Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 05:47 PM

709 posts, read 1,767,467 times

Advertisements

I would think life would be very hard for an illegal immigrant from Mexico who speaks little to no English that lives in a state like Ohio or Wisconsin for example where the Hispanic population is not that large. So they are overwhelmingly surrounded by English speaking Anglos who do not speak a lick of Spanish.

You can easily get by in Texas or California without ever knowing a single word of English and still live a comfortable normal life, but it would be much harder to do so in states like Ohio and Wisconsin.

I wonder if illegals from South of the border who live in these overwhelmingly lily White English speaking Anglo states ever regret moving there and think that they should have moved to California or Texas instead where there they would be surrounded by alot more members of their raza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 06:05 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,852,462 times
It depends on the dominant political culture in whichever state.

Wisconsin, which is quite liberal, would likely bend over and take it from the illegals. The state government already offers university tuition to illegal aliens so I wouldn't surprised if the state government would later choose to offer even more free benefits to the illegal aliens.

Ohio is a mixed bag but I'd presume yes as well.

Due to the dominant conservative political culture, it'll likely be much harder for illegals to ask for free benefits and services in the Midwest and Southern states (excl. TX).

Old 07-12-2009, 06:09 PM

706 posts, read 940,095 times
That would depend upon whether the state would bend over backwards to accomodate the illegals in order to increase business profits by using cheap labor !

It would appear that that is the case. If it wasn't wouldn't the spread of illegals have been limited rather than as widespread as it has become ?

It may have started out in CA, TX, and AZ....but it has certainly spread out....

bl

Old 07-12-2009, 06:12 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
I would think life would be very hard for an illegal immigrant from Mexico who speaks little to no English that lives in a state like Ohio or Wisconsin for example where the Hispanic population is not that large. So they are overwhelmingly surrounded by English speaking Anglos who do not speak a lick of Spanish.

You can easily get by in Texas or California without ever knowing a single word of English and still live a comfortable normal life, but it would be much harder to do so in states like Ohio and Wisconsin.

I wonder if illegals from South of the border who live in these overwhelmingly lily White English speaking Anglo states ever regret moving there and think that they should have moved to California or Texas instead where there they would be surrounded by alot more members of their raza.
Why would they care? A little money to them is better than zero money they were making back home where their Govt could care less if they live or die.
The US has to make a stand, enforce our borders and stick a finger in the face of the leaders of these Countries and demand they do something for their Countries poor.

Slapping them on the A** and pointing them to the US has got to stop.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:12 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,852,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
That would depend upon whether the state would bend over backwards to accomodate the illegals in order to increase business profits by using cheap labor !

It would appear that that is the case. If it wasn't wouldn't the spread of illegals have been limited rather than as widespread as it has become ?

It may have started out in CA, TX, and AZ....but it has certainly spread out....

bl
That is important as well.

Oklahoma and Mississippi, both of which are quite poor and non-agriculturally productive, have implemented some of the toughest anti-illegal laws in the country.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:39 PM

706 posts, read 940,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
That is important as well.

Oklahoma and Mississippi, both of which are quite poor and non-agriculturally productive, have implemented some of the toughest anti-illegal laws in the country.
Anti......This is a major issue with me...Many states have passed laws designed to reduce the impact of illegals in their communities, only to have those laws undermined by either the local,state or federal authorities to the point that the laws become meaningless as well as costly.
Prop 187 here in California is a classic example....

We can pass all of the laws we want....but if they are all neutered,declawed or rendered useless.....they serve no purpose other than window dressing,much like the unenforced laws that are are already in existence....at all levels.

Regards.
BL

Old 07-12-2009, 08:50 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post

They don't just go somewhere on a whim and a prayer. They are going because another legal amnesty alien from 86, can use them to undercut legal American construction companies, or assembly line and fast food places.

It is the amnestied aliens from 86, that brought the next wave over, and so on-so on, and it bread into what we have today.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:21 PM

640 posts, read 1,732,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They don't just go somewhere on a whim and a prayer. They are going because another legal amnesty alien from 86, can use them to undercut legal American construction companies, or assembly line and fast food places.

It is the non-hispanic American business owners and amnestied aliens from 86, that brought the next wave over , and so on-so on, and it bread into what we have today.
There, I fixed it for you.

It really bugs me that we seem to forget that many of the employers of these people aren't Hispanic at all. Then again, it's easier to dislike people who don't look like you.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:52 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
The non hispanic and hispanic americans, subcontract to the amnestied illegals from 86, that call them over to work.
The reason the "going rates" have been stagnant, or gone down, ever since 86.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:11 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueseas123 View Post
There, I fixed it for you.

It really bugs me that we seem to forget that many of the employers of these people aren't Hispanic at all. Then again, it's easier to dislike people who don't look like you.
I am equally prejudiced against any illegal alien------------irrespective of physical appearance or ethnicity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration