U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 01:06 PM

14,969 posts, read 13,766,418 times

Advertisements

Illegal immigration, a problem no one wants to solve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 02:25 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
I don't know if 'no one wants to solve' this...but it's pretty obvious to me that powerful interests, who exert all the political force at their disposal they can possibly exert, in order that illegal immigration be allowed to continue...(because "illegals work HARDER than Americans"....and because business "can't AFFORD to hire, or pay, Americans"....and who admire illegals because "they are happy to work under unsafe, or unappealing, or unpleasant conditions"...)....would hardly want to now suddenly LEGALIZE these 'hungry, compliant' workers. If they did THAT, these dependable illegals would be LEGAL...and then they'd no longer be willing to work cheap...or without benefits..or even to work 'extra hard'. In fact, if illegals were LEGALIZED, they'd just be another grumpy, whiny group of American workers....and what business man in his right mind would want THAT? What 'powerful interest' would possibly stand to benefit from this?

Newly amnestized illegals would suddenly be immune from being 'exploited'...and there would go most of their appeal to Big Business.

So you're right...many people express 'concern' for illegals...but not all of them are 'friends' of illegals...and some of them are probably liars.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:41 PM

60,150 posts, read 30,614,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post

They have not asked me if I want the job!!!

No one??? This would be easy. They just have to want to do it and not let money buy off the laws.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:07 PM

804 posts, read 1,174,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They have not asked me if I want the job!!!

No one??? This would be easy. They just have to want to do it and not let money buy off the laws.
I guess they should have added ... no one "with the power to solve it"...

Old 07-21-2009, 03:17 PM

943 posts, read 2,707,182 times
Default A new group of illegals would take their place!!

Good points but if the current illegal aliens became legal most of them would still have no English skills, education or ability to do much of anything except grunt work. But you are right many would become cocky and not so eager to please anymore. Employers would push the US Government to open the border again to a new group of illegal workers who would flood to America with the understanding that they could become legal and US Citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I don't know if 'no one wants to solve' this...but it's pretty obvious to me that powerful interests, who exert all the political force at their disposal they can possibly exert, in order that illegal immigration be allowed to continue...(because "illegals work HARDER than Americans"....and because business "can't AFFORD to hire, or pay, Americans"....and who admire illegals because "they are happy to work under unsafe, or unappealing, or unpleasant conditions"...)....would hardly want to now suddenly LEGALIZE these 'hungry, compliant' workers. If they did THAT, these dependable illegals would be LEGAL...and then they'd no longer be willing to work cheap...or without benefits..or even to work 'extra hard'. In fact, if illegals were LEGALIZED, they'd just be another grumpy, whiny group of American workers....and what business man in his right mind would want THAT? What 'powerful interest' would possibly stand to benefit from this?

Newly amnestized illegals would suddenly be immune from being 'exploited'...and there would go most of their appeal to Big Business.

So you're right...many people express 'concern' for illegals...but not all of them are 'friends' of illegals...and some of them are probably liars.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:35 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
I guess they should have added ... no one "with the power to solve it"...
....yes.....

Old 07-21-2009, 05:51 PM

85 posts, read 121,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
Good points but if the current illegal aliens became legal most of them would still have no English skills, education or ability to do much of anything except grunt work. But you are right many would become cocky and not so eager to please anymore. Employers would push the US Government to open the border again to a new group of illegal workers who would flood to America with the understanding that they could become legal and US Citizens.
...and with all the wonderful perks of being a U.S. citizen... one of which is to pay taxes legally and fully (yeah, that'll be the day). Doncha think we have enough illiterate folks in this country already without importing another generation???

Old 06-17-2010, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,130 times
Land of prosperity, of hope.
All lost to opression.
Keep him seated,
let him feel the drought,
the emptiness of his mouth.
Cracked lips licked by fluidless
necesities.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:09 PM

40 posts, read 35,336 times
My response.

YouTube - LEGAL Atlanta Residents Rush to Get Work After Resort Fires Illegals

People will work!

Old 06-17-2010, 06:16 PM

364 posts, read 184,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody know the struggle View Post
Land of prosperity, of hope.
All lost to opression.
Keep him seated,
let him feel the drought,
the emptiness of his mouth.
Cracked lips licked by fluidless
necesities.
huh?
mexico aint poor
maybe you mean haiti
that place is poor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or