U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 01-29-2010, 05:59 PM

14,307 posts, read 5,238,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
oh so its no longer "forced immersion worked back then" right? now its "that was then this is now!"
lol.
xenophobic, irrational fears. that's the only thing thats remained constant. and it will happen to whatever the next big group of immigrants are. this is a country of immigrants. get used to it
There you go using that misplaced word of xenophobic again. We are not afraid of strangers. We have a generous legal immigration system and have had since our founding.

No, we are no longer a nation of immigrants. Our citizen population way outnumbers our immigrant population today. We are now a nation of mostly Americans by several generations. Most of us were born so we aren't immigrants.
Quick reply to this message

Unread 01-29-2010, 07:38 PM

21,157 posts, read 24,109,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
There you go using that misplaced word of xenophobic again. We are not afraid of strangers. We have a generous legal immigration system and have had since our founding.

No, we are no longer a nation of immigrants. Our citizen population way outnumbers our immigrant population today. We are now a nation of mostly Americans by several generations. Most of us were born so we aren't immigrants.
Methinks the pro illegal alien apologists are becoming ever more desperate judging by their posts. Let them ramble on; they are the 'canary in the coal mine' of growing hostility towards any sort of amnesty

Unread 01-29-2010, 10:29 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,378,311 times
Quote:
you're not afraid of them but you dislike them. you wish you went outside and everybody spoke, dressed and looked like whatever nonsensical picture of what an american should look/dress/sound like you have in your mind.. and everybody speaking english only.

Quote:
yes you're absolutely right
Sergey Brin, co-founder of Google, born in Russia
Ajay Bhatt, co-founder of the USB and other technologies, born in India
Pierre Omidyar, founder of eBay, born in France of Iranian parents
Jerry Yang, cofounder Yahoo, Born in Taiwan

just a handful of some of the most influential people in the world. or do you only count illegals as immigrants.

Unread 01-29-2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Methinks the pro illegal alien apologists are becoming ever more desperate judging by their posts. Let them ramble on; they are the 'canary in the coal mine' of growing hostility towards any sort of amnesty
so now you're calling people names. "pro illegal alien apologists".. first you make up lies about "100 years ago, there was no bilingual curriculum or ESL in schools!!!!!11".. i guess this is the only choice you have after i disproved your made up history lol. if you can find 1 post anywhere on this site where i've supported illegal immigration i'd pay you $500.. which you could probably use to buy and read a history book so you dont have to make up lies about what it "used to be like" in this country. too bad you won't find such posts, so no luck

Unread 01-29-2010, 10:57 PM

9,649 posts, read 8,327,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
9. 21 radio stations in L. A. are Spanish speaking.
10. In L. A. County 5.1 million people speak English, 3.9 million speak Spanish.
(There are 10..2 million people in L. A.. County )
So now it's a crime to speak Spanish?
Tell that to Fox (Fox Sports en Espanol) and ESPN (ESPN deportes)

Unread 01-29-2010, 11:44 PM

^How many people are those 21 stations employing.. how many people are the spanish news networks employing.. this doesnt matter apparently.. or maybe they think it is an all mexican crew working at these radio stations and television networks.
language doesnt seem to matter to the Red Sox, Yankees, Mariners, Braves, Houston Rockets, Milwaukee Bucks, Golden State Warriors and so on, all of who have signed players who didnt/dont speak a lick of english. or is this a different situation..

Unread 01-30-2010, 01:29 AM

23,670 posts, read 13,436,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Not only doesn't this make sense but ... it doesn't many ANY sense.

Unread 01-30-2010, 06:44 AM

21,157 posts, read 24,109,275 times
Quote:
so now you're calling people names. "pro illegal alien apologists".. first you make up lies about "100 years ago, there was no bilingual curriculum or ESL in schools!!!!!11".. i guess this is the only choice you have after i disproved your made up history lol. if you can find 1 post anywhere on this site where i've supported illegal immigration i'd pay you $500.. which you could probably use to buy and read a history book so you dont have to make up lies about what it "used to be like" in this country. too bad you won't find such posts, so no luck
Did I name names?

You (the pro illegal types) know who you are.

Unread 01-30-2010, 07:29 AM

Quote:
you're not afraid of them but you dislike them. you wish you went outside and everybody spoke, dressed and looked like whatever nonsensical picture of what an american should look/dress/sound like you have in your mind.. and everybody speaking english only.

yes you're absolutely right
Sergey Brin, co-founder of Google, born in Russia
Ajay Bhatt, co-founder of the USB and other technologies, born in India
Pierre Omidyar, founder of eBay, born in France of Iranian parents
Jerry Yang, cofounder Yahoo, Born in Taiwan

just a handful of some of the most influential people in the world. or do you only count illegals as immigrants.
Don't twist my words! I never said I disliked anyone. I just said that Spanish speakers are not assimilalting like prior immigrants did. I never said anything about look/dress/. As I also said, why not speak English in public if one knows how to? I don't care what language one speaks at home.

How do your examples of Americans born elseswhere negate the fact that the MAJORITY of Americans were born here and that our citizen population way outnumbers our immigrant population and therefore we are a nation of Americans by several generations now?

Last edited by chicagonut; 01-30-2010 at 08:40 AM..

Unread 01-30-2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Not only doesn't this make sense but ... it doesn't many ANY sense.
It makes perfect sense! Advocates for illegal aliens are getting more desperate with their verbal attacks on law abiding Americans who expect our immigration laws to be enforced and not to reward those who do not follow them. Their desperation comes from not getting the CIR they thought they would get especially with Obama as president and not fulfilling his promise to Latinos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration