U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 05:56 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times

Advertisements

I have an idea: set up water stations in direct line of sight of BP lookouts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 06:02 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Work a suicide hotline as well. No one is too lost to forgo help.
Then you need to be on the Mexican side of the border persuading people not to cross. You are part of the problem if you are doing it. It's like leaving out food and water for a stray bird. They become dependent on the water and if you take it away or they can't find it there is a good chance they will die.

But the birds making it communicate to the others that there is water there............but there really might not be. Teaching them not to cross is the best option. Giving them hope that there will be is what is sending them across. Many would hold these water stashing people accountable and that is why they are termed "enablers". How many people died in the desert because they heard they would be taken care of in the middle of it? There are two views on this.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:53 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,397,857 times
The IA enablers on here who posted the sob story of other IA enablers who leave water for dying of thirst unwanted illegal mexican future Democratic voter, if amnestied, trespassers don't seem to be too happy with the prospect of these dying illegal mexicans being saved by the BP, do they? The IA enablers on here are obviously only concerned that these dying of thirst unwanted illegal mexican future Democratic voters, if amnestied, are saved by other IA enablers and therefore can proceed with breaking in, the IA enablers real agenda.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:41 PM

2,470 posts, read 2,019,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I realize this is an emotional issue, but ultimately, that doesn't make it 'OK'. Want to avoid thirst? Then avoid desert crossings during summer.
You gave a very well thought out answer but, I thought this part was funny and I had to pick on you for it. You obviously don't live in or near the southwest. I'm from Phoenix, I think the record for the most days in a single year with temperatures reaching 100 degrees or more, was 143....and the record high temperature was 122 degrees. The climate here is similiar to what people run into when they cross the border illegally. It breaks 100 degrees in March and/or November sometimes. There are days that are so hot that it doesn't even drop back down below 100 degrees overnight. Any way, my point is summer is not the only time that it's way too HOT to be walking out in the desert. What I can't believe is that any one would attempt it without carrying plenty of water in the first place.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:51 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,309,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Latin American Herald Tribune - Volunteers Fined for Leaving Water on Migrant Routes in Arizona

Hmm, perhaps instead of wasting money by littering all over the desert that money could instead go towards assisting the poor Mexicans and Central Americans in order to encourage them to remain in their homelands as opposing to giving them incentives to head northward illegally?

Anyway, I salute the federal officials for giving those dimwits their just desserts.
About time they started doing this. The idiots have been putting water out in the desert for years helping the illegals. I hope they take the water stations down for good out there.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
Only racist Anglo nazis are in favor of improving the infrastructure of Mexico and Central America so that the people living in these countries do not feel the need to illegally immigrate to the U.S in search for a better life.
Can I quote you? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Old 07-13-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
You still didn't tell me how much money these people are spending to provide water for the illegal immigrants. It takes a lot more than a few bucks to improve the infrastructure of a town or a city.
Then tell the damn illegals to stay in their own damn country and work toward fixing it. Stop blaming the people of this country. It is their problem.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:09 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
You gave a very well thought out answer but, I thought this part was funny and I had to pick on you for it. You obviously don't live in or near the southwest. I'm from Phoenix, I think the record for the most days in a single year with temperatures reaching 100 degrees or more, was 143....and the record high temperature was 122 degrees. The climate here is similiar to what people run into when they cross the border illegally. It breaks 100 degrees in March and/or November sometimes. There are days that are so hot that it doesn't even drop back down below 100 degrees overnight. Any way, my point is summer is not the only time that it's way too HOT to be walking out in the desert. What I can't believe is that any one would attempt it without carrying plenty of water in the first place.
Note where I live as well...............which still does not absolve the IA enablers leaving water for those criminals emanating from SOB, etc.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:18 AM

804 posts, read 1,174,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Then you need to be on the Mexican side of the border persuading people not to cross. You are part of the problem if you are doing it. It's like leaving out food and water for a stray bird. They become dependent on the water and if you take it away or they can't find it there is a good chance they will die.

But the birds making it communicate to the others that there is water there............but there really might not be. Teaching them not to cross is the best option. Giving them hope that there will be is what is sending them across. Many would hold these water stashing people accountable and that is why they are termed "enablers". How many people died in the desert because they heard they would be taken care of in the middle of it? There are two views on this.

This comparison to the birds is flawed because the goal of the bird is to get food and the goal of the individual is to cross the desert. If you remove the food, the bird has no motivation to come here. If you remove the water, the individuals still going to try to cross the desert.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:25 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
This comparison to the birds is flawed because the goal of the bird is to get food and the goal of the individual is to cross the desert. If you remove the food, the bird has no motivation to come here. If you remove the water, the individuals still going to try to cross the desert.
My point being, if they were warned not encouraged, there would be less trying. At that point it would be suicide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or