U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 08:41 PM

706 posts, read 800,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Oh, about 80% of said legislation will pass............look around you----------California is in pain.
Regardless ofthe actual % of legislation that is passed., I see a trend in which people are becoming increasingly pissed off at our group of self serving group of ego driven "let's save the world and kill the state" gasbags in Sacramento. ( And in other states)

Remember, it's not what your see in the media, nor is it found on forums that really matters...it is how people feel....And right now, at least here in California, I really think that people are fed up with being ignored. And with the unemployment rate and layoffs continuing to rise, it is only going to get worse....

We started the ball rolling with 187 here in California....And hopefully we can get it going again...

Of course. we could be ignored again....

tick, tick.tick....

Last edited by borderlord; 07-15-2009 at 08:42 PM.. Reason: addition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 02:46 PM

6,550 posts, read 12,670,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
I think the approach of this senator is incorrect, I think any attempts to create a path for legalization should be coupled with border/employment enforcement as well as with reform of current eligibility to migrate as to not be family based.

But suggesting a "shoot on sight" rule seem to take a lot from your argument. I think if I would be a random reader or listener and would be paying attention to you, I would completely lose interest in what you have to say after you suggest such a radical idea, that opens the U.S. to charges of human rights violations.

Path to legalization and THEN enforcement is not the way.

Enforcement and THEN path to legalization is not the way.

Both at the same time, in the same bill is the way to go.
Actually enforcement and then a path to legalization IS the way....

We need to have a method/tool of enforcement BEFORE anyone in this country is going to be agreeable to anything approaching another amnesty... You need to PROVE that you can enforce the law and defend the border BEFORE you suddenly tell the 20 million that skirted around our previously lax border security that we're going to let them become citizens....

Why?

Because IF you allow amnesty first, or hint at it.... Or even if you do both at the same time, you are, in effect telling those that would be illegals to get on over here now while it's still easy to get through and become a citizen!!!

If you tighten the border FIRST, then you cut off the flow of illegals into the country. THEN your only issue comes down to what you're going to do with the illegals that already are in the country.....

I'm sorry you think a possible "Shoot on sight" policy at the borders is "extreme", but I can't think of a better deterrent than those that would attempt to enter our country illegally to understand that IF they are seen by a border agent they may likely be eating a bullet instead of being sent back home so they can try again tomorrow.....

Tired of watching this ***** on television where these people who are caught are smiling like they think this is some sort of game.... We need to get the point across that it isn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or