U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 02:21 PM

14 posts, read 32,773 times

Advertisements

La Voz de Aztlan

MEXICA MOVEMENT: Indigenous Liberation for Anahuac

Mexica Uprising - In Support of World Wide Indigenous Revolution

WeHateGringos - WeHateGringos.com

has anyone ever visited these sites?

i wonder about racism in the chicano communties in the u.s.

how strong is this racism? is there a lot of racism because some or many chicanos think that opposition to illegal immigration is racist?

it is not racist to oppose illegal immigration, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 04:34 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,583,137 times
I doubt that it's as bad in most heavily Hispanic communities.

But, if you want to read about a truly ethnocentric, racist & corrupt sanctuary city then just do some research on Maywood, CA.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:36 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
La Voz de Aztlan

MEXICA MOVEMENT: Indigenous Liberation for Anahuac

Mexica Uprising - In Support of World Wide Indigenous Revolution

WeHateGringos - WeHateGringos.com

has anyone ever visited these sites?

i wonder about racism in the chicano communties in the u.s.

how strong is this racism? is there a lot of racism because some or many chicanos think that opposition to illegal immigration is racist?

it is not racist to oppose illegal immigration, right?
Being against illegal immigration is definitely not racist at all.

I am just as prejudiced against illegal Irish, Chinese, Russians, Brits as I am against brown Mexicans.

As for that Chicano claptrap: their hypocrisy screams out loud and clear since they usually do not accept full blood Indians--------Mexican or not. Read that one has to be part White to be a Mestizo/Chicano---------even if the 'sperm donor' raped/impregnated an Aztec, etc. woman several generation back.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:03 PM

709 posts, read 1,542,503 times
Quote:
As for that Chicano claptrap: their hypocrisy screams out loud and clear since they usually do not accept full blood Indians--------Mexican or not. Read that one has to be part White to be a Mestizo/Chicano---------even if the 'sperm donor' raped/impregnated an Aztec, etc. woman several generation back.
That is a bunch of B.S and you know it. George Lopez looks like he could pass for a full blooded Indian, and I haver never heard any Mexican say that George can not be a Chicano because he is too Brown.

Besides Brown skin is alot more common in the Chicano community than milky white pale skin that easily gets sunburned.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:58 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,076,179 times
what?!?!

these mecha college kids strive to be indian! they are all about indigenous this, indigenous that. they let their hair grow long. they dress like them. they claim to be people of the earth. bla bla bla. they welcome indian folks, the dont shun them.

more proof that you know very little about what you talk about.

oh and i never visit those sites. unless you guys point them out. those are mostly garbage websites. with radical extremist views. that is never good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Being against illegal immigration is definitely not racist at all.

I am just as prejudiced against illegal Irish, Chinese, Russians, Brits as I am against brown Mexicans.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:46 PM

14 posts, read 32,773 times
so, that kind of chicano radicalism and racism and ethnocentricism displayed in those websites isn't very common in chicano communities?

Old 07-22-2009, 12:48 PM

it is not common at all.

most people dont think like that.

most hispanic.latino.spanish surnamed folks are not radical like that. those are the extremists.

but even the extremists are very few. very few.

Quote:
so, that kind of chicano radicalism and racism and ethnocentricism displayed in those websites isn't very common in chicano communities?

Old 07-22-2009, 02:05 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,621,702 times
Quote:
Not at all...it's mainly the work of a few young, American-born 'radicals', not the illegal immigrants, NOR the Mexican-American community in general. Most of those who 'listen' to this message are teenagers, or barely in their 20's.

Old 07-22-2009, 03:45 PM

its always those college aged rabble rousers!

what is being forgotten tho, is that the language and propaganda employed by these present day radicals is left over from a point in history that was rife with mistreatment of colored folks (black and brown... native as well).
i dont want to invalidate the tactics or whatever was used back then during the 60's and 70's, i just dont think the circumstances are the same. yes there is still mistreatment of people of color, still lots of "mexicans go home" but not like it was back then.
while the social interactions have changed, the literature might have not. i dont mean to say that scholarly work has not been created around identity and race and politics. but rather that these old handbooks are still used as starting points. and when thats the case you are def starting on the wrong foot.

luckily these radicals are very few. and not mainstream. and usually grow out of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Not at all...it's mainly the work of a few young, American-born 'radicals', not the illegal immigrants, NOR the Mexican-American community in general. Most of those who 'listen' to this message are teenagers, or barely in their 20's.

Old 07-22-2009, 03:49 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,621,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
its always those college aged rabble rousers!

luckily these radicals are very few. and not mainstream. and usually grow out of it.
..some even go on to become mayors of large American cities...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration