U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 08:32 PM

14,969 posts, read 13,766,418 times

Advertisements

9 suspected undocumented immigrants freed after crime sweep - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ABC15.com

The three in the story linked to on an earlier thread, in addition to these six.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 09:59 PM

804 posts, read 1,174,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post

That is awesome, they are focusing on the dangerous criminals, and leaving people, who come to work, alone.

And also on the video, even Arpaio thinks that there is an Amnesty on it's way.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:53 PM

60,155 posts, read 30,614,837 times
There will be a revolution if that happens. Especially after promising in 86, that it would be the only and last time, while also given our unemployment rates now, with taxes fixing to go way up to pay for the spending spree.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:17 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
That is awesome, they are focusing on the dangerous criminals, and leaving people, who come to work, alone.

And also on the video, even Arpaio thinks that there is an Amnesty on it's way.
Knowing this government, even with unemployment climbing fast, they'll want to have that amnesty and "family reunification" with the newly amnestied bringing in all their long-lost relatives for the fewer taxpayers to support.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:22 PM

2,381 posts, read 4,410,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Knowing this government, even with unemployment climbing fast, they'll want to have that amnesty and "family reunification" with the newly amnestied bringing in all their long-lost relatives for the fewer taxpayers to support.
When I read the word reunification, I want, hope and think that it is not separating children from their parents who are already here in this country. I am not in favor of bringing in the brother, the parents of illegal immigrants, etc.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
When I read the word reunification, I want, hope and think that it is not separating children from their parents who are already here in this country. I am not in favor of bringing in the brother, the parents of illegal immigrants, etc.

It means just that to many -- bringing in extended families. I know of several illegals who do intend to bring in the whole family which in most hispanic cultures is not just the nuclear family we mean by family.

I would also think most illegal parents would want to keep their children if they return home. If the parents are here legally, then there should already be some way they can bring in minor age children legally.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:40 PM

380 posts, read 612,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There will be a revolution if that happens. Especially after promising in 86, that it would be the only and last time, while also given our unemployment rates now, with taxes fixing to go way up to pay for the spending spree.
Are you sure you mean revolution or do you mean a revolt? Major differences between the two. I guess you meant the former because you are a smart poster and obviously know the difference between the two. I have a few questions though; but humor me for a second before I get to them:
Generally speaking there are two types of revolutions. The first type is usually one that concerns itself with religion or societal norms and takes place over generations. I would imagine, after reading your post, that you are refering to the other type: violent and usually quick usurping of power by an oppressed and/or disadvantged segment of society. Though not always officially organized, their vinculum is usually deep seated anger and frustration.
Are the anti-illegals organized into a united front or are the bonds of anger so strong that things can "go off" at any moment(important requirement for a succesful revolution)?
Have they a large cache of weapons and ammunition at the ready to combat the military and local law enforcement?
Or are they planning on being joined by the military and local law enforcement?
The target of a revolution must be the ones who hold power, (or else it is not a revolution that you are refering to) so is the attack going to be on a city-hall building, a state capital, or Washington D.C.?

Please provide some more specifics if you can. If you cannot because you don't want to tip off your target I will understand. Good luck on the front lines.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:45 PM

Maybe something like is happening now in Honduras?

It could be much worse with states like California on the brink of economic collapse. What happens when the food stamps are cut back or don't arrive on time? Then the riots begin.

Old 07-26-2009, 02:04 PM

3,496 posts, read 8,343,093 times
[quote=malamute;9953336]Maybe something like is happening now in Honduras?

It could be much worse with states like California on the brink of economic collapse. What happens when the food stamps are cut back or don't arrive on time? Then the riots begin.[/QUOTE]

Riots by which segment of the population? Last I checked the last two major riots in LA where not caused by Hispanics.

Anyways,Hispanics are not the only ones on food stamps in Los Angeles...Of course your going to counter.."where did I say Hispanics"...to which I say why did you even post it in this forum?

Old 07-27-2009, 04:34 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,410,081 times
I think the total for illegal immigrants that were let go were 10. Here is the article...

74 arrested in MCSO's 3-day crime sweep
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration