U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 08:59 PM

709 posts, read 1,544,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Unless 'Whitey' is a White Hispanic with blue eyes............
Vicente Fox has brown eyes and so does the current president of Mexico, Felipe Calderon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 09:01 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,801,279 times
How did this thread evolve into comments about whiteys and such?

Old 07-12-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Why can't the money that is spent on water, buying water containers, and transportation be used instead to improve the infrastructure of the towns and cities where the illegals came from? Doing that would not only encourage the illegals to stay but encourage them to have the will to improve their lives and residence and maybe assist others instead of fleeing from all of it.

Placing water bottles out in the desert is not only a crime but it also sends out the message that the illegals may be able to survive physically because someone is going to assist when entering illegally.

If these religious dimwits have the money and effort to transport and litter water containers in the desert why can't they divert that effort and money to directly assist the towns and cities where the illegals come from?
You still didn't tell me how much money these people are spending to provide water for the illegal immigrants. It takes a lot more than a few bucks to improve the infrastructure of a town or a city.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Funny how its never a option to make economic improvements at home its always how can we make it easier for immigrants to immigrate to America.
Don't you so called "anti-illegals" complain when the U.S gov't tries to do that?

Old 07-12-2009, 10:02 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,690,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Don't you so called "anti-illegals" complain when the U.S gov't tries to do that?
FYI: we owe Mexico nothing; that nation needs to grow up and accept responsibility for its poorest, 'brownest' citizens.

Its per capita income is the same as Argentina yet the latter Hispanic nation seems to have a much more even distribution of wealth--------maybe because it is 97% White?

Old 07-12-2009, 10:14 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,585,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
You still didn't tell me how much money these people are spending to provide water for the illegal immigrants. It takes a lot more than a few bucks to improve the infrastructure of a town or a city.
Whatever the amount is, I'm certain that most poor Mexicans and Central Americans would be grateful to receive any amount of money (and manpower) that is provided.

No More Deaths certainly should have a few hundred dollars if it's capable of purchasing and transporting the following equipment (none of which I'm certain is cheap):

http://h.imagehost.org/0529/IMG_2613.jpg (broken link)

http://h.imagehost.org/0567/IMG_2577.jpg (broken link)

http://h.imagehost.org/0518/IMG_2930.jpg (broken link)

http://h.imagehost.org/0936/IMG_315666.jpg (broken link)

http://h.imagehost.org/0321/IMG_3155.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by antireconquista; 07-12-2009 at 10:25 PM..

Old 07-13-2009, 02:57 AM

11,410 posts, read 16,061,320 times
Goodness me, I didn't know people could be so evil as to say that providing water for these people (and yes, criminal or not, they are PEOPLE). Pretty shameful.

And for the record, I HAVE done work to improve the infrastructure of Mexico and am surely going to do more once I've completely my education and have the financial means to go back to the communities I have lived in within Mexico. I also do not question the legal status of the immigrants who I teach English and Spanish literacy. If I lived remotely near the border, I'd be out there with water every day, fines be damned. If this country is fining people for providing simple human comfort to fellow man then it's absolutely not one worth fighting for.

This thread certainly makes it hard to feel proud to be an American. I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to die of thirst in the desert, regardless of why they were there.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
FYI: we owe Mexico nothing; that nation needs to grow up and accept responsibility for its poorest, 'brownest' citizens.

Its per capita income is the same as Argentina yet the latter Hispanic nation seems to have a much more even distribution of wealth--------maybe because it is 97% White?
What is with you and your obsession with race?

Old 07-13-2009, 07:50 AM

24,639 posts, read 24,131,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
I hold the Mexican government and a culture that promotes high birth rates regardless of ability to provide a means of support for the shame of illegals suffering and dying in the desert. I am sick of Mexico's oh feel sorry for me mentality.
I'm not condoning anything here, except for the cessation of human suffering.
What's the problem with water.

I guess I'm just glad to be buddhist where we hold all people the same, instead of the people on this thread who wish for the death of another human.

I just boggle, some of you, not the poster I'm responding to, are all for the "right-to-life" until birth, or until you're what I want you to be.

There are ways to return people to their own countries, wishing them death is not the best or christer way.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:25 AM

32,953 posts, read 30,201,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Goodness me, I didn't know people could be so evil as to say that providing water for these people (and yes, criminal or not, they are PEOPLE). Pretty shameful.

And for the record, I HAVE done work to improve the infrastructure of Mexico and am surely going to do more once I've completely my education and have the financial means to go back to the communities I have lived in within Mexico. I also do not question the legal status of the immigrants who I teach English and Spanish literacy. If I lived remotely near the border, I'd be out there with water every day, fines be damned. If this country is fining people for providing simple human comfort to fellow man then it's absolutely not one worth fighting for.

This thread certainly makes it hard to feel proud to be an American. I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to die of thirst in the desert, regardless of why they were there.
I feel sorry for people jumping off of burning buildings not people committing suicide. It's called a choice, do you know the difference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or