U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 04:17 PM

11,878 posts, read 31,819,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Yet whites, blacks and asians haven't turned a blind eye to this problem right?
The problem is that every time us "whites" turn a "non-blind" eye to this problem we are called racists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 04:47 PM

706 posts, read 758,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
The problem is that every time us "whites" turn a "non-blind" eye to this problem we are called racists.

I believe it's due to a long buried and deep seeded condition that has recently become the main "method of attack" from the pro illegal crowd. Regardless of the arguement/discussion.... In many cases ( most certainly not all) the only option left is to throw out the race card.

Is there such a term as "Anglophobia" or is it possible for someone to be an "Anglophobe" ?

Old 08-01-2009, 05:07 PM

5,963 posts, read 10,019,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
What? Come again? Who said anything about illegal immigrants protesting parades? I don't care if the lady was in her own land, in Mexico, in Saudi Arabia or in the Fiji Islands with that sign. It's a racist sign and I don't have any tolerance for that ****.
And us American Citizens are supposed to have tolerance for the illegals having their racist, hate filled parades, making their demands, spewing hatred?? Get real!

Old 08-01-2009, 05:32 PM

21,145 posts, read 35,143,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
I believe it's due to a long buried and deep seeded condition that has recently become the main "method of attack" from the pro illegal crowd. Regardless of the arguement/discussion.... In many cases ( most certainly not all) the only option left is to throw out the race card.

Is there such a term as "Anglophobia" or is it possible for someone to be an "Anglophobe" ?

Anymore: my favorite comeback against the 'race card' is I state I am extremely prejudiced against illegal aliens irrespective of their actual race/ethnicity-----------the apologists look at me aghast.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:37 AM

30 posts, read 54,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Then perhaps the "Hispanics" should be self policing if they do not want to be seen in a bad light....their support for illegals does not help them.
First of all you make a mistake in suggesting that all Hispanics support illegal immigration. One Hispanic may and one Hispanic might not. Self policing? For what reason? I don't go around self policing my white peers and neither do any of you. When a white person commits a crime none of us are expected to apologize for it as if we share one brain. I am an individual and what another white person does has absolutely nothing to do with me. The sooner you learn minorities too are individuals...

Old 08-02-2009, 01:47 AM

20,317 posts, read 17,784,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionaddict View Post
First of all you make a mistake in suggesting that all Hispanics support illegal immigration. One Hispanic may and one Hispanic might not. Self policing? For what reason? I don't go around self policing my white peers and neither do any of you. When a white person commits a crime none of us are expected to apologize for it as if we share one brain. I am an individual and what another white person does has absolutely nothing to do with me. The sooner you learn minorities too are individuals...
Big difference between self policing and not standing up about every petty non-community related crime.
The hispanic community as a whole has been silent about illegal immigration. Why should hispanics condemn it? 80% of all illegals are hispanics. Add to this that many within the hispanic community are active enablers and supporters of the illegals.. Tired of so-called racial profiling? Then become part of the solution.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:06 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,244,122 times
I can assure you that we do call the police on those people that comit a serious crime, though we cant tell whether they are legal or illegal by simply looking at them. We dont hold back and wonder or try to figure out if they are here illegally so we dont call authorities.

I know many who call the police for drunk drivers, stealing, physical harm to others etc. If they are minding their own business, dont hurt anyone, and are here to just work, I dont see why I should be investigating their legal status.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:23 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,244,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
you kow whats funny, well not so much funny as sad. is that some hispanics do call Immigration services... but only in retaliation. thats the first thing they threaten eachother with.

the motive is different. the outcome the same.

there are other things ALL of us as citizens can do. but its just a matter of setting those priorities. ive stated my priorities previously. i focus on the reall bad guys in the hood.

but yes, there is lots we can all do.
Yes, there are some that do call the police on them when they feel threatened by them. Outside my sister's office there used to be a stand, in LA, where a lady sold fresh fruit with lemon and powdered pepper, for at least 10 years. Then came another lady selling hot dogs. The new lady wanted the clients all to herself and she had a legal permit to sell food at that location. My sister asked the Latina lady who sold hot dogs about the fruit stand lady, to which she replied that she got rid of her by calling ICE because she was taking away her customers.

Then you have people like my father who was laid off his job last month and had seniority over the majority. They let a small group of employees stay to which my father says, none had legal status and the employer knew this. My father did think this was unfair and he knows the law is on his side. But he also says, they are good people who have two teens and one elementary child. My father says he would not be able to sleep knowing he caused another family to separate if deported. The older son would not follow him, he just graduated and received a local scholarship and a number of donations to go to college. It would be devastating for the other teen and the child to see the family split.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:26 AM

4 posts, read 13,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I tend to agree with you. A little self policing would go a long ways. The same would be true of the Muslem community which remains strangly silent in regards to middleastern terrorism.
It is not racist to point out the obvious. The fact that Hispanics constitute 80% of all illegals.
I think the womans sign is in bad taste and certainly lacking any class. But then the same can be said for the graffiti that covers so many surfaces in american cities. There is no law against bad taste or even being a racist.
There are however laws against illegal immigration. Which is what this forum is about.
Don't blame Muslims community for not speaking out. They are easy targets and don't blame legal Hispanics because many family members are illegal. Place the blame on those who make the immigration laws and refuse to enforce them. And Muslim Americans do speak out, but we just do not see it.

Old 12-19-2009, 04:52 PM

8,971 posts, read 14,018,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazlet View Post
. and don't blame legal Hispanics because many family members are illegal. Place the blame on those who make the immigration laws and refuse to enforce them. .
I've never quite understood the above rationale, although it's been used before. You don't want us to 'blame' the people who break laws, but you want us to blame the people who LET them break laws? So if you have a 'nice' cop, who basically stands by while people break non-violent laws, you blame the cop, not the perpetrators? Would it be better to have a really BRUTAL cop, who would be eager to use his tear gas, his handcuffs, and his club? That way, we'd be SURE people wouldn't break laws...they'd be too sore, afraid, and 'beaten up' to do so.

I'd rather have a free society, where people obey laws because OBEYING LAWS is the RIGHT THING TO DO....rather than a draconian society, where people obey laws because they are terrified of the police.

In a free society, when people DO break the law, we blame the lawbreakers..not the police for 'letting them'....and not some third party who 'lured' them. That's the difference between a First World society and the Third World. A First World society requires personal accountability if it's to function. You don't need that in a Third World society...all that's neccessary there, to maintain order, is fear.

I'd rather keep our society at a First World level, as long as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration