Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 06:56 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,858,822 times

Advertisements

Selling U.S. citizenship? Arizona hospital markets to Mexican mothers-to-be

americans should be outraged and tucson medical center should be closed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 08:55 AM

50,060 posts, read 46,605,276 times
To think it is a status thing to have American kids is mind boggling.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:52 AM

706 posts, read 936,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
To think it is a status thing to have American kids is mind boggling.
Consider the benefits that come with having a child who is a citizen through "birth canal citizenship" .........that is mind boggling

Old 07-24-2009, 10:26 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,573,397 times
We might as well give US citizenship automatically to everyone in the world.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post

I'm sure that very idea is under consideration....Once Napolitano reduces border enforcement to nothing more than a dog and pony show, Some gasbag will recommend that the border patrol should become a "citizenship processing" agency......

Old 07-24-2009, 12:52 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,511,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Not a bad idea, now that you mention it....and after that, how about two cars, a fulfilling job, respectful kids, a devoted spouse, stunning good looks, and a weed-free lawn that never needs mowing. After all, don't we ALL deserve it?....and aren't we all pretty much the same, regardless of our circumstances of birth?....why should only US citizens reap the benefits of US citizenship?....

Old 07-24-2009, 01:46 PM

804 posts, read 1,355,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
Selling U.S. citizenship? Arizona hospital markets to Mexican mothers-to-be

americans should be outraged and tucson medical center should be closed!
This is a legal practice, why should the Tucson medical center should be closed for abiding to the law?

The second amendment should be changed/reinterpreted to make such practice illegal, if that's really what most Americans want.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
This is a legal practice, why should the Tucson medical center should be closed for abiding to the law?

While the practice may be legal,I'm just wondering which law they were "abiding to "

The second amendment should be changed/reinterpreted to make such practice illegal, if that's really what most Americans want.
I assume ( I know, I know..... ) that this is an analogy because I find no link between the right to keep and bear arms..... And this subject...

Old 07-24-2009, 05:27 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,858,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post

it should actually be closed by all americans BOYCOTTING that sorry excuse of a hospital.

i agree that the law should be changed and i also believe that most americans want the law changed. our country is being overwhelmed with this so-called "cheap labor" and never did have the manufacturing base to support this worker influx. our politicians knew it but evidently did not care enough to stop it because they were too busy selling workers out with the so-called "free trade agreements", whereby we import more than we export, increasing our debt load.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:25 PM

804 posts, read 1,355,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
I assume ( I know, I know..... ) that this is an analogy because I find no link between the right to keep and bear arms..... And this subject...
Haha, sorry, I had been talking with someone else about the right to bear arms, since I moved from Texas to Michigan not to long ago. ( BTW here is even illegal to carry a Taser..)

I meant the 14th amendment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration