U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 05:30 PM

14,307 posts, read 6,387,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I've never quite understood the above rationale, although it's been used before. You don't want us to 'blame' the people who break laws, but you want us to blame the people who LET them break laws? So if you have a 'nice' cop, who basically stands by while people break non-violent laws, you blame the cop, not the perpetrators? Would it be better to have a really BRUTAL cop, who would be eager to use his tear gas, his handcuffs, and his club? That way, we'd be SURE people wouldn't break laws...they'd be too sore, afraid, and 'beaten up' to do so.

I'd rather have a free society, where people obey laws because OBEYING LAWS is the RIGHT THING TO DO....rather than a draconian society, where people obey laws because they are terrified of the police.

In a free society, when people DO break the law, we blame the lawbreakers..not the police for 'letting them'....and not some third party who 'lured' them. That's the difference between a First World society and the Third World. A First World society requires personal accountability if it's to function. You don't need that in a Third World society...all that's neccessary there, to maintain order, is fear.

I'd rather keep our society at a First World level, as long as possible.
Exactly! If immigrants come here and don't understand or want to respect the rule of law in this country then perhaps they shouldn't come here. You are right that our society is based on personal accountability rather than passing the buck for one's unlawful actions and constantly trying to justify them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 06:52 PM

17,454 posts, read 14,103,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I've never quite understood the above rationale, although it's been used before. You don't want us to 'blame' the people who break laws, but you want us to blame the people who LET them break laws? So if you have a 'nice' cop, who basically stands by while people break non-violent laws, you blame the cop, not the perpetrators? Would it be better to have a really BRUTAL cop, who would be eager to use his tear gas, his handcuffs, and his club? That way, we'd be SURE people wouldn't break laws...they'd be too sore, afraid, and 'beaten up' to do so.

I'd rather have a free society, where people obey laws because OBEYING LAWS is the RIGHT THING TO DO....rather than a draconian society, where people obey laws because they are terrified of the police.

In a free society, when people DO break the law, we blame the lawbreakers..not the police for 'letting them'....and not some third party who 'lured' them. That's the difference between a First World society and the Third World. A First World society requires personal accountability if it's to function. You don't need that in a Third World society...all that's neccessary there, to maintain order, is fear.

I'd rather keep our society at a First World level, as long as possible.
Dangit man, your posts sometimes really make me think and you are always spot on. In the big picture you are exactly right with how that "should" work.

Old 12-19-2009, 07:54 PM

10,467 posts, read 10,226,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I tend to agree with you. A little self policing would go a long ways. The same would be true of the Muslem community which remains strangly silent in regards to middleastern terrorism.
It is not racist to point out the obvious. The fact that Hispanics constitute 80% of all illegals.
Why don't white people condemn neo-nazis that see Hitler as their heroe?
Why are white people silent about that?
Do they approve of it?

Old 12-19-2009, 08:05 PM

14,307 posts, read 6,387,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Do they approve of it?
I don't know where you are coming from with this statement. Most white people are opposed to nazism and view Hitler as a racist, genocidal maniac. So what do you mean they are silent about it? Hitler was a part of German history why would we sit around talking about him today as a part of our regular daily conversations? Let me ask you this, why don't Latinos speak out about the Chicano, reconquista movement? Do they approve of it? What has this to do with illegal immigration anyway?

Old 12-19-2009, 08:39 PM

21,157 posts, read 26,639,359 times
Quote:
Do they approve of it?
Excuse me? I have no use for that racist Neo-Nazi crap: even those Hispanics who also believe it---------Argentina, Uruguay, Chile and in particular Spain have the attitude that if you ain't White, you ain't right. Mestizos and especially Blacks/Indians need not apply

Just remember: KKK=MEChA. Need I say more?

Old 12-19-2009, 08:41 PM

21,157 posts, read 26,639,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I don't know where you are coming from with this statement. Most white people are opposed to nazism and view Hitler as a racist, genocidal maniac. So what do you mean they are silent about it? Hitler was a part of German history why would we sit around talking about him today as a part of our regular daily conversations? Let me ask you this, why don't Latinos speak out about the Chicano, reconquista movement? Do they approve of it? What has this to do with illegal immigration anyway?
Just desperation on the part of the pro illegal types; nothing more. They know the party (chance of amnesty) is over but have not accepted it.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:17 AM

17,454 posts, read 14,103,864 times
Quote:
Do they approve of it?

I don't know anyone that is friends with a neo-nazi. I do hear WHITE people reference one part of San Diego as Klantee and they tell other WHITE people to avoid certain areas of that City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration