Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 03:20 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times

Advertisements

In a previous post I said that Candidate Obama won't be friendly to illegals because of his background. I think I might have been wrong. Recent developments indicate that he is very pro-illegal. His choice for Supreme Court Justice is one. Why is he appointing an Affirmative action poster person who has demonstrated bias and what does it have to do with illegal immigration? Remember that this is the person who proudly said that policies are made in the court room. Let's say some illegal got detained by the police and sues. The case makes its way to the Supreme Court. The court decides that the police acted unlawfully. Now the police can't detain illegals anymore. This is how the court makes policies. Obama can now act surprised and even shocked and tell the American people that his hands are tied because this is a decision made by the court and he has to respect it even though he may not agree with it. No political risk for him there.

The policy of going after employers who might have hired illegals is a facade. I read an Article in my local newspaper regarding this policy and I learned that the enforcement agency has sent out notices weeks in advance telling companies that they will be inspected for hiring practices. What would you do if you are a company that hires illegals when you get this kind of advance notices? You make it look like very thing is legal for inspection time, of course. This is a huge slap on the face of American people.

If you have been reading the headlines, you have undoubtedly seen the claims made by immigration and border patrol that apprehension of illegals are down from previous years. Is it really the truth or is it an attempt to mislead the American people? Are they arresting less illegals because less are coming, or because they are not doing a good job and let the illegals slip by? The enforcement people can massage or manipulate the data anyway they see fit here.

The bottom line is I don't trust this Administration when it comes enforcing immigration laws at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 03:25 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,852,462 times
Obama is just another pro-illegal, pro-amnesty and pro-lax illegal immigration law enforcement advocate.

He's altered the 287(g) policy, granted deportation deferrals, delays the use of E-Verify, etc.

The main reasons why he hasn't granted an amnesty yet is because of other critical issues being dealt with currently such as the economy, health care, the two overseas occupations, etc.

When the unemployment rises to 10% and higher I wonder how he's going to justify wanting to help 12-20 million illegals.

If the economy was as stable as it was in early 2007 Obama would've likely demanded that an amnesty bill written for him to sign ASAP.

Of course, let's not forget, the ethnocentricists who voted and supported him have been demanding an amnesty be passed this year.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:31 PM

291 posts, read 414,003 times
Need's voters that cant read english .

Old 07-15-2009, 03:41 PM

706 posts, read 940,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAndBroke View Post
Need's voters that cant read english .

Seems the voters who can read English pose a problem as well. After all He was elected to the office by a majority of the electorate.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:29 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
How is he going to be "anti-illegal alien", went he himself is an illegal alien, with a bogus birth certificate?

Old 07-15-2009, 04:54 PM

709 posts, read 1,767,467 times
I have always said from the beginning that ArizonaBear was wrong. He for some reason had it in his head that Obama's views on illegal immigration is closer to that of the Minutemen than it is to that of La Raza and MECHa.

He keeps forgetting that La Raza and MECHa are some of the biggest Obama cheerleaders in the world. They love him like they love Che Guevara and Cesar Chavez.

Obama is an honorary Hispanic in their eyes, the same way Bill Clinton was an honorary Black.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:23 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
I have always said from the beginning that ArizonaBear was wrong. He for some reason had it in his head that Obama's views on illegal immigration is closer to that of the Minutemen than it is to that of La Raza and MECHa.

He keeps forgetting that La Raza and MECHa are some of the biggest Obama cheerleaders in the world. They love him like they love Che Guevara and Cesar Chavez.

Obama is an honorary Hispanic in their eyes, the same way Bill Clinton was an honorary Black.
And we had the huge influx of those losers from Mexico, etc. during the Bush administration----------so there is plenty of blame to go around.

Of course the irony was that Cesar Chavez was extremely anti illegal immigration---------if anything, he called the old INS on illegals since those criminals were undercutting his workers.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:34 PM

549 posts, read 1,665,506 times
Obama is a leftist Chavez wanna be. I should not have voted for Obama.

Obama is supporting one of Chavez`s best friends (Manuel Zelaya) so that he can safely return to the presidency of Honduras. The Hondurean people took him out of office because Zelaya wanted to modify the constitution so that he can be the president forever in Honduras (3/4/5 continuous presidency terms). The people of that tiny country defended their constitution when they noticed Zelaya`s intentions, and through a legal court rule they took Zelaya out of the country with the help of the military forces...and now, Obama wants that dictator (Zelaya) in Honduras again.

Obama is obviously a leftist Chavez-Zelaya fanatic.

This is the end of United States. Bush was pretty much an ignorant but at least he never backed up leftist dictators such as Chavez and Manuel Zelaya.

Many billionaires moved their fortunes from USA to Europe since Obama became our president... just because Obama wants to tax more heavily on the rich and reduce the taxes of the middle class.... please...if the rich U.S. Americans move their fortunes to Europe, USA is gonna be economically destroyed. That`s why the Euro currency has been gaining value (more demand) since Obama took office.

Last edited by Eduardo983; 07-16-2009 at 02:52 PM..

Old 07-16-2009, 05:05 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
Obama is a leftist Chavez wanna be. I should not have voted for Obama.

Obama is supporting one of Chavez`s best friends (Manuel Zelaya) so that he can safely return to the presidency of Honduras. The Hondurean people took him out of office because Zelaya wanted to modify the constitution so that he can be the president forever in Honduras (3/4/5 continuous presidency terms). The people of that tiny country defended their constitution when they noticed Zelaya`s intentions, and through a legal court rule they took Zelaya out of the country with the help of the military forces...and now, Obama wants that dictator (Zelaya) in Honduras again.

Obama is obviously a leftist Chavez-Zelaya fanatic.

This is the end of United States. Bush was pretty much an ignorant but at least he never backed up leftist dictators such as Chavez and Manuel Zelaya.

Many billionaires moved their fortunes from USA to Europe since Obama became our president... just because Obama wants to tax more heavily on the rich and reduce the taxes of the middle class.... please...if the rich U.S. Americans move their fortunes to Europe, USA is gonna be economically destroyed. That`s why the Euro currency has been gaining value (more demand) since Obama took office.
I may not agree with all of your post, but I am starting to wonder about Obama as well..........

Flip side: the thought of Caribou Barbie (Sarah Palin) being one heartbeat from the Presidency had McCain won scared me even more.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:16 PM

709 posts, read 1,767,467 times
Quote:
I may not agree with all of your post, but I am starting to wonder about Obama as well..........

Flip side: the thought of Caribou Barbie (Sarah Palin) being one heartbeat from the Presidency had McCain won scared me even more.
I would rather see Sarah Palin as president of the United States than Barack Obama. And this is coming from a guy who is not even a very big fan of Sarah Palin. I am more of a Mike Huckabee, Rudy Giuliani, and Mitt Romney supporter. I think John McCain should have chosen one of those 3 men as his vice presidential running mate.

But if Sarah and Barack were my only 2 choices with no other options, I would choose Sarah even though she is not my ideal candidate. But I have an even lower opinion of Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration