Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 07:11 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,843,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Agents spotted the group – a 36-year-old woman, her 12-year-old daughter and a 23-year-old companion – on the side of Interstate 8 in an area called Walker Canyon about 4:45 p.m. Monday.

The three, all Mexicans who illegally crossed the border, were crying and suffering from apparent heat exhaustion, agents said.
Quote:
The mother told agents they crossed the border with a group but were left behind in the desert. The woman said the three had wandered alone for two days and eventually ran out of water before reaching the freeway.
Women, girl rescued by Border Patrol agents

So much for group compassion.

Anyway, hooray for the possible amnesty that'll be granted to those who got away and successfully evade the authorities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 09:57 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,508,267 times
Hats off to these agents, who rightfully put human compassion above the 'letter of the law'. Let's hope in the future these illegal crossings are reduced, and such near-tragedies become increasingly rare. Let's tighten up the border, and stop the unauthorized 'crossers', before people can get themselves into such a dire situation.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:21 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,908,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post

Anyway, hooray for the possible amnesty that'll be granted to those who got away and successfully evade the authorities.
Ya know, the idiots know that the desert is HOT. I really feel good that they were saved and can now be deported back to their home country, Mexico. But, when it comes down to it, I feel no real pity for the idiots who knowingly take the chances of crossing the desert. They are not so stupid to not know the dangers. I look at many of them as nothing more than critter food. I used to feel sorry for all of them but not anymore at all.

BTW, being glad that illegals made it into our country shows your lack of caring for your own country.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:24 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,932,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
BTW, being glad that illegals made it into our country shows your lack of caring for your own country.
I agree...if you really feel this way you don't belong in America....get out as you are part of the problem.

And yes I am glad border patrol found them since they were near death or whatever and now they can be deported back to Mexico. Unfortunately it costs the US taxpayers millions to do this and those illegals who failed will come back and be successful crossing one day.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:53 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,681,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post

What kind of person would leave a mother and child in that desert? What kind of people are we importing? Souless beings I would suggest. I am glad they were rescued.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:58 AM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,843,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
I was being sarcastic.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:14 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,431,937 times
It's child abuse for a mother to risk a child's life just out of greed for easy dollars.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:22 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,622,952 times
capitalists.

they do it for the money. its cargo. expendable cargo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
What kind of person would leave a mother and child in that desert? What kind of people are we importing? Souless beings I would suggest. I am glad they were rescued.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:23 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,622,952 times
i agree with the part about salvation.

its good to save them.

they can now go back and tell people how hard it is. and how dangerous it becomes trying to cross the desert.

they may even deter people form trying to cross...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Ya know, the idiots know that the desert is HOT. I really feel good that they were saved and can now be deported back to their home country, Mexico. But, when it comes down to it, I feel no real pity for the idiots who knowingly take the chances of crossing the desert. They are not so stupid to not know the dangers. I look at many of them as nothing more than critter food. I used to feel sorry for all of them but not anymore at all.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:45 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,908,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i agree with the part about salvation.

its good to save them.

they can now go back and tell people how hard it is. and how dangerous it becomes trying to cross the desert.

they may even deter people form trying to cross...
It won't of course because all they can see are the freebies they can steal from our country. Then we have the problems of people who love them. What would you do if we had no more illegals to love?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration