U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-23-2009, 08:34 AM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 13,763,873 times
Reputation: 4539

Advertisements

Ala. traffic stop nets Mexico native with 28 deportations | Immigration | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/special/immigration/6539382.html - broken link)

Quote:
DOTHAN, Ala. — An Alabama judge set a $20,000 cash bond for a native of Mexico who reportedly has been deported from the United States 28 times.

Houston County Sheriff's Sgt. Jackie Smith said he charged Luis Hernandez-Arellano, 38, with felony obstruction of justice last week for giving deputies false identification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-23-2009, 08:41 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17687
He needs deported, to the South Pole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2009, 08:45 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Is it me or should we just take him out back and put him down once and for all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2009, 10:02 AM
 
380 posts, read 612,066 times
Reputation: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Is it me or should we just take him out back and put him down once and for all?
Could you expand on your suggestion with a little more information? There is nothing about your post to indicate that you are not serious so I am taking your words at face value. After how many deportations would you suggest murdering an illegal immigrant without a trial or due process? One, five, perhaps twenty? And who is going to bear the cost of shipping his body back to his native country, or do you suggest it just be discarded in the nearest trash receptacle? Who is the "WE" you are talking about? Do you belong to a vigilante anti-illegal immigrant group? And if you do, I am guessing that they are also posters on this forum because you are addressing them directly. Or is the "WE" American citizens, or just the readers of your posts? Are you suggesting a firing squad, hanging, stabbing, bludgeoning, garrotte-wire strangle, suffocation, or other type of blunt force trauma infliction? When you propose an idea on a political forum people want to hear specifics so they can either support your proposal, suggest ammendments to it, or perhaps oppose it. I will suspend my own judgement until you spell out the specifics of your plan.

An estimable fellow poster,
Contachster
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2009, 10:07 AM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 13,763,873 times
Reputation: 4539
Tinman, I hope you are joking.

I want them to be sent home and kept out of the country. I certainly do NOT want them dead and I hardly think illegal immigration is a crime that warrants capital punishment. A prison term - absolutely. Death? No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2009, 11:18 AM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
Reputation: 2244
such a garbage post, but conta handled you pretty well...

so do tell squeaky, what ever do you mean?


instead of vomitting such idiocy, lets look at ways to ensure that this doesnt happen again.
how can he go deported so many times and still come back? who dropped the ball so many times? is their no intra state database that tracks repeat offenders. what biometric information is catalogued on this guy?

these ultra repeat offenders can either go to jail or be chipped. their choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Is it me or should we just take him out back and put him down once and for all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2009, 11:23 AM
 
4 posts, read 10,162 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Is it me or should we just take him out back and put him down once and for all?
The repeat offender should be sent to a federal prison (after he is afforded a fair trial first, of course) because any other criminal receives a punishment for breaking a law and then is hopefully deterred from repeating the same crime. He keeps commiting the same offense because there are no consequences for his crimes. Give him a few years in a federal prison and then deport him, and see if he tries it again.

This is my first time visiting this website because someone told me it was an informative place to debate controversial political issues in a mature way. Because of the post I have quoted I may have been mis-informed. Is this sort of post the norm here? I know you get whackos on all websites but I ask because he has made a lot of posts and has gotten a lot of reputation points which means he is not considered a troller.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2009, 11:25 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
such a garbage post, but conta handled you pretty well...

so do tell squeaky, what ever do you mean?


instead of vomitting such idiocy, lets look at ways to ensure that this doesnt happen again.
how can he go deported so many times and still come back? who dropped the ball so many times? is their no intra state database that tracks repeat offenders. what biometric information is catalogued on this guy?

these ultra repeat offenders can either go to jail or be chipped. their choice.
Frankly: being caught illegally above a certain number of times in the USA should be grounds for capital punishment---------or at least life in prison with no chance of parole.

Hernandez-Arellano is a danger to society IMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2009, 11:36 AM
 
Location: NYC
471 posts, read 855,645 times
Reputation: 294
Ashenden,
Don't be discouraged. Unfortunately, the Illegal immigration side of the politics forum is not the best place for discussion. Here is more like a mud wrestle match. Often you will see very off color, racist and mean things said here. However, you may want to try looking into the great debates section or the main politics forum. The general politics forum can get a little childish at times, but for the most part there are plenty educated debates going on with less "hate". I wish I could say the same about the illegal immigration forum but unfortunately here, even if you are against illegal immigration if you try to argue that these are people and not animals you get attacked and picked on like a freshmen on a high school full of bullies. This is the main reason why I stopped posting on this side of the website. We need more informed and mature people, don’t be discouraged over this as there are plenty other people here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashenden View Post
The repeat offender should be sent to a federal prison (after he is afforded a fair trial first, of course) because any other criminal receives a punishment for breaking a law and then is hopefully deterred from repeating the same crime. He keeps commiting the same offense because there are no consequences for his crimes. Give him a few years in a federal prison and then deport him, and see if he tries it again.

This is my first time visiting this website because someone told me it was an informative place to debate controversial political issues in a mature way. Because of the post I have quoted I may have been mis-informed. Is this sort of post the norm here? I know you get whackos on all websites but I ask because he has made a lot of posts and has gotten a lot of reputation points which means he is not considered a troller.

Last edited by gf1025; 07-23-2009 at 11:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2009, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
804 posts, read 1,174,645 times
Reputation: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashenden View Post
The repeat offender should be sent to a federal prison (after he is afforded a fair trial first, of course) because any other criminal receives a punishment for breaking a law and then is hopefully deterred from repeating the same crime. He keeps commiting the same offense because there are no consequences for his crimes. Give him a few years in a federal prison and then deport him, and see if he tries it again.

This is my first time visiting this website because someone told me it was an informative place to debate controversial political issues in a mature way. Because of the post I have quoted I may have been mis-informed. Is this sort of post the norm here? I know you get whackos on all websites but I ask because he has made a lot of posts and has gotten a lot of reputation points which means he is not considered a troller.
There are quite a few here with very radical views on both sides, but mainly in the anti- side. But from time to time you get to see some sort of constructive debate. Like any other site you have to learn who are the posters who can generally be ignored. Kind of like the one in the following post. Who also advocates for the death penalty for IA who have been caught several times, or at least, like it's a small punishment, life in prison with no chance of parole. Specially since he got caught at a traffic stop, and not commiting a crime.


Again, like any other site, ignore the radicals and focus on the people who are trying to have a civil debate. We probably could use a moderator who sanctions posters who spew out hate, and unreasonable stances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Frankly: being caught illegally above a certain number of times in the USA should be grounds for capital punishment---------or at least life in prison with no chance of parole.

Hernandez-Arellano is a danger to society IMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top