Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 06:30 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,843,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Italy’s Senate voted 157-124 Thursday to pass a controversial law making illegal immigration a crime, punishable by a fine of between 5,000 and 10,000 euros.
JURIST - Paper Chase: Italy senate passes law criminalizing illegal immigration

Way go, Italy!

Now, if only the US Senate had the bаlls to tackle the issue and do something similar...

Quote:
The Catholic church opposes (http://www.ansa.it/site/notizie/awnplus/english/news/2009-07-02_102359104.html - broken link) the law, which the church believes punishes the basic human right of migration. Human Rights Watch has also opposed the measure.
Surprise, surprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 01:08 AM

291 posts, read 412,366 times
What we need to do here is take all property and deport. I have already heard that since they drive without insurance the cops a seizing cars. bye bye no jobs no welfair no place to live,

Old 07-06-2009, 04:20 AM

549 posts, read 1,660,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
JURIST - Paper Chase: Italy senate passes law criminalizing illegal immigration

Way go, Italy!

Now, if only the US Senate had the bаlls to tackle the issue and do something similar...

Surprise, surprise.

So you know, there are tons of illegal U.S. citizens living in Europe...

That`s bad news for any non-Euro citizen.

We should do the same in U.S. We should punish the illegals and their greedy employers ($15,000 each).

Old 07-06-2009, 08:13 AM

21,144 posts, read 41,985,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
So you know, there are tons of illegal U.S. citizens living in Europe...

That`s bad news for any non-Euro citizen.

We should do the same in U.S. We should punish the illegals and their greedy employers ($15,000 each).
Needless to say: the Euros need to pitch said illegal alien criminals out----------be they American, Mexican, Nigerian, etc.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:54 PM

44 posts, read 76,802 times
Even if they must fear for their life (war, persecution, hunger - the money in wealthy countries can be sent to their families) in the country they´re coming from?

I´m not against a controlled deportation. But to set them in the next plane or ship is inhuman, but this is the reality not only in the european mediterranian states ...

Old 07-06-2009, 08:13 PM

807 posts, read 1,297,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Needless to say: the Euros need to pitch said illegal alien criminals out----------be they American, Mexican, Nigerian, etc.
Agreed.. Illegal is Illegal..

Old 07-06-2009, 11:16 PM

380 posts, read 707,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
JUST CURIOUS.............

Why are you and many others so sensitve about illegal immigration? OK, I can understand why you get passionate about the issue here in the US, but why so passionate about it in other countries also? Illegal immigrants in any country are breaking a law, ok, millions of people break serious laws around the world every day, i.e.: raping and murdering children, arson, kidnapping, assaults.... Are you on other forums advocating the aprehension and eventual prosecution of these felons? Not that you have to be, but I'm just curious as to what it is specifically about illegal immigration that concerns and bothers you so much that it even causes you to get peeved about it in Italy. Do Italian child molesters get under your skin as much as illegal immigrants in that country? Why do you care one way or another what the Italian government does or does not do about illegal immigrants in that country? Do you own a business in Italy or have investments there that concern you? Or is it that you think the US government is so stupid that it needs to look to Italy for help with the issue? Again, just curious.....

Old 07-06-2009, 11:29 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,843,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contachster View Post

Why are you and many others so sensitve about illegal immigration? OK, I can understand why you get passionate about the issue here in the US, but why so passionate about it in other countries also? Illegal immigrants in any country are breaking a law, ok, millions of people break serious laws around the world every day, i.e.: raping and murdering children, arson, kidnapping, assaults.... Are you on other forums advocating the aprehension and eventual prosecution of these felons? Not that you have to be, but I'm just curious as to what it is specifically about illegal immigration that concerns and bothers you so much that it even causes you to get peeved about it in Italy. Do Italian child molesters get under your skin as much as illegal immigrants in that country? Why do you care one way or another what the Italian government does or does not do about illegal immigrants in that country? Do you own a business in Italy or have investments there that concern you? Or is it that you think the US government is so stupid that it needs to look to Italy for help with the issue? Again, just curious.....
Shouldn't the illegal immigration forum also be open to non-US illegal immigration news and issues?

Old 07-07-2009, 12:10 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,455,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contachster View Post

We should not have to tolerate this nonsense. Neither should the fine citizens of Italy.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:33 AM

380 posts, read 707,016 times
I never said that it should not be open to non-US immigration issues, I just asked the poster a question about his apparent interest in worldwide illegal immigration as opposed to other crimes. I did not criticize his post or call it any names. Instead of of just blurting out like a juvenile "we should not have to deal with blah blah blah...." why can't you have an intelligent debate with free and respectful exchanges of opinions, even if you think those opinions are ridiculous? And who is this we? Do you speak for others in this forum and if so who are these people you speak for? I asked Arizona Bear the question and not you, or is he one of the posters that you speak on behalf of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration