U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 07:42 PM

2,914 posts, read 4,154,799 times

Advertisements

He's in Alabama. Put him to work on the roads in a chain-gang, make him pay his own way instead of the tax-payers. Where is Joe when he's needed? In AZ, of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 07:55 PM

804 posts, read 1,174,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Kindly show me where I said anything about killing them.
Your post was in response to a post made by the "The one", where The one gave an alternative to the ridiculous idea of capital punishment introduced by tinman01, and supported by ArizonaBear. In your post you questioned his logic, therefore suggesting that his alternative was not a reasonable alternative to capital punishment, without even providing an alternative yourself.

I guess I was wrong at giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming that you had actually read the previous posts in the thread before producing an opinion.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:58 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Your post was in response to a post made by the "The one", where The one gave an alternative to the ridiculous idea of capital punishment introduced by tinman01, and supported by ArizonaBear. In your post you questioned his logic, therefore suggesting that his alternative was not a reasonable alternative to capital punishment, without even providing an alternative yourself.

I guess I was wrong at giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming that you had actually read the previous posts in the thread before producing an opinion.
I have a more 'humane' option here:

How about copying/pasting Singapore's method of dealing with illegal aliens into US law? Simply have them flogged with a rattan cane prior to their deportation. Trust me............the mere thought of that would spook most of 'em into leaving ASAP

Old 07-23-2009, 08:02 PM

804 posts, read 1,174,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have a more 'humane' option here:

How about copying/pasting Singapore's method of dealing with illegal aliens into US law? Simply have them flogged with a rattan cane prior to their deportation. Trust me............the mere thought of that would spook most of 'em into leaving ASAP
And then you question IA's moral compass?

Old 07-23-2009, 08:05 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post

Who says I have to provide an alternative?

Old 07-24-2009, 10:40 AM

380 posts, read 612,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
none of this is ever going to happen. All of this has been looked at, talked about, argued over ad infinitum, and nothing is going to happen with this problem. The poster wasnt serious about killing someone over this. I think he is just frustrated that nothing is ever done about it. Lighten up, folks.
Can you enlighten me as to how you have deduced that the poster was not serious? Unless you have spoken to him on another forum and are aware of opinions of his that others on this board are not, all you are doing is guessing, at best. To paraphrase, he asked if there are others who share his opinion that the illegal immigrant should be killed? It is possible that he was trying to be satirical but we cannot assume that from his post because he only made a simple straightforward statement. So unless he expands on his idea with another post it should be taken at face value, which is always the sane and proper thing to do in a debate-type conversation.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:26 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
well if you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem.

thats been my biggest gripe about this forum. too many complainers. not enough ideas or solutions. reasonable solutions that can be taken to the movers and shakers.

yall are too busy running around huffing and puffing about illegals to think things thru.

such reactionism.

let me guess, are yall gunna request the ICE be in NJ for the Mexico/USA match this weekend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Who says I have to provide an alternative?

Old 07-24-2009, 03:47 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
well if you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem.

thats been my biggest gripe about this forum. too many complainers. not enough ideas or solutions. reasonable solutions that can be taken to the movers and shakers.

yall are too busy running around huffing and puffing about illegals to think things thru.

such reactionism.

let me guess, are yall gunna request the ICE be in NJ for the Mexico/USA match this weekend?

You have no clue as to what anyone does outside of this message forum.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:24 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post

:

Your "biggest gripe is that there are too many complainers"? Hmmm.....What's your SECOND biggest gripe....and your THIRD? AS for ME, my main complaint is that too many of us have so many gripes.

I'd tell you more, but that might sound like I was whining.....and then you might have an even BIGGER gripe....and start complaining about ME..

Old 07-24-2009, 05:00 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Your "biggest gripe is that there are too many complainers"? Hmmm.....What's your SECOND biggest gripe....and your THIRD? AS for ME, my main complaint is that too many of us have so many gripes.

I'd tell you more, but that might sound like I was whining.....and then you might have an even BIGGER gripe....and start complaining about ME..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or