:28 PM
 
Location: The Wine Country, CA
807 posts, read 1,116,578 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by tannerdick View Post
well the number just went up as i just became unemployed
Sorry to hear that.. Good luck to you on your job search..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2009, 04:47 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Sorry to hear that.. Good luck to you on your job search..
My best friend just got laid off: he was a DJ at a small radio station in Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2009, 05:56 PM
 
Location: San Francisco, CA
85 posts, read 120,972 times
Reputation: 55
I was laid off, too, last year, and have been contracting since, although now it's only part-time. It's tough out there.

What gets me is that I've paid taxes in this state for over 30 years, yet I've never gotten any health care or hand outs from the government. I did receive UI benefits for six weeks, but that's it. UI is paid for by the employers. My taxes help pay for illegal aliens' benefits, though. California's budget consists of health, prisons and schools, none of which I use. It's a sad day when people who don't belong here are supported by the legal residents, but get no benefits themselves.

Last edited by ClarissaM; 07-03-2009 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: no reason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top