U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 06:32 PM

14,969 posts, read 13,763,873 times

Advertisements

Recorder Community Newspapers > Morris News Bee > News > Morristown’s deputization <br />plan OK’d by feds

Quote:
MORRISTOWN - Morristown has been given federal Department of Homeland Security approval to implement Mayor Donald Cresitellos plan to deputize local police officers to enforce federal immigration laws.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Friday, July 9 that Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has approved an agreement with Morristown police to implement a 287(g) program allowing Morristown and 11 other agencies around the country to be part of the program.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 10:40 PM

60,081 posts, read 30,599,526 times

I wonder if Phoenix and Sheriff Joe is one of the 11??

Old 07-19-2009, 10:56 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,650,441 times
Default The deputies won't have to leave their front porches

Great!...All the new deputies will have to do is sit on their front porches and wait for their landscapers to come by every week.

That's the irony of it all, isn't it?...Like everyone else, they don't want to pay more than $200 per month for their lawncare, and other than that they "don't want to know nothing".

That's the logic of this whole mess, isn't it?

Old 07-20-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Great!...All the new deputies will have to do is sit on their front porches and wait for their landscapers to come by every week.

That's the irony of it all, isn't it?...Like everyone else, they don't want to pay more than $200 per month for their lawncare, and other than that they "don't want to know nothing".

That's the logic of this whole mess, isn't it?

They can DIY, if they can't afford to pay someone else. I thought that is how it has worked since the beginning of time??

Old 07-21-2009, 07:22 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,650,441 times
Default It should be, but it isn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They can DIY, if they can't afford to pay someone else. I thought that is how it has worked since the beginning of time??
Yeah, that's the way it should be...But it isn't.

Everyone ******* about the illegals - But the truth is, almost everyone bitching is also directly or indirectly employing them...Like with lawn services.

And, I am sure that even many of the new deputies, are using them for their lawn care.

If you want to get rid of illegals, start demanding to know who it is that are perfoming the services for you...even washing the dishes at the restaurants that you eat in.

If we start asking questions, those employing them will start thinking....After all, it is the employers who are the real scam artists here...Doing everything off the books (and don't BS us about that...)

Old 07-21-2009, 07:30 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Yeah, that's the way it should be...But it isn't.

Everyone ******* about the illegals - But the truth is, almost everyone bitching is also directly or indirectly employing them...Like with lawn services.

And, I am sure that even many of the new deputies, are using them for their lawn care.

If you want to get rid of illegals, start demanding to know who it is that are perfoming the services for you...even washing the dishes at the restaurants that you eat in.

If we start asking questions, those employing them will start thinking....After all, it is the employers who are the real scam artists here...Doing everything off the books (and don't BS us about that...)
Not me... Infact I threw a contractor off the job when I was building my house because he refused to prove that his non-english speaking employee's were here legally.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:16 PM

410 posts, read 836,558 times
I grew up in the 60's. I had a year round paper route. I shoveled sidewalks and driveways. I mowed lawns every summer. I washed dishes in a restaurant. I "EARNED" the value of a dollar.

Now it's all non english speaking "Gardeners". Paper gets delivered by a guy older than I am driving around a car.We do not eat out, as I enjoy the wife's and my cooking. Now I live in L.A. and don't worry about the snow.

But my gawd, how can kid's be expected to learn those values when non english speaking adults take all the menial, yes I said menial, jobs. Minimum wage is for when you start out working a job with no skills. Just like an apartment should be lived in for three years before you buy a house. Live in an apartment any longer than that and yer throwing money away.

Nope, I don't like it one bit. Time to find Rowdy Yates and have a round up.

Dollar to a doughnut if I tried that **** in a foreign country they would lock me up and then send me back to where I came from. GAURANDAMNEDTEED.

When my neighbors gardner showed up I marched across the street and started asking him some Q's.
Guess what? I no speaka da ingleesh. Told my neighbor I was calling a pal on ICE to come over for breakfast.

She's been mowing that lawn ever since, and it shows. She's lost some weight.

I killed all the grass in my yard front and back and filled it in with rock. Did the work myself cause I enjoy the out doors and I like to stay fit. I've learned the plumbing, electrical and handyman skills it takes to maintain our home in a nice fashion. It ain't flashy, it's comfy and the wife thinks it's "cute". (oh how I hate that word when applied to something I've done) And now our water consumption is down to about 40 gallons a day! In L.A.!

Anywho,

It's time to wake up and do yer damn chores yerself. Or hire a neighbor kid, if he can put his gameboy down long enough.

Just my .45 cents worth.

any change?

Old 07-23-2009, 03:09 PM

380 posts, read 612,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer818 View Post
I grew up in the 60's. I had a year round paper route. I shoveled sidewalks and driveways. I mowed lawns every summer. I washed dishes in a restaurant. I "EARNED" the value of a dollar.

Now it's all non english speaking "Gardeners". Paper gets delivered by a guy older than I am driving around a car.We do not eat out, as I enjoy the wife's and my cooking. Now I live in L.A. and don't worry about the snow.

But my gawd, how can kid's be expected to learn those values when non english speaking adults take all the menial, yes I said menial, jobs. Minimum wage is for when you start out working a job with no skills. Just like an apartment should be lived in for three years before you buy a house. Live in an apartment any longer than that and yer throwing money away.

Nope, I don't like it one bit. Time to find Rowdy Yates and have a round up.

Dollar to a doughnut if I tried that **** in a foreign country they would lock me up and then send me back to where I came from. GAURANDAMNEDTEED.

When my neighbors gardner showed up I marched across the street and started asking him some Q's.
Guess what? I no speaka da ingleesh. Told my neighbor I was calling a pal on ICE to come over for breakfast.

She's been mowing that lawn ever since, and it shows. She's lost some weight.

I killed all the grass in my yard front and back and filled it in with rock. Did the work myself cause I enjoy the out doors and I like to stay fit. I've learned the plumbing, electrical and handyman skills it takes to maintain our home in a nice fashion. It ain't flashy, it's comfy and the wife thinks it's "cute". (oh how I hate that word when applied to something I've done) And now our water consumption is down to about 40 gallons a day! In L.A.!

Anywho,

It's time to wake up and do yer damn chores yerself. Or hire a neighbor kid, if he can put his gameboy down long enough.

Just my .45 cents worth.

any change?
So when you go out to eat do you march into the kitchen of the restaurant to ask the dish washers and cooks if they are legal? When you go to the supermarket do you investigate whether or not the growers of the grapes used illegal immigrants at harvest before you buy them? And are any of the plastic products in your home manufactured by companies who employ illegal immigrants to operate the injection molding machines? If you wear clothes made in the USA are you positive that the sewing was not done by an illegal immigrant? If you don't do these things or investigate the products before you buy them was it then OK for you to "march right accross the street" to question your neighbors landscaper? If it is true that you did question the landscaper while not questioning the businesses and companies you frequent you are a sorry, hypocritical, self-righteous person. But I am getting ahead of myself. Maybe you do question the supermarket and all of the other places I mentioned. I highly doubt it though.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by contachster View Post
And then you woke up and watched the guy cut the grass from your bedroom window, yeah right!
And if what you say happens to be true I am so glad that the guy you reminded me of moved out of my neighborhood. Let me describe him (you) for everyone:

* The smelly guy with black socks pulled up to his knees with shorts on who butts into everyones business in the neighborhood.

*The annoying guy who screams at little kids who mistakenly walk across his lawn (or rocks).

* The pot-bellied bald guy who tries to talk to attractive women in the neighborhood actually thinking he's got a shot.

* The guy who assumed that his neighbors landscaper was an illegal immigrant just because he had brown skin.

* The guy who threatens to call the cops on anyone and everyone in the neighborhood and rat them out.

* The guy who says to people he has friends at ICE or the CIA or the FBI and threatens to have them investigated or tells them to be careful because his best friend, the director of Homeland Security is coming to breakfast tomorrow, but everyone really knows he is really lying and is just an insecure sorry excuse for a virile man.

* He is one of those people who use the word ANYWHO.........

That was actually pretty funny. I can picture that guy.

I think Dan Akroid played that guy in a movie.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:10 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contachster View Post
So when you go out to eat do you march into the kitchen of the restaurant to ask the dish washers and cooks if they are legal? When you go to the supermarket do you investigate whether or not the growers of the grapes used illegal immigrants at harvest before you buy them? And are any of the plastic products in your home manufactured by companies who employ illegal immigrants to operate the injection molding machines? If you wear clothes made in the USA are you positive that the sewing was not done by an illegal immigrant? If you don't do these things or investigate the products before you buy them was it then OK for you to "march right accross the street" to question your neighbors landscaper? If it is true that you did question the landscaper while not questioning the businesses and companies you frequent you are a sorry, hypocritical, self-righteous person. But I am getting ahead of myself. Maybe you do question the supermarket and all of the other places I mentioned. I highly doubt it though.
Frankly; I do not go and ask if the hired help in a place of business is here legally or not.

That stated; if I were to hire a contractor to come onto my property---------I sure as hell would ask if the crew were here legally. Hint: if the 'gang' speaks fluent English---------they are probably OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration