U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 07:18 PM

2,381 posts, read 4,237,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Point taken.

Yet there seems to be a lot more societal tolerance for those ethno-centric hypocrite losers who tell us White people to return to Europe.

As I have stated in the past: when the Hispanics return to Spain---------which will never happen, then us Americans will return to Europe, Asia, Africa etc.
Take a big deep breath AZ. Now re-read your post. Those that are in such organizations posting quotes such as "White people return to Europe" are not Mexican. They are either Mexican American or Native American. They are also a minority group and do not share the sentiments of most Mexicans or Mexican Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 08:41 PM

291 posts, read 337,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Why, I've no idea! That was why I thought perhaps someone a bit more 'in the know' than myself could perhaps enlighten me. You see, taking down the US flag, which perhaps more than anything symbolizes the US, and replacing it with the Mexican flag or flying it underneath the Mexican flag tells me that the parties involved do not hold the US in particularly high esteem. What is the issue? Our failure to grant them the amnesty they seem to believe they are entitled to? We stole their land? Our failure to buckle under and accede to their every demand? Our expectation that they abide by our rules and laws just like everybody else? Furthermore, if they hold such a low opinion of us, what are the illegals doing here?
If they choose to desecrate our flag, desecrate out country and insult Americans then I am not interested in picking up the tab for the birth of their anchor babies, the education of their other kids who are in the US illegally or anything else for that matter.
Maya Angelou once said that when someone shows you who they are, believe them. The illegal aliens showed me what they are a number of years ago and I believe them completely.
Yup Rep you! these floks dont understand this is the USA!

CLUELESS BRAINWASHING.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:42 PM

786 posts, read 851,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Point taken.

Yet there seems to be a lot more societal tolerance for those ethno-centric hypocrite losers who tell us White people to return to Europe.

As I have stated in the past: when the Hispanics return to Spain---------which will never happen, then us Americans will return to Europe, Asia, Africa etc.
I've never heard anyone tell white people to go back to Europe. I have heard Native Americans say that we stole their land and Europeans have screwed over Native Americans. But that happened hundreds of years ago and, since we can't erase the past, we've all shoud accept that we all are here and try to find a way to live in harmony with eachother. People with ethnocentric/racist views, such as the lady with the sign, don't help us accomplish this.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Take a big deep breath AZ. Now re-read your post. Those that are in such organizations posting quotes such as "White people return to Europe" are not Mexican. They are either Mexican American or Native American. They are also a minority group and do not share the sentiments of most Mexicans or Mexican Americans.
Through the years I have had alot of Mexican friends and acquaintances and I've never heard any of them telling white people to go back to Europe.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:00 PM

8,971 posts, read 13,995,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
Through the years I have had alot of Mexican friends and acquaintances and I've never heard any of them telling white people to go back to Europe.
I once heard a Mexican tell a white guy "cierra la boca"....which was rude, I thought....but he never told the guy to go to Europe....just to 'cierra la boca'.

Does this count?..

Old 07-28-2009, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I once heard a Mexican tell a white guy "cierra la boca"....which was rude, I thought....but he never told the guy to go to Europe....just to 'cierra la boca'.

Does this count?..
No. Cierra la boca means shut your mouth; what does that have to do with go back to Europe?

Old 07-28-2009, 11:19 PM

8,971 posts, read 13,995,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
No. Cierra la boca means shut your mouth; what does that have to do with go back to Europe?
I don't know...nor do I know what either one of them have to do with illegal immigration.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I don't know...nor do I know what either one of them have to do with illegal immigration.
neither of them have a damn thing to do with illegal immigration.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:59 AM

15,179 posts, read 14,968,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Seriously?

I may be dumb, but I ain't that dumb.

That is the most stupidest thing I have read to date. Is there a link to that, so I can pass it around to my local friends and family?
Yes, Janet Murguia does not believe a distinction should be made between Hispanic citizens of this country and Hispanic illegal aliens. I posted a thread a few months ago which included her quote and a link, but canít recall the title of the thread. However, the following link is to a thread I posted on the issue of health insurance, which clearly indicates their stance.

RED ALERT -- La Raza: "If the American people found out..."

Old 07-29-2009, 11:00 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,237,340 times
How is that related to the elderly lady that had a racist sign outside her home?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration