U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 07:05 PM

706 posts, read 795,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Haha, sorry, I had been talking with someone else about the right to bear arms, since I moved from Texas to Michigan not to long ago. ( BTW here is even illegal to carry a Taser..)

I meant the 14th amendment.
Thanks for the response.......

I thought for awhile that I really needed meds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 06:00 AM

12,870 posts, read 12,770,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Ridiculous, indeed. "Closing a hospital" mentioned in the same thread as "illegal immigration"? Ridiculous....AND presposterous, as well...
what is ridiculous is expecting taxpayers to pay for illegal immigrant mothers to come to this country, at the request of this hospital, so that their children get all benefits bestowed on working americans! THIS HOSPITAL IS NO DIFFERENT THAN AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT EMPLOYER AND SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN.

you can be assured that there will be another hospital to take its place since that is how it works in this country.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:40 AM

another story on this hospital:

in addition, Lourdes Monteverde, the director at El Centro de Visitantes de Tucson, said their agency in Hermosillo is working to fund a new shuttle service from Mexico to bring visitors to medical centers in Tucson.

A packaged weekend trip, for example, is in the works that will give discounted wellness exams for women at Tucson Medical Center.

“We’re trying not only to get them to go to Tucson, but to stay there and spend more time and have medical services and personal services like going to a spa,” Monteverde said.

they are bringing illegals across the border and giving them discounted wellness exams, as well.

keep in mind, this is a nonprofit which means they receive funding from medicaid, i.e., the taxpayers.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:57 PM

1,856 posts, read 2,025,067 times
Floridasandy, this is from the article:
"The packages are not tailored to the poor; a hospital spokesperson told the Star that some of its customers arrive on private jets. Although the packages aren't cheap (they range from $2,300 to $4,600), how much do you suppose an American citizenship is worth?"

This is NOT for the illegals...it's for the wealthy or those with means to pay. However, these fees are damn cheap and NOT offered to Americans.
I think this whole thing sucks and should NOT be offered to anyone from anywhere in the world. US citizenship should NOT be a commodity sold to the rest of the world.
There have been other threads about this and it sickens me each and every time I read about this.

Old 07-25-2009, 03:43 PM

23,599 posts, read 31,135,299 times
Quote:
Not a bad idea, now that you mention it....and after that, how about two cars, a fulfilling job, respectful kids, a devoted spouse, stunning good looks, and a weed-free lawn that never needs mowing. After all, don't we ALL deserve it?....and aren't we all pretty much the same, regardless of our circumstances of birth?....why should only US citizens reap the benefits of US citizenship?....
I am a US citizen and have none of those things. Where is mine?

Old 07-25-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
Floridasandy, this is from the article:
"The packages are not tailored to the poor; a hospital spokesperson told the Star that some of its customers arrive on private jets. Although the packages aren't cheap (they range from $2,300 to $4,600), how much do you suppose an American citizenship is worth?"

This is NOT for the illegals...it's for the wealthy or those with means to pay. However, these fees are damn cheap and NOT offered to Americans.
I think this whole thing sucks and should NOT be offered to anyone from anywhere in the world. US citizenship should NOT be a commodity sold to the rest of the world.
There have been other threads about this and it sickens me each and every time I read about this.
my post was poorly worded but the intent was that mexicans (including illegal mexicans) are being targeted to come to an american hospital for either free or discounted services while americans have to pay full price.

the plan to give away free citizenship to the children just so this hospital can receive taxpayer funds for the childbirth is truly sickening to american taxpayers. this hospital is a disgrace!

Old 07-25-2009, 08:50 PM

1,856 posts, read 2,025,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
my post was poorly worded but the intent was that mexicans (including illegal mexicans) are being targeted to come to an american hospital for either free or discounted services while americans have to pay full price.

the plan to give away free citizenship to the children just so this hospital can receive taxpayer funds for the childbirth is truly sickening to american taxpayers. this hospital is a disgrace!
I'm hearin' ya! No woman - from whatever country - should be allowed to buy into or receive free citizenship for their babies in this country.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:45 PM

467 posts, read 1,056,132 times
Quote:
Not a bad idea, now that you mention it....and after that, how about two cars, a fulfilling job, respectful kids, a devoted spouse, stunning good looks, and a weed-free lawn that never needs mowing. After all, don't we ALL deserve it?....and aren't we all pretty much the same, regardless of our circumstances of birth?....why should only US citizens reap the benefits of US citizenship?....
So I guess you don't mind if they move in with you? Let say we move about 5 family in with you so you can take care of them. Oh, what did you say...."that just won't do?"

Well, that's what's been going on for the last 10 years. All of the tax payers are paying for service to help cloth them, feed them, educate them and get them medical care. You might as well let them live with you.

Unfortunately, all 1million illegals in Phoenx can't live in your house. You are helping along with my tax dollars to take care of all of this for them.

Now, it time for someone, maybe me, to run for office to stop this invasion. I 'm Hispanic and I am feed up with the lack to help from our politicians to get the job done. Maybe in order to get this taken care of, we need to "Fight fire, with fire!"

I am thinking about running for my district to get the job done. And one thing that we need to do first is take care of this "anchor baby" clause in the law. NO citizenship for undocumented workers. If you are not a citzen of this country....YOU HAVE NO RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go through the legal channels like everyone has done to get citizenship, then you can have all the kids you want.

Drop this clause in the law and they will not come here, plan and simple.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:09 PM

804 posts, read 1,174,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head coach View Post
So I guess you don't mind if they move in with you? Let say we move about 5 family in with you so you can take care of them. Oh, what did you say...."that just won't do?"

Well, that's what's been going on for the last 10 years. All of the tax payers are paying for service to help cloth them, feed them, educate them and get them medical care. You might as well let them live with you.

Unfortunately, all 1million illegals in Phoenx can't live in your house. You are helping along with my tax dollars to take care of all of this for them.

Now, it time for someone, maybe me, to run for office to stop this invasion. I 'm Hispanic and I am feed up with the lack to help from our politicians to get the job done. Maybe in order to get this taken care of, we need to "Fight fire, with fire!"

I am thinking about running for my district to get the job done. And one thing that we need to do first is take care of this "anchor baby" clause in the law. NO citizenship for undocumented workers. If you are not a citzen of this country....YOU HAVE NO RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go through the legal channels like everyone has done to get citizenship, then you can have all the kids you want.

Drop this clause in the law and they will not come here, plan and simple.

The are going through the legal channels. Having a kid in the U.S. is a legal way to give him a U.S. citizenship.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:40 AM

467 posts, read 1,056,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
The are going through the legal channels. Having a kid in the U.S. is a legal way to give him a U.S. citizenship.
However, this is the law that needs to be changed. Just because you have a kid in the US shouldn't give you legal stats unless you are a citizen. If you are not a citizen of the USA, then you should NOT have any legal rights for citizenship because your child is born here.

The law should state that you have to be a citizen of this country first, before you have legal rights.

It should not be like a Cracker Jacks box. Just because you open the box by crossing the border Ilegally, doesn't mean you get the prize!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or