Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 09:59 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,051,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by contachster View Post
He was three years old when his parents crossed the border with him in tow. He did not become aware of the particulars of the situation until 23 years old.
So a three year old has no excuse for his ignorance of the law. Whew.... let me let that sink in for a moment.
So according to your logic (that a three year olds ignorance is no excuse for breaking a law) if a three year old was in a car with his father and his father robbed a bank can the three year old then be prosecuted as an accesory to bank robbery? Or to be more true to the actual story: if the three year old became aware of the situation when he was 23 should he then turn himself in? Or if someone found out what happened should they call the police and turn in the three year "criminal" , who now happens to be 23 ? After all isn't it your logic that an illegal alien is a felon like any other. If that is your logic than it has to work the other way around also.
And if it works the other way around I'll bet that there are hundreds of thousands of 23 year olds who witnessed crimes or were "involved" in crimes when they were 3 years old. So if a criminal is a criminal, illegal alien or any other type of felon, I have another question: if someone told you that 20 years ago when he was three his first childhood memory was of his father killing a man in his presence, would you turn him in as an accesory to murder?
Apples and oranges and you know that.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:03 PM

122 posts, read 150,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
FOX NEWS ALERT: Millions of illegal 3-year-old children take to the streets, protesting the deportation of Dora the Explorer. Hundreds feared dead.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:07 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,496,812 times
Quote:
My compassion died concerning illegal aliens.

If we were dealing with maybe 100K of them that would be one thing----------7-12 million of those criminals here is not acceptable.

Again: it is Lara's damn parents who (knowingly) dropped the ball. We owe illegals nothing except deportation.

It's estimated there are something close to 30 million illegals here.

Make no mistake, they brought their families in, and had lots of kids while here. The kids aren't counted as illegal, but I count them as...

Old 07-04-2009, 10:10 PM

380 posts, read 708,119 times
Quote:

But in every thread illegal aliens are compared to and called common felons. I think you once even posted that an illegal alien is a felon just like any other. Why the double standard for the 3 year old illegal immigrant and not the three year old bank robber. NO I DONT KNOW THAT IT IS APPLES AND ORANGES. I STAND BY MY POST AND QUESTION TO YOU AS LEGITIMATE, BASED ON YOUR OWN VERY SPECIFIC PHILOSOPHY CONCERNING THE TREATMENT OF CRIMINALS.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:44 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,382,941 times
Still "uneducated" after 20 years.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by contachster View Post
Yes, but when does compassion come into play for you guys? He was 3 years old and he had no control over the situation. He sounds like an unfortunate victim in all this. Sometimes things are not so black and white, that's why when they sentence criminals they take into account mitigating factors. People on this board generalize too much. How many posts are there comparing illegal aliens to any other felon? So if things are so black and white: if a husband killed a man for raping and killing his wife and was found guilty of murder would you say "tough, throw him on the gurney a murderer is a murderer." That is why mitagating factors are allowed in testimonies in court cases. Or is it ok in that instance but not for the 3 year old?
And for 20 years he's never learned anything about immigration and the need for an ID? How did he get a job or DL without knowing he needed ID?

I say......BS!

Old 07-04-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
And for 20 years he's never learned anything about immigration and the need for an ID? How did he get a job or DL without knowing he needed ID?

I say......BS!
He had ID. Like I said, you can get a social security number and a license without a birth certificate. For legitimate reasons, too, not just for illegal aliens.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil leftist dogma View Post
He had ID. Like I said, you can get a social security number and a license without a birth certificate. For legitimate reasons, too, not just for illegal aliens.
There's nothing legitimate about it.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 07-04-2009 at 11:08 PM..

Old 07-04-2009, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
They nothing legitimate about it.
Uh, yes there is. You need an SSN if you are a legal H1B worker, or if you are F-1 on OPT, or for a variety of other reasons. It's really more common than you think.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:00 PM

291 posts, read 413,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil leftist dogma View Post
I don't know any sane person who would suggest we put this kid on the chopping block to make a point. Do you think it's fun to ruin lives or something?

you must think its been fun all these years paying the way for them, thus wrecking many a usa citizens life! talk about calling the kettle black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration