U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 10:45 AM

291 posts, read 353,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
I hold the Mexican government and a culture that promotes high birth rates regardless of ability to provide a means of support for the shame of illegals suffering and dying in the desert. I am sick of Mexico's oh feel sorry for me mentality.
DITTO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 10:51 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I feel sorry for people jumping off of burning buildings not people committing suicide. It's called a choice, do you know the difference?
Agreed. While most of us would feel sympathy for....(and would help)....a person who fell down and sprained his ankle, it would be a little more difficult to feel that sympathy, if the person sprained his ankle while in the process of climbing over your back fence to steal something from you.

Not saying these folks aren't humans, of course....only that they put themselves in harm's way while in the process of circumventing our laws.

Why not set up 'watering stations' directly on the border, if preventing thirst is truly your objective?

Last edited by macmeal; 07-13-2009 at 11:02 AM..

Old 07-13-2009, 11:00 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
How did this thread evolve into comments about whiteys and such?
ANY issue, from crime, to housing, to government spending, to education, to jaywalking....can be made into a much more 'colorful' controversy if it can be made to be seen as a 'racial' issue. Illegal immigration is certainly one such issue, as are many others; and both sides freely play the 'race' angle, as you've noted.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:02 PM

11,395 posts, read 15,995,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I feel sorry for people jumping off of burning buildings not people committing suicide. It's called a choice, do you know the difference?
Work a suicide hotline as well. No one is too lost to forgo help.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:06 PM

472 posts, read 627,582 times
It seems to me that the simple solution is "don't try to cross the desert in the summer time".
Also, shouldn't providing water and other assistance be considered aiding and abetting?

Old 07-13-2009, 01:19 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,397,570 times
Well, I'm sure that all of the bleeding heart liberals and pro illegal enablers, all with agendas, who are so concerned about the unwanted illegal future Democratic voter trespassers, if amnestied, dying in the dessert wouldn't mind too much if these bottles of water put out for the unwanted illegal trespassers were replaced by the BP with phones in direct contact with the BP so that the BP could quickly arrive and administer water prior to kicking the illegals azzes back to mexico. Then too, it's a lot more effective if the BP doesn't get there in time to save every unwanted dying illegal trespasser...... Pictures of unwanted illegal trespassers who died of thirst should be posted every 1000 yards along the border, you know, to save lives.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:38 PM

804 posts, read 1,174,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Latin American Herald Tribune - Volunteers Fined for Leaving Water on Migrant Routes in Arizona

Hmm, perhaps instead of wasting money by littering all over the desert that money could instead go towards assisting the poor Mexicans and Central Americans in order to encourage them to remain in their homelands as opposing to giving them incentives to head northward illegally?

Anyway, I salute the federal officials for giving those dimwits their just desserts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Good for them, facing a fine is nothing compared to saving a human life. Seems like they are just doing their jobs as ministers of God.

I wonder if there is a site where we can make donations so they can pay their fines and continue saving lives at the border, and maybe so they can get more resources to pick up the empty containers.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:03 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,397,570 times
Well, if we arrest those pro illegal enablers for breaking the law by leaving water out for the unwanted illegal alien trespasser future Democratic voters, if amnestied, and have the BP leave phones with a direct connection to the BP, then the BP can pick up these dying of thirst unwanted illegal alien future Democratic voters, if amnestied, give them water and then kick them back to mexico. Voila.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:13 PM

1,368 posts, read 1,627,376 times
How many illegal mexicans have died as a result of no water...really, cmon!?

The Latino Tribune calls this group "humanitarian". I call them "Traitors OF America"!

Remember our policy to look upon any person/group who helps a terrorist as 'terrorists themselves.
So it is with people/groups which help Illegal Mexicans invade our country.

Sadly, we're taking the water because of the "liability" we would face if the water was somehow tainted and said Illegal Mexicans got sick from drinking it.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:47 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
I wonder if there is a site where we can make donations so they can pay their fines and continue saving lives at the border, and maybe so they can get more resources to pick up the empty containers.
They are placing their water stations in a National Wildlife Refuge. By law, you cannot leave crap all over the place in a NWR. I cannot leave stuff all over the place, the do-gooders cannot leave stuff all over the place. That is the law. The illegals are not supposed to be traipsing through the NWR either, leaving their garbage scattered behind them as they go. If these individuals wish to set up water stations to encourage even more illegals to sneak into the US, they need to do it somewhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or