Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 04:56 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,957,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
In the SW and in Mexico it was Mexican settlers that did all that to them.

And one thing Mexicans demanded after the Texas War of Independence was that the USA do something to stop the Comanches from making raids into Mexico. The Comanches terrorized Mexicans, one reason not many Mexicans would move into their northern territories.

Hmm...bring back the Comanches lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 07:22 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contachster View Post
Wait... WHAT????????? American Indians have a much better chance at success here????
They were living fine and successful for centuries and within a short time American settlers and later the US government completely destroyed their way of life and society while wiping out hundreds of thousands of them. And now you are talking about their "chances of success" !!!!!!!
And who's rule they would "prefer to be under." !!!!!
That post was so absurd on so many levels I don't even know where to begin.
Moot points all.

Our American Indians are essentially 'Anglo' in their culture today and besides; precious few are even 'fullblood' Comanche, Navajo, etc. as it is.

Assuming there was such a thing as a 'prime directive' AKA returning things to the pre 1492 status quo----------such would mandate removing all indigenous people from the USA since they are all now 'tainted' by Euro, Aztec, etc. culture/DNA, etc.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:05 AM

380 posts, read 709,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Moot points all.

Our American Indians are essentially 'Anglo' in their culture today and besides; precious few are even 'fullblood' Comanche, Navajo, etc. as it is.

Assuming there was such a thing as a 'prime directive' AKA returning things to the pre 1492 status quo----------such would mandate removing all indigenous people from the USA since they are all now 'tainted' by Euro, Aztec, etc. culture/DNA, etc.
Moot points? I PUT QUOTES AROUND YOUR WORDS. I was trying to state that to say that a group that suffers from social-ills, addiction, mental illness, and an array of other social-ills at a rate much higher than any other group has a better chance at success here is the biggest catch-22 type statement I have ever heard. Many Indian communities are in the shape that they are in because the US government relegated them to 2nd class citizen status. Starting in the late 1800's there were government programs started that targetted "resistent" Indian families. Children were torn away from their parents, their hair was cut off, they were given a bible, given an Anglo name, and if they were caught speaking their language they were beaten. They are a subjugated people, beaten back by the US government and now they need to achieve success by US standards? WOW...Many American Indians are of mixed blood BECAUSE they were forced to live American. They were the subjects of the biggest social engineering project ever attempted. That does not mean that their respective cultures are MOOT, as you say. I know returning things to pre-1492 status would never happen and I never suggested that it be attempted.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:16 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Moot points? I PUT QUOTES AROUND YOUR WORDS. I was trying to state that to say that a group that suffers from social-ills, addiction, mental illness, and an array of other social-ills at a rate much higher than any other group has a better chance at success here is the biggest catch-22 type statement I have ever heard. Many Indian communities are in the shape that they are in because the US government relegated them to 2nd class citizen status. Starting in the late 1800's there were government programs started that targetted "resistent" Indian families. Children were torn away from their parents, their hair was cut off, they were given a bible, given an Anglo name, and if they were caught speaking their language they were beaten. They are a subjugated people, beaten back by the US government and now they need to achieve success by US standards? WOW...Many American Indians are of mixed blood BECAUSE they were forced to live American. They were the subjects of the biggest social engineering project ever attempted. That does not mean that their respective cultures are MOOT, as you say. I know returning things to pre-1492 status would never happen and I never suggested that it be attempted.
Frankly; what you outlined has happened to many cultures throughout history. Hell; even the Irish come to mind courtesy of the English. And, the English were under Latin (Roman) control till ca. AD 400.

I am not saying it is right, but, what you just described is Darwinism at its crudest. Survival of the fittest.

Besides: the Hispanics did a 'fabulous' job in subjugating the Aztecs----------to the point that today's Mestizo Mexicans fiercely embrace the now archaic culture of the White conquistador. As in the Spanish language and many other traits.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:12 AM

380 posts, read 709,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Frankly; what you outlined has happened to many cultures throughout history. Hell; even the Irish come to mind courtesy of the English. And, the English were under Latin (Roman) control till ca. AD 400.

I am not saying it is right, but, what you just described is Darwinism at its crudest. Survival of the fittest.

Besides: the Hispanics did a 'fabulous' job in subjugating the Aztecs----------to the point that today's Mestizo Mexicans fiercely embrace the now archaic culture of the White conquistador. As in the Spanish language and many other traits.
Sure the Spanish did a "fabulous" job; they did in 10 years what the US did in a 100 but I wouldn't exactly call it survival of the fittest. And yes, it is part of our human history: one people conquering another. But where the US-Indian situation is different is that after the US completes it's objective it feels guilty or is pressured into feeling that way. It then sets up Indian reservations as a lame attempt to justify or rationalize it's actions; where as any other conquered people are just swallowed up and integrated into the conquerer's system. Now the US provides welfare and other social programs to attempt to help these people who suffer from social-ills due to their 2nd class citizen status and now become dependant on these same programs for survival. The subjugation continues. Instead of Darwinism I think I would call it a catastrophe.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:36 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,728,669 times
Get back on topic, please.
Yac.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:26 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
both songs are garbage.

the first one is no problem.

the second one, well thats just terroristic!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post

AZTLAN UNDERGROUND LYRICS

The above lyrics don't seem to be very racially tolerant lyrics.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:02 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Oh we cut their hair off..... the Mexicans were cutting the feet off of Indians in order to subdue them. Do you know that's why the statues of your Don Juan de Onate are vandalized with his feet sawed off?

Old 07-29-2009, 12:10 AM

Quote:
The subjugation continues. Instead of Darwinism I think I would call it a catastrophe.
And how many of your Indians did your country kill back in 1994? Remember Chiapas? Something like 55 Indians were killed by Mexicans.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:17 AM

Lest we forget:

Waiting for Justice in Chiapas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration