U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 11:00 AM

1,497 posts, read 4,373,911 times

Advertisements

So far, I can only say Tom Tancredo (R-Colorado) and former governor Mitt Romney are THE only ones going against an amnesty.

Just so you guys have an idea of how ANGRY Americans are about illegal alien amnesties and illegal immigration, check these articles out. You will see why Tancredo got the most applause when speaking in Iowa:

Among the best-received was Rep. Tom Tancredo of Colorado, whose combative rhetoric on illegal immigration has defined his campaign. Without naming the three leading rivals, he hammered them for supporting moves to provide a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants.

However they couch their immigration plans, he said, "I assure you their answer is amnesty. It's always amnesty."

"This is our country," he concluded, drawing a standing ovation. "Take it back."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-gop15apr15,1,523479,full.story?coll=la-headlines-nation&ctrack=2&cset=true (broken link)

And yet another:

In a reflection of the potency of the immigration issue here, Representative Tom Tancredo of Colorado drew some of the loudest applause of the night when he questioned his opponent’s commitment to cracking down on illegal immigrants and said he would never support a measure allowing them to stay in this country.

“I will never grant amnesty to illegal immigrants,” Mr. Tancredo said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/15/us...hp&oref=slogin

As a side note: Giuliani is very popular because of 9/11, but the minute he has to answer any questions about his positions on wanting illegal alien amnesties, or his position of being pro-gay marriage, and anti-gun rights... he is dead.

Do you kow of any other anti-amnesty presidential candidates? Are there ANY Democrats opposed to the amnesty???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2007, 11:09 AM

3,861 posts, read 7,415,098 times
Ron Paul is anti-amnesty but he's too sane and consistent, so he'll never win.

Check out his website http://www.ronpaul.org/.

I think Al Gore is anti-amnesty as well.

Old 04-20-2007, 11:30 AM

90 posts, read 239,959 times
how sad, but true.....that Ron Paul is "too sane or consistent" so he'll never win.....

Old 04-20-2007, 02:19 PM

1,497 posts, read 4,373,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Ron Paul is anti-amnesty but he's too sane and consistent, so he'll never win.

Check out his website http://www.ronpaul.org/.

I think Al Gore is anti-amnesty as well.
Maybe that is 1 thing I like about Al Gore. You know what, maybe he is anti-illegal aliens and anti-amnesty because the aliens have destroyed a lot of the SouthWestern USA by crossing the border and dumping trash.

I like Ron Paul.... but he is too unknown to mainstream America to win.

But you have to admit, when Tancredo steps up in Iowa or anywhere where grassroots organizations are, he gets thundering applause and standing ovations!!

I hope the other dummy candidates will get the message.

Did you see how McCain did not even join Kennedy in the new amnesty push?? He is feeling the heat!!

Old 04-20-2007, 03:03 PM

1,701 posts, read 5,846,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;604870
You know what, maybe he is anti-illegal aliens and anti-amnesty because the aliens have destroyed a lot of the SouthWestern USA by crossing the border and dumping trash.
I think you should stick to gator wrestling, rather then be a spokesperson for cluelessville.

Old 04-20-2007, 03:06 PM

3,042 posts, read 7,938,955 times
Sam Brownback is Great!!! I will vote for him, cant go for Guliani, but I might be persuaded to Mitt. I like Tom Tancredo too

Old 04-20-2007, 03:35 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,874,628 times
One thing is for sure: Everyone who intends to vote for candidates who are against amnesty... MUST be of one mind and vote for "A SINGLE CANDIDATE" to see them elected as our President in 2008.

Old 04-20-2007, 03:55 PM

173 posts, read 371,932 times
The only candidates who are against amnesty that I know of, are Tom Tancredo, Ron Paul, and Duncan Hunter.

All of the other candidates talk about comprehensive immigration, which is nothing but amnesty by another name.

The reason I like Tom Tancredo, is because he said he will close the border. When he says close the border, he means the day after he takes office there will be immediate closure. Unlike the fake border closure of President Bush.

Tom Tancredo said he will see to it that wrongly convicted Border Patrol agents Ramos and Compean will be FREE!!!

He is very strong in international issues.

He is just a breath of fresh air. He is honest, strong, and out spoken, and is easy to understand. Just what we have not had for years, and years, and years.

I am so tired of the pretty boys who run Washington DC with their fake smiles.

I can't wait to see our country become again, the America that has been lost for so long.

If one of these three does not become president, I don't have much hope for this country. It can not survive.

Old 04-20-2007, 04:15 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,874,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryPie View Post
The only candidates who are against amnesty that I know of, are Tom Tancredo, Ron Paul, and Duncan Hunter.

All of the other candidates talk about comprehensive immigration, which is nothing but amnesty by another name.

The reason I like Tom Tancredo, is because he said he will close the border. When he says close the border, he means the day after he takes office there will be immediate closure. Unlike the fake border closure of President Bush.

Tom Tancredo said he will see to it that wrongly convicted Border Patrol agents Ramos and Compean will be FREE!!!

He is very strong in international issues.

He is just a breath of fresh air. He is honest, strong, and out spoken, and is easy to understand. Just what we have not had for years, and years, and years.

I am so tired of the pretty boys who run Washington DC with their fake smiles.

I can't wait to see our country become again, the America that has been lost for so long.

If one of these three does not become president, I don't have much hope for this country. It can not survive.
I agree. None of candidates you mention are in L.A. news, only Romney is sometimes mentioned on news here as a promising Republican candidate.

Old 04-20-2007, 04:16 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,690,837 times
There needs to be a big push soon if we want to see any of them on the ballott.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or