U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 03:17 AM
Yac

5,923 posts, read 6,513,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Shouldn't the illegal immigration forum also be open to non-US illegal immigration news and issues?
It is.
Yac.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:26 AM

21,148 posts, read 37,394,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contachster View Post
JUST CURIOUS.............

Why are you and many others so sensitve about illegal immigration? OK, I can understand why you get passionate about the issue here in the US, but why so passionate about it in other countries also? Illegal immigrants in any country are breaking a law, ok, millions of people break serious laws around the world every day, i.e.: raping and murdering children, arson, kidnapping, assaults.... Are you on other forums advocating the aprehension and eventual prosecution of these felons? Not that you have to be, but I'm just curious as to what it is specifically about illegal immigration that concerns and bothers you so much that it even causes you to get peeved about it in Italy. Do Italian child molesters get under your skin as much as illegal immigrants in that country? Why do you care one way or another what the Italian government does or does not do about illegal immigrants in that country? Do you own a business in Italy or have investments there that concern you? Or is it that you think the US government is so stupid that it needs to look to Italy for help with the issue? Again, just curious.....
Simple.

The USA is a sovereign nation and we have the right to secure our borders------------and, every other nation has that same right.

Needless to say: I do not believe in that open border nonsense unless all parties involved are in agreement i.e. the Schengen Agreement. Otherwise, the First World societies would be overrun by Third Worlders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 09:19 AM

380 posts, read 626,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Simple.

The USA is a sovereign nation and we have the right to secure our borders------------and, every other nation has that same right.

Needless to say: I do not believe in that open border nonsense unless all parties involved are in agreement i.e. the Schengen Agreement. Otherwise, the First World societies would be overrun by Third Worlders.
Thank you for answering my question sir. Now pay attention Andreabeth. Mr. Arizonabear answered my question and we will continue to have a back and forth exchange on the issue without insulting each other. Since my short time posting on these threads we have had exchanges and I know he does not agree with my views and opinions but that is what makes a debate interesting. There have been many threads where you, Andreabeth, just say ridiculous things that do not contribute to an exciting debate. It seems that you would like posters of my ilk to go away. Then who or what would you debate? Having peolpe with opposing views on threads like this is what keeps this thread interesting and active. Just a word of advice: calm down, stop being so hostile and holier-than-thou and people with opposing views will take you much more seriously instead of writing you off as a frothing at the mouth lunatic. If you would like to get people to listen to your views and perhaps "see the light" and come over to your side give facts, back them up instead of spewing hostile nonsense. Then again if you really don't care just ignore everything I have said.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:00 AM

21,148 posts, read 37,394,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
It is.
Yac.
Thank you for that 'stamp of approval'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or