U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 06:12 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,078,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
They need to take the issue up with their illegal alien parents since they are the ones who placed them in this situation.

They are not Americans and this is not their country. They belong in the country where they have citizenship. I am confident they will make a successful adjustment to life in their home country. They are not US citizens and there is simply no reason that they must attend college in the US.
For the previous post...hopefully you were joking...since obviously I was not literally telling him to go.

Secondly, do you pay for your parent's mistakes? I don't...

Thirdly, again...I never thought I would meet a person so well versed on how people react to moving to a completely different environment and changing all of their life plans. In previous arguments you stated (I'm paraphrasing) that essentially you should not have your life planned as a person entering into college. Well, then what's the purpose of going to college? Obviously you enter with a plan. So let's not derail said plan... There is no LOGICAL, non arbritrary reason that they shouldn't be able to obtain a post secondary education here.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:28 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,711,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
For the previous post...hopefully you were joking...since obviously I was not literally telling him to go.

Secondly, do you pay for your parent's mistakes? I don't...

Thirdly, again...I never thought I would meet a person so well versed on how people react to moving to a completely different environment and changing all of their life plans. In previous arguments you stated (I'm paraphrasing) that essentially you should not have your life planned as a person entering into college. Well, then what's the purpose of going to college? Obviously you enter with a plan. So let's not derail said plan... There is no LOGICAL, non arbritrary reason that they shouldn't be able to obtain a post secondary education here.
Yes there is and it is the most logical reason in the world. They are in the US ILLEGALLY. Once again, there are perfectly satisfactory colleges in Mexico that cost very little to attend. I am sure the situation is similar in other countries. They simply do not have to attend school in the US.

They may indeed be upset because they have to change their plans. I can relate. Myself and many other US citizens never planned on having millions of illegals dumped in our laps. They pay for the mistakes of their parents, I pay for the mistakes of idiots like Ted Kennedy. That's life.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Yes there is and it is the most logical reason in the world. They are in the US ILLEGALLY. Once again, there are perfectly satisfactory colleges in Mexico that cost very little to attend. I am sure the situation is similar in other countries. They simply do not have to attend school in the US.

They may indeed be upset because they have to change their plans. I can relate. Myself and many other US citizens never planned on having millions of illegals dumped in our laps. They pay for the mistakes of their parents, I pay for the mistakes of idiots like Ted Kennedy. That's life.
So again no LOGICAL NON-ARBITRARY reason to uproot their lives. Got it.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Their lives were uprooted when their parents brought them to the US illegally if they were older than 5 or 6. If your goal is to avoid disruption of anyone's life then perhaps you should devote yourself to telling illegals to stay in their home countries.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Their lives were uprooted when their parents brought them to the US illegally if they were older than 5 or 6. If your goal is to avoid disruption of anyone's life then perhaps you should devote yourself to telling illegals to stay in their home countries.
What disruption have they caused you? These college students do anything to you?

What's with 5 or 6? Actually, their lives psychologically would not be terribly uprooted since you have plasticity at a younger age.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:27 PM

14,969 posts, read 13,768,384 times
Quote:
What's with 5 or 6? Actually, their lives psychologically would not be terribly uprooted since you have plastiticity at a younger age.
That was her point. Her point was that children younger than 5 or 6 would have more plasticity than those who were say, 5 or 6, or older.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
That was her point. Her point was that children younger than 5 or 6 would have more plasticity than those who were say, 5 or 6, or older.
Sorry read too quickly...regardless, it still begs the question what personal disruption has she had with those trying to obtain an education?

Old 07-23-2009, 08:31 PM

14,969 posts, read 13,768,384 times
Quote:
Sorry read too quickly...regardless, it still begs the question what personal disruption has she had with those trying to obtain an education?
I can't speak for andreabeth, but I have a problem with it because my money helps to fund it. I have a problem with it because they are taking up space and money that could be used on AMERICAN students. I'm on the AMERICANS' side, unlike you pro-illegals.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
What disruption have they caused you? These college students do anything to you?

What's with 5 or 6? Actually, their lives psychologically would not be terribly uprooted since you have plasticity at a younger age.
Look, the chances are real good that I have been paying for their schooling, their medical care, their free lunch and breakfast, etc. ever since their illegal parents brought them to the US. I am tired of it.

The simple fact that one has lived in a country for a number of years does not mean that person can then stay in that country for the rest of their lives. Especially if they are not even supposed to be here in the first place. If an American banker works in London for 10 years, at the end of that 10 years do you think the British government would simply allow him to stay there forever because he wants to? I strongly suspect he would be told that if he wants to become a British citizen, he needs to return to the US and begin the application process- just like everyone else who wishes to become a citizen of Britain. The fact that he has lived there for a long time, has paid taxes, owns a home, has friends there and likes Britain better than the US is not going to get him a pass. Nor should it.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:05 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
You are grasping at straws there................

If here illegally------------leave! That bit about uprooting said illegals' lives is certainly not my problem as an American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or