Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 06:21 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,406,138 times

Advertisements

ksl.com - Latino leader says new immigration law led to racial-profiling incident

Quote:
SALT LAKE CITY -- Leaders of the Latino community held an emergency meeting Thursday. Many immigrants are afraid of what the new law, formerly Senate Bill 81, means for law enforcement and them during a routine traffic stop.

Now Hispanic community leader Tony Yapias says Utah has it's first case of racial profiling thanks to enforcement of the new law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2009, 08:48 AM

8 posts, read 8,982 times
I was arrested because I look illegal and forgot my wallet at home. spend 8 hours in jail until my family brought my passport to show that I was born in the USA. I wonder if I look white this would have ever happen to me?

Old 07-04-2009, 08:49 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,913,803 times
GOOD!!! They should use racial profiling. The majority of the illegals in this country are from south of the border and every damn brown person who can't speak English should be checked out. I would not have to worry since I speak English just fine.

Old 07-04-2009, 09:01 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,025,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
GOOD!!! They should use racial profiling. The majority of the illegals in this country are from south of the border and every damn brown person who can't speak English should be checked out. I would not have to worry since I speak English just fine.
Hell: I would 'profile' every White person who does not speak English as well

Old 07-04-2009, 09:28 AM

50,083 posts, read 46,663,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidel Castro View Post
I was arrested because I look illegal and forgot my wallet at home. spend 8 hours in jail until my family brought my passport to show that I was born in the USA. I wonder if I look white this would have ever happen to me?
Arrested for what? That is kind of important.

Were you standing outside a Home Depot flagging down people with pickups?

Old 07-04-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidel Castro View Post
Funny: my stepsister is 'Mexican brown' in appearance yet never seems to be bothered by the police.

She is an Anglo of Irish/Italian lineage.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:52 AM

256 posts, read 478,040 times
It doesn't matter what their "leaders" say. If they don't like our laws, they can go back to the third world cesspool they came from.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:43 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,175,151 times
<<I was arrested because I look illegal>>

How do you look illegal? Just curious.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:48 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,633,008 times
proof this thread will go nowhere.

profiling is a hassle.

been a victim of it. its a hassle. its degrading. feels like a police state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post

Old 07-04-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
proof this thread will go nowhere.

profiling is a hassle.

been a victim of it. its a hassle. its degrading. feels like a police state.

I have been Profiled as well.

Annoying but; if I were a cop, I would have done that same thing had the roles been reversed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration