U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 06:40 PM

10,010 posts, read 11,469,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Anti-illegal immigration and anti-immigration are NOT the same. You pro-illegals sicken me sometimes. You really do.
They have very few cards to deal!!!

Old 07-24-2009, 08:01 PM

3,536 posts, read 3,328,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Your saying in 5 years the population of illegal aliens has gone down?

Maybe the last 6 months, but there are still double what there was 5 years ago, what ever figure you want to put on it.

Even figuring that ¼ of the illegal aliens are women, each having just one kid in that 5 years, now figure those having a kid every year, in those 5 years and you may see a more realistic number.

Now lets take that number back 23 years, since the last Sham-nasty, in `86.... YIKES!!
I don't believe I said anything of the sort...actually the implication was (if you read the comment) was that the increases would not be double in 5 years.

Umm...you're not factoring in emigration, also your numbers have HUGE holes in them. The assumption being that constantly 1/8 of the ENTIRE illegal immigrant population is pregnant...so that it is possible during certain times, 1/4 of the ENTIRE illegal immigrant population is pregnant (or half the women). This is absurd.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I do my research and actuallly post link to information I find, where's yours?

And here is what you wrote that I questioned

"Actually, no everyone that is here"

before that you said everyone here deserves an education and such.
Well the research you provide is usually linked to biased, non-academic sites...or contains a good deal of opinion and fact.

BTW, only typing "What?" it is hard to infer what you are trying to question.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
It was just a follow up on the link Nea1, posted.

Yes, I compare them to rabbits and wild hogs. Varmints of American society.
From the mildest to the most extreme. Thus, rabbit to hogs reference.
That's great to know that you are such an intelligent person that has the maturity to not digress into calling other groups names.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Anti-illegal immigration and anti-immigration are NOT the same. You pro-illegals sicken me sometimes. You really do.
See, the term "pro-illegal" implies that we WANT illegal immigration. Of course not. I feel that the issue is more complex than "pro" or "anti".

Since it is more complex, and requires some comprimise to actually do anything...being sickened is the kind of sentiment that really keeps the issue from obtaining a resolution of sorts.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:26 PM

10,010 posts, read 11,469,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Well the research you provide is usually linked to biased, non-academic sites...or contains a good deal of opinion and fact.

BTW, only typing "What?" it is hard to infer what you are trying to question.
And where is your research?

And BTW you could try to be a little less rude, all you had to do was ask me what my what was for.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:35 PM

26,230 posts, read 9,508,944 times
Quote:
That's great to know that you are such an intelligent person that has the maturity to not digress into calling other groups names.

Me too! Glad I'm intelligent enough, not to fall for your twist of the context.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:43 PM

26,230 posts, read 9,508,944 times
Quote:
See, the term "pro-illegal" implies that we WANT illegal immigration. Of course not. I feel that the issue is more complex than "pro" or "anti".

Since it is more complex, and requires some comprimise to actually do anything...being sickened is the kind of sentiment that really keeps the issue from obtaining a resolution of sorts.

Anti illegal alien, is very different than anti-immigration all together.
Pro-illegal alien, means your all for free and open Borders, as if Mexico a 3rd world country and the USA, were one big happy family.

You sure have a unique spin, using double-back talk.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
And where is your research?

And BTW you could try to be a little less rude, all you had to do was ask me what my what was for.
You could have been a bit clearer.

As for my research...well I showed you an article from the Washington Post. I paraphrased comments from a Penn professor, I also pulled things from the American Sociological Review, The Pew Hispanic Center, Journal of Population Economics, American Journal of Agriculture Economics, proff. Winnant of UCSB, Annual Review of Sociology, NPR, CIS, and even FAIR (need to know what the other side of the argument is thinking). I read scholarly works and formulate an opinion based on these works. Also much of the information was provided by symposiums and classes on Southern California history (UC Riverside), racial dynamics and urban structure (UC Riverside)...So you can see the opinions I formulate are from a VARIETY of sources...maybe I should add more quotations, but I feel that it would muddy the posts. All of this available via JSTOR.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
It was just a follow up on the link Nea1, posted.

Yes, I compare them to rabbits and wild hogs. Varmints of American society.
From the mildest to the most extreme. Thus, rabbit to hogs reference.
Your admission, not my "twist of context". BTW...the latest post you posted really makes no sense. It would had I said "anti-immigration" Notice I didn't. Also I never stated that I am for "happy open borders". So I really don't understand what you are typing to be perfectly honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration