U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 10:40 PM

27 posts, read 24,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil leftist dogma View Post
Illegal aliens are not hurting me. They're probably not hurting you, either.

There are certain situations where I would hide an illegal alien. I would not hide every illegal alien, I would probably not even hide most illegal aliens because it's not my business. If that young college student from Florida was being hunted down, though, and I were a goodnatured, well-rounded American citizen, you'd bet your ass I'd give him a room and a place to hide. Civil disobedience is the reason there is a United States today. There is nothing wrong with standing up for what you believe is right.

The key here is that the majority of the time, I wouldn't hide them. I'm ambivalent about them being in the country. They're not stealing any job I want, and really, there are far more natural-born American citizens who I would rather see deported than illegal aliens.
they are hurting bad ---stealing work from us --we will lose our business soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2009, 10:42 PM

122 posts, read 88,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Still, EVERY illegal alien is in violation of the law whether he/she entered illegally/overstayed one's visa. Once a free pass is granted to a one or a few that'll only open the door for more to demand the same treatment. Doing so would also encourage more illegal immigration in the hopes that the some of them will also receive free passes.

If our govt. truly wants to end illegal immigration it needs to enforce the laws and end all policies that encourage illegal immigration, not by granting more free passes.
It's impossible to track everyone down, and if you could do that, then I think the government might have a little too much insight into peoples' personal lives.

I could see the fear-mongering politicians using illegal immigration as an excuse to profile people, to track people down and hassle them like it's a DUI checkpoint. Sure, most people have nothing to hide. But they still are treated like they are felons, as the person above me has indicated.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:53 AM

291 posts, read 248,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil leftist dogma View Post
It's impossible to track everyone down, and if you could do that, then I think the government might have a little too much insight into peoples' personal lives.

I could see the fear-mongering politicians using illegal immigration as an excuse to profile people, to track people down and hassle them like it's a DUI checkpoint. Sure, most people have nothing to hide. But they still are treated like they are felons, as the person above me has indicated.

you are funny we call it the IRS ! And we want their money now!

Old 07-05-2009, 12:55 AM

122 posts, read 88,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAndBroke View Post
you are funny we call it the IRS ! And we want their money now!
The IRS and the DHS/USCIS will never share records, it is too massive and they have said that it is impossible to integrate tax records into the immigration system effectively. I guess we'll never be able to nab those tax-payin' vermints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration