U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 01:07 PM

5,409 posts, read 10,510,712 times

Advertisements

you kow whats funny, well not so much funny as sad. is that some hispanics do call Immigration services... but only in retaliation. thats the first thing they threaten eachother with.

the motive is different. the outcome the same.

there are other things ALL of us as citizens can do. but its just a matter of setting those priorities. ive stated my priorities previously. i focus on the reall bad guys in the hood.

but yes, there is lots we can all do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The point is like the Muslems of this country on that day the hispanic community as a whole remains silent.
As sailor I grew angry with my fellow sailors who insisted on trying to live the stereotype fueling the local police in their aggressive treatment of sailors.
What did I do? I cracked down hard on offending sailors. I couldn't change the Norfolk or VA Beach police attitudes. I could however make it very hard for sailors under my command who acted up.
What can the hispanic community as a whole do? Its not hard to figure it out. Start calling ICE. Stop facilitating and stop supporting. Become outspoken against those who would tarnish the image of honest americans who happen to have hispanic heritage.
If 80% of the offenders were white Canadians you can bet I would all over that in a hurry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 02:45 PM

8,971 posts, read 13,885,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The point is like the Muslems of this country on that day the hispanic community as a whole remains silent.
As sailor I grew angry with my fellow sailors who insisted on trying to live the stereotype fueling the local police in their aggressive treatment of sailors.
What did I do? I cracked down hard on offending sailors. I couldn't change the Norfolk or VA Beach police attitudes. I could however make it very hard for sailors under my command who acted up.
What can the hispanic community as a whole do? Its not hard to figure it out. Start calling ICE. Stop facilitating and stop supporting. Become outspoken against those who would tarnish the image of honest americans who happen to have hispanic heritage.
If 80% of the offenders were white Canadians you can bet I would all over that in a hurry.
I'm not sure whether you could ever ask...(or expect) an entire ethnic group to ever 'make a statement' on anything...that would be unrealistic, over-the-top, and, in itself, borderline 'racist'. I DO however, feel that some sort of "up with America" statement would be VERY well recieved by the American public, and would go VERY far in defusing the anger and frustration the public is now experiencing.

How about a group, not of 'Hispanics', but of INDIVIDUALS....some of those THREE MILLION people who PERSONALLY enjoyed the benefit of recieving amnesty in 1986? SURELY the majority of these people are still alive, and there must be numerous children and grandchildren of 'same'. How about something like a "THANK you, America....we appreciate the 'break', and we're happy to be here, and we're determined that your kindness to us...AND to our families..will not be forgotten. We're working hard, we're doing well. THANKS !"

What do you think? "corny".."sappy"...."simplistic"?...so WHAT? Americans are 'suckers' for even a LITTLE bit of praise...how can it hurt? We LOVE the corny and the sappy.

It couldn't hurt...and it might help. We don't even have to get IN to the specifics of today's situation...just a simple 'thanks' for that amnesty 23 years ago, from those individuals who recieved it, delivered in some sort of short TV commercial, may go FAR to getting the American public to stop seeing illegal immigration as a 'racial' issue.

I realize it will never happen..("why should WE have to THANK anybody "?...but felt I had to at least mention it..

Old 07-31-2009, 05:14 PM

53 posts, read 75,859 times
it's not racist. guys hispanic is an ethnicity not a race.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:24 PM

but its still prejudiced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobejano View Post
it's not racist. guys hispanic is an ethnicity not a race.
i wonder what banned poster this is ^^^^^

Old 07-31-2009, 05:34 PM

53 posts, read 75,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
but its still prejudiced.
but it's still not racist and signs like that are guaranteed under free speech wether we like it or not.

i don't likei t but i'll have to tolerate it

Old 07-31-2009, 05:41 PM

racist, ethnicist, whatever it is, its discriminatory and BIGOTTED.

as for our liberties. speech is not always guaranteed. thats why there is different classifications of such... including HATE speech.

do people not know this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobejano View Post
but it's still not racist and signs like that are guaranteed under free speech wether we like it or not.

i don't likei t but i'll have to tolerate it

Old 07-31-2009, 06:06 PM

38 posts, read 95,874 times
I am Hispanic and I do not support illegals.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:19 PM

well thank you for that.

and apparently some old bag wants you out of her neighborhood...

Quote:
Originally Posted by templete View Post

Old 07-31-2009, 08:30 PM

21,145 posts, read 34,801,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by templete View Post
And I have cousins in Venezuela (of Hungarian heritage) and I doubt said Hispanics do not support illegal immigration either. Caracas is Nirvana compared to Peru I bet.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:08 PM

8,971 posts, read 13,885,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobell111 View Post
Wow, first time you mentioned that one..I would think you'd be playing that hand every chance you got.
I agree. I would think that anyone in America who has a relative in a foreign country...or an ancestor from elsewhere... would automatically be in favor of open borders and unrestrained illegal immigration. After all, there are no illegal humans....and we're ALL immigrants...and all men are created equal..(not too sure about whether the women are included, though)...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration