Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 03:36 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
maybe if there weren't millions of illegal hispanics in this country, your family wouldn't be targeted. why are you not angry with them?
Why would I be angry at one ethnicity when illegal immigration problem is all over the world? Why should I be upset that they want a better life? I am angry at the system that let them get a job, encouraged them to apply for home loans, advertised to open bank accounts, advertised to buy a home, gave them a TIN number, let them get food stamps, told them they didn't need to use their broken English because we could learn the language for them and if we didn't know it, we could find someone who would. I'm angry at the system for knowingly, taking advantage of the situation and providing them with sanctuaries so in return businesses could turn lucrative with their cheap labor. That is who I am angry at...not the immigrants. If we would have been doing our job from day one, they would find their way back.

I should not have to pay the price for having the same color of skin when our government created this problem. They are the criminals not me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 03:37 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Yet I never hear 'boo' about American Indians being profiled and/or dark skinned Anglo Whites? Why is that?

Unless because we have nothing to hide as a group and too if it means ridding the USA of the (mostly Mestizo) illegal aliens-------------we take being 'profiled' as a badge of honor.
We is too many. You are anglo and you are priviledged. You are not being profiled!

Old 07-22-2009, 05:34 AM

31 posts, read 46,340 times
Quote:
Yet I never hear 'boo' about American Indians being profiled and/or dark skinned Anglo Whites? Why is that?

Unless because we have nothing to hide as a group and too if it means ridding the USA of the (mostly Mestizo) illegal aliens-------------we take being 'profiled' as a badge of honor.
I have never met any White Americans that were confused for illegal immigrants just based on their physical appearance.

The people who are racially profiled as looking like illegal immgrants just based on their physical appearance alone are the ones who have significant Amerindian ancestry.

Sure 30% of White Americans have on average 2% Amerindian admixture, but 2% is not enough to make somebody have a Mestizo or Indio appearance.

Just like only having 2% European admixture is not going to make somebody have a White appearance.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:24 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Instead...how about not racially profiling people at all and use their knowledge about illegal immigration to target businesses?
When fighting a war............better to make it short and decisive vs. long and drawn out. If it take 'profiling' to do the job----------so be it (if done respectfully).

Many years ago; a friend of mine did receive some flak for being 'American Indian' in the Deep South; one slight problem-----------he was a 100% 'White boy' who happened to be of 1/2 Italian heritage.

So; it is not just your putative 'people of color' (whatever that means) being hassled.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
We is too many. You are anglo and you are priviledged. You are not being profiled!
Yes I have been profiled by law enforcement as well so your point being?

And my original last name was not a stereotypical Anglo one either--------it was quite the shock when someone saw my name in print then met me.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Face Nelson View Post
I have never met any White Americans that were confused for illegal immigrants just based on their physical appearance.

The people who are racially profiled as looking like illegal immgrants just based on their physical appearance alone are the ones who have significant Amerindian ancestry.

Sure 30% of White Americans have on average 2% Amerindian admixture, but 2% is not enough to make somebody have a Mestizo or Indio appearance.

Just like only having 2% European admixture is not going to make somebody have a White appearance.
Some years ago; a gentleman visiting Tucson was 'profiled' by a la raza Cholo since the former was hanging around stereotypical Anglos. Apparently the Vato was quite upset over the fact that a brother 'Chicano' was not toeing the race line.

One slight problem: the visitor was a dark skinned 'White' Englishman----------complete with a British accent. Well, Cholo was pissed and wanted to fight the guy since he had been put in his place............whereupon the Brit's companions stepped forward and warned the Cholo that he was going to be severely injured if he pushed the issue. He backed down.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:27 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,605,751 times

New guidelines lead 3 detained immigrants to be freed..

Looks like Sheriff Joe has to play by the rules now!!

Quote:
Maricopa County Sheriff's deputies witnessed the impact of new federal immigration regulations during the course of a "crime suppression operation" Thursday night in the Southeast Valley, as they were instructed to release three people who were detained.

The three were suspected to be in the country illegally, but because they had committed no other criminal or civil violations, the deputies were instructed by federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents to let the three go free.

The action came months before the deadline for the Sheriff's Office to agree to the new federal regulations.

Thursday night's operation resulted in 48 arrests including nine suspected illegal immigrants who committed a civil-or-criminal violation and the three who were ultimately released.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:26 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Quote:
Beyond sickening to me is also these ICE agents that take the money of tax payers their personal use. Michael J. Kittson and Douglas R Bothof took $55,000 in fraud and bribery. These are only two agents that got caught. Who knows how many got away with it...these corrupt government officials...law brakers...must be in their culture, huh?

KTAR.com - Immigration officials indicted in Ariz.
This is the first I'd heard of this story...but no, I disagree with your remark. What got these two 'bad eggs' in trouble wasn't the culture of their society..it was their own selfishness and willingness to commit a crime, (probably because they 'could'). CULTURE...(that is, the culture of this particular society) is the reason their actions were treated seriously, as a CRIME, and they got 'busted'..instead of the whole thing being treated as a 'tired joke', and a wink. That, at least, is how I define the difference between personal behavior and the mass, widespread culture of a society. Societies vary widely in their concept of 'Law", and in their concept of whether or not those laws mean anything. That's a part of what makes up their culture....and it can be VERY different, depending on who you are, and where you live.

(By the way, just because I LIKE you, Zacatecana, I promise not to try to sound like these two '8-balls' were LURED into committing their misdeeds...that, PLUS the fact that I don't believe that being 'lured' into crime is ever a valid excuse for breraking the law)...

Old 07-24-2009, 09:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
As with anything illegal, you will have a lot of corruption.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:48 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
Poor Joe will have to actually work and find real criminals now, using SKILL! Instead of humiliation, fear and racial profiling.
FIND THEM JOE! Using investigation, find where they work, enforce laws on companies, take CEO's to jail. Walking about asking everyone who is brown to show papers is NOT skillful.

Last edited by Mach50; 07-24-2009 at 10:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration