U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Should illegal immigration without prior deportation(s) be a crime?
Yes 42 93.33%
No 3 6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-24-2009, 07:08 AM
 
Location: SW Kansas
1,787 posts, read 3,350,005 times
Reputation: 1401

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
And put them all in pink underwear and in tent cities. No need to build special detention centers down near the border... house them in tents in the middle of the desert (in Maricopa County so they "belong" to Sheriff Joe). And, feed them green bologna - if that's what the inmates are having today.
Sounds like a plan to me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-24-2009, 12:58 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,627,052 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
And put them all in pink underwear and in tent cities. No need to build special detention centers down near the border... house them in tents in the middle of the desert (in Maricopa County so they "belong" to Sheriff Joe). And, feed them green bologna - if that's what the inmates are having today.
GREEN BOLOGNA?....PLEASE...lighten up here just a bit. These folks are illegal immigrants..they're NOT in the Navy. I'm no fan of illegal immigration, but unpalatable food is going a little 'overboard', don't you think? You REALLY want to treat these people as if they were in the military? Don't you think that's a little harsh?....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2009, 01:04 PM
 
Location: central Oregon
1,856 posts, read 2,029,454 times
Reputation: 2382
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
GREEN BOLOGNA?....PLEASE...lighten up here just a bit. These folks are illegal immigrants..they're NOT in the Navy. I'm no fan of illegal immigration, but unpalatable food is going a little 'overboard', don't you think? You REALLY want to treat these people as if they were in the military? Don't you think that's a little harsh?....
This is NOT harsh! Hell, I've had brothers locked up in Joe's tents who were actually served green bologna... this has nothing to do with the Navy.
Read up on Sheriff Joe... he's been known to give the inmates some really bizarre foods. (anyone remember the ostrich meat?)
If giving nasty food is ok for our own people, then hell yes, serve it to the illegals too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2009, 01:07 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,627,052 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
This is NOT harsh! Hell, I've had brothers locked up in Joe's tents who were actually served green bologna... this has nothing to do with the Navy.
Read up on Sheriff Joe... he's been known to give the inmates some really bizarre foods. (anyone remember the ostrich meat?)
If giving nasty food is ok for our own people, then hell yes, serve it to the illegals too!
Aye aye....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2009, 01:26 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,783,393 times
Reputation: 22171
I think it's already a crime to be here illegally but it's only a misdemeanor. I think it should depend on other factors. If the illegal is near the border itself or well into the country, what other crimes he is committing such as fraudulent document fraud and ID theft. If someone sneaks over to visit someone, it's different than someone working here illegally, and someone working here without committing document fraud or theft is different than someone who is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2009, 04:03 AM
 
Location: The Wine Country, CA
807 posts, read 1,117,816 times
Reputation: 302
I Voted Yes as well.. however, I agree with Reads2Much's idea that U.S. taxpayer money should NOT be spent on incarcerating illegal aliens whom are essentially their OWN country's problem.. They should be tracked as sex offenders are tracked in some states..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2009, 10:08 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 19,041,278 times
Reputation: 18436
I think the home countries of these illegal immigrants should be fined for each catch. First time caught, a criminal offense, processed, warned, and immediately deported. Home country severely fined. Penalties and fines rise with each offense. No way should an illegal imiigrant be allowed to stay just because they had kids here either. All are deported.

Illegal immigration obviously out of hand now. Either we open up the borders or get serious about the penalties. If the home countries are burdened with penalties to the extent that it is disruptive to them, then they will impose those appropriate measures to control their own people. We for instance might not impose a death penalty for a second offense, but Mexico might if the fine for second offenders was such that repeat offenders would be too much of a burden on them. Same with China or any other country whose citizens feel they can come here illegally.

Last edited by LexusNexus; 07-26-2009 at 10:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2009, 02:08 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,783,393 times
Reputation: 22171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I think the home countries of these illegal immigrants should be fined for each catch. First time caught, a criminal offense, processed, warned, and immediately deported. Home country severely fined. Penalties and fines rise with each offense. No way should an illegal imiigrant be allowed to stay just because they had kids here either. All are deported.

Illegal immigration obviously out of hand now. Either we open up the borders or get serious about the penalties. If the home countries are burdened with penalties to the extent that it is disruptive to them, then they will impose those appropriate measures to control their own people. We for instance might not impose a death penalty for a second offense, but Mexico might if the fine for second offenders was such that repeat offenders would be too much of a burden on them. Same with China or any other country whose citizens feel they can come here illegally.
Kinky Friedman had a good plan. Give Mexican army generals a certain amount of money to keep illegals from crossing over the border into the USA and for every illegal found in the USA, this amount would be decreased by several thousands of dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2009, 03:08 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 19,041,278 times
Reputation: 18436
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Kinky Friedman had a good plan. Give Mexican army generals a certain amount of money to keep illegals from crossing over the border into the USA and for every illegal found in the USA, this amount would be decreased by several thousands of dollars.
There you go. Give them incentive to enforce the laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2009, 03:08 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,496,636 times
Reputation: 47457
illegal immigration is a crime, no need to criminalize it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top