U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 08:12 PM

2,403 posts, read 3,687,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
FYI: macmeal is quite anti illegal immigration.............but, has a sarcastic way of describing things
Thanks for the update !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 08:56 AM

4,805 posts, read 5,477,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
ohhh man, now you sound as silly as the santa clarita councilmen who proclaimed being a proud racist. its better to confront the issue at hand and ensure people know you are not a racist or xenophobe.

thats like saying "if liking to shop at gap kids makes me a child molestor, then I AM!"

i would never want to associate myself with racism or molestation.
its quite easy to dispute these charges and make the person accusing you of such understand that you arent a racist, and that your particluar brand of thought isnt racist, or in this case xenophobic. if you truly stand by your ideals, then its easy to dispute peoples erroneous beleifs about you. agreeing with someone because its easy is counterproductive. i would think you were smarter than that. thats s.clarita councilmen? not so sure.

a person agreeing with an idiot makes them as much an idiot.
Santa Clarita City Councilman Bob Kellar was accused of being a racist after expressing his support of Teddy Roosevelt's statement that we, as a nation, have one flag and one language. Someone turned to him and said, "Bob, that makes you sound like a racist," His reply? "Well then, I'm a proud racist."

Yet another person standing up for the rights of American citizens, taken out of context as always by those who are eager to toss around the "R" word indiscriminately. Don't you know that it is considered political suicide to take up a position on illegal immigration which differs from the roll over and play dead position espoused by the L.A. Slimes and other mainstream media clowns?

It never ceases to amaze me that should a person speak intelligently to the subject of illegal immigration, he is branded a racist. Whenever illegal alien apologists run out of any intelligent arguments on the subject,they always fall back on that old canard.

Apparently, racism can only legitimately flow one way in this argument in order to be excused.

Ridiculous.

Last edited by Kele; 02-07-2010 at 09:05 AM..

Old 02-07-2010, 09:03 AM

21,157 posts, read 26,606,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Santa Clarita City Councilman Bob Kellar was accused of being a racist after expressing his support of Teddy Roosevelt's statement that we, as a nation, have one flag and one language. Someone turned to him and said, "Bob, that makes you sound like a racist," His reply? "Well then, I'm a proud racist."

Yet another person standing up for the rights of American citizens, taken out of context as always by those who are eager to toss around the "R" word indiscriminately. Don't you know that it is consider political suicide to take up a position on illegal immigration which differs from the roll over and play dead position espoused by the L.A. Slimes and other mainstream media clowns?

It never ceases to amaze me that should a person speak intelligently to the subject of illegal immigration, he is branded a racist. Whenever illegal alien apologists run out of any intelligent arguments on the subject,they always fall back on that old canard.

Apparently, racism can only legitimately flow one way in this argument in order to be excused.

Ridiculous.
And to run with your ball further: someone attempting to use the 'race card' on me no longer works-----------I come back with the 'criminal loser' card when dealing with illegal aliens.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:27 PM

234 posts, read 119,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
This one alone shows the flaws in your "facts". If so many illegals could speak English then their kids shouldn't need all the ESL classrooms in the schools and there would be no need to marque uno para escuchar en espanol y dos para ingles and all the radio and television broadcast in a foreign language. Welfare social workers wouldn't be required to speak fluent Spanish.
What does speaking Spanish or choosing Spanish over English have to do with anything?

Enjoy giving the low blows, your not impressing me.

Somewhere along the way you forgot that in America we can listen to whatever we want and in any format or language we choose.

According to you, if it's not English it don't belong here. Show me where in the Constitution that it says English is the God ordained language of America!

Spanish was spoken in North America long before English was so spare me the English only melodrama.

Spanish is here to stay and your criticism of it will only empower the Spanish language even more.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:30 PM

47,585 posts, read 35,904,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
What does speaking Spanish or choosing Spanish over English have to do with anything?

Somewhere along the way you forgot that in America we can listen to whatever we want and in any format or language we choose.

According to you, if it's not English it don't belong here. Show me where in the Constitution that it says English is the God ordained language of America!

Spanish was spoken in North America long before English was so spare me the English only melodrama.

Spanish is here to stay and your criticism of it will only empower the Spanish language even more.
We'll see -- because I believe English is here to stay and there may be less accomodations made to those who come here for all the handouts and easy money but make zero effort to adapt themselves.

You can already see the tide is turning when immigrants who refuse to learn a single word of English demand they be provided social workers to hand them their welfare handouts speaking to them in Spanish.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:37 PM

21,157 posts, read 26,606,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post

Bottom line here: English is the de facto language of the USA---------much like Spanish is for Mexico.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:40 PM

47,585 posts, read 35,904,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria19 View Post
So we should have pity on Joe?

There are many illegal immigrants who still pay taxes.

Not all of them get payed cash. Just FYI!

You've never been under the circumstances of most of these people that is why you honestly don't understand. We ALL have problems, yes, but if you were a day in there shoes then you realize it is not easy!

And your probably going to say that why do you have to pay? Life is not fair. Deal with it.

I agree on you to some extent but if they were legal then we would have the above problem.

They might cause other problems but i completely disagree with the above.
Life isn't fair??? You mean because the entire world cannot move to the USA just because everyone might feel like it and there are such a thing as immigration laws in the USA just like there are in virtually every other country?

Life isn't fair -- that's right and someone born in another country must abide by certain rules when coming here. Deal with it.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
We'll see -- because I believe English is here to stay and there may be less accomodations made to those who come here for all the handouts and easy money but make zero effort to adapt themselves.

You can already see the tide is turning when immigrants who refuse to learn a single word of English demand they be provided social workers to hand them their welfare handouts speaking to them in Spanish.
English is not going anywhere.

The misconception that it's disappearing is a fear mongering attempt by Nativist who are not pleased at the already 80% English fluency rate of America.

So you have a percentile of the U.S. Population that cares nothing about the English language. This is no need for alarm.

What's the problem?

Is the sky falling or something over it?

This Nation is a Nation of Immigrants. Approximately 337 languages are spoken or signed by the population, of which 176 are indigenous to the area.

As of now, English is only a DE FACTO language of the USA.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:54 PM

50,247 posts, read 47,579,412 times
that is an easy one, the medical deficit is just about equal to the state budget deficit, reason illegal immigration usage of medical.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
that is an easy one, the medical deficit is just about equal to the state budget deficit, reason illegal immigration usage of medical.
So according to you only illegal immigrants are using todays emergency rooms and are the sole contributors of the fiscal dilemma regarding a so called medical deficit?

Do you also believe in little green men from mars?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration