Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2009, 07:00 PM

706 posts, read 940,095 times

Advertisements

Maybe this will help explain some of the anger from myself and other "Anti's"

You see,To me,it really means something to be an "American" It is somethig to be proud of (yep,even with all of warts and blemishes,America still beats whatever country is in second place )
We're a stubborn lot,We Americans....And a proud bunch as well....And we sure as hell are not going to "go silently into the night" And I for one will not stand by while the destruction of this country is carried out by those that wish to change Her into something other than a Constitutional Republic
JMO

regards...

"They see the standard of living in the U.S. and they aspire to it. But they prefer not to spend the generations it takes to achieve it. They think by recovering the land of the rich, they will, miraculously become rich, too. But this is a mistake"

"You can’t fully appreciate the traditions of the United States that have allowed us to create the most extraordinary country ever. It’s not the land. Land is land. You can grow lettuce almost anywhere. But to live free to be your own person, to pursue your best efforts without government interference – well, that is the foundation of America. And even though we have strayed far from that ideal. It remains the foundation of our republic"

"If the Mexican people want to participate in the American dream, they must become Americans: learn the language, learn the way of life, learn the traditions. Become an American. It’s not the land, it’s the people. The promise of Aztlán is a hollow one. They will not reproduce American prosperity in the reconquista, they will only extend Mexican poverty to it"

SNIP
Opinion : Here in Aztlan, it's the people that make the difference - Inside Tucson Business - newspaper, business news, opinion, classifieds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 07:07 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,435 times
Wow! How little this individual opinion knows about the relationship between Mexico and Aztlan. There is none, zero, nada, zilch! I do agree with this individual blogger that Aztla's Promise is a hollow one.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:16 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Frankly:

The 'Aztlaners' may indeed get their wish as in having unfettered access to the USA--------once we finish off what was started back in 1848-53.

Just that it will spell the death knell of Spanish in any official capacity and US law will replace Mexican.

Last edited by ArizonaBear; 07-06-2009 at 08:38 PM.. Reason: incorrect date

Old 07-06-2009, 08:04 PM

706 posts, read 940,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Wow! How little this individual opinion knows about the relationship between Mexico and Aztlan. There is none, zero, nada, zilch! I do agree with this individual blogger that Aztla's Promise is a hollow one.

I don't think the intention of the editorial was to validate the existence of a link between the "atzlanista's" and Mexico....It appears to simply show how the theory of Atzlan would never work here in the USA.Quite simply put.....We are different countries with different beliefs,customs,cultures, and that any attempt to change that would change the USA would be futile. I suppose that the same could be said of any reverse attempt by elements within the USA on Mexico

Last edited by borderlord; 07-06-2009 at 08:05 PM.. Reason: punctuation

Old 07-08-2009, 03:02 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
Maybe this will help explain some of the anger from myself and other "Anti's"

You see,To me,it really means something to be an "American" It is somethig to be proud of (yep,even with all of warts and blemishes,America still beats whatever country is in second place )
We're a stubborn lot,We Americans....And a proud bunch as well....And we sure as hell are not going to "go silently into the night" And I for one will not stand by while the destruction of this country is carried out by those that wish to change Her into something other than a Constitutional Republic
JMO

regards...

"They see the standard of living in the U.S. and they aspire to it. But they prefer not to spend the generations it takes to achieve it. They think by recovering the land of the rich, they will, miraculously become rich, too. But this is a mistake"

"You can’t fully appreciate the traditions of the United States that have allowed us to create the most extraordinary country ever. It’s not the land. Land is land. You can grow lettuce almost anywhere. But to live free to be your own person, to pursue your best efforts without government interference – well, that is the foundation of America. And even though we have strayed far from that ideal. It remains the foundation of our republic"

"If the Mexican people want to participate in the American dream, they must become Americans: learn the language, learn the way of life, learn the traditions. Become an American. It’s not the land, it’s the people. The promise of Aztlán is a hollow one. They will not reproduce American prosperity in the reconquista, they will only extend Mexican poverty to it"

SNIP
Opinion : Here in Aztlan, it's the people that make the difference - Inside Tucson Business - newspaper, business news, opinion, classifieds
I agree with this wholeheartedly....and have written MANY 'rants' on this exact subject on this forum, way back a year or so ago. It has to do with 'assimilation', and it's also related to 'multiculturalism', and it's why the US 'works' so relatively well, (or HAS worked until recently), while other places do not.

The huge difference in the US and other places is not the geography, the air, or the climate...Arizona is MUCH like Sonora, physically.....and Montana is much like parts of Siberia....just as Utah and Nevada are similar to Iran, physically. It's not race or ethnicity...the US includes persons of EVERY race. It's not mineral wealth...(many TERRIBLE countries have vast deposits of minerals)....and it's not even MONEY...(Mexico, for example, is a reasonably 'wealthy' nation in terms of the world in general).

The thing that sets the US apart is THE SYSTEM....it just WORKS, and it takes care of EVERYONE, unlike much of the world.

If you want to be part of the 'American dream', you have to be part of 'the system'....and to do this, you must assimilate and learn how things work here...and that takes time and effort for anyone; for someone here illegally, it's pretty much impossible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration